Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May sleevers out there?

All the best Erin! You are going to be great, sending you thoughts and prayers and looking forward to your first post op message!

Hey guys, well tomorrow is my day April21st.. I'm Beyond anxious. Wondering is my house clean enough the the hubby ok taking over my usually duties. Dear god I hope he feeds the dog. Etc I'm shakey and anxious yet excited and impatient. I just want to do it already and start healing. Any last tips?? My anxiety is so high I feel like I am about to pass out :( I know I am being a baby but I can't help it. Starting weight was 273lbs but now I'm weighing in at 253.2lbs after the preop diet... I really want to get down to 135-145lbs. Is that likely possible? I'm 24 athletic flexible etc... Sorry I'm rambling. Good luck fellow 21st sleeves!!

Hope your surgery went well Erin!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

May 1st!! This is my second date for surgery I was 1st scheduled for the 16th. But that date didn't work for anyone but me. Ha

Anyway, my nerves were SOOOOO bad last time. It was almost to much to handle!

Any advise?

Hi everyone! i am 5 days post op! i started at 268 i am 248 today. took my first shower and removed the gauze. i am not hungry at all but i miss the sensation of chewing. Things smell funny and sorbets taste super sweet. i couldn't stomach Jello yet. is anyone else having serious gas pains? its like in my chest and everytime i pass gas it seems internal or i am going to poop myself i know too much info but its strange!! i feel achy and sore, its hard getting p from sitting position but its manageable. im still taking liquid Percocet for pain but instead of every 4 hours i am doing every 7 hours to stretch it out. i am sleeping on the couch w hubby bc i can't lay down yet. i have been walking everyday- i walked an hour yesterday i think i overdid it. any advice or things i should prepare for? lol hope everyone is doing great! sorry i was MIA for a few days- between surgery and my mom had a stroke it has been a long week.

any advice???

My surgery date is May 7th. I'm new to the website- what is the best way to get/give support with fellow Sleevers? I'm hoping that there is a way to go through this journey with others, as I do not know anyone else who's had it.

My surgery date is May 7th. I'm new to the website- what is the best way to get/give support with fellow Sleevers? I'm hoping that there is a way to go through this journey with others, as I do not know anyone else who's had it.

hi Doll I'm May 12th hopefully, if there are any questions I can answer for you pls ask.....

Hi everyone! i am 5 days post op! i started at 268 i am 248 today. took my first shower and removed the gauze. i am not hungry at all but i miss the sensation of chewing. Things smell funny and sorbets taste super sweet. i couldn't stomach Jello yet. is anyone else having serious gas pains? its like in my chest and everytime i pass gas it seems internal or i am going to poop myself i know too much info but its strange!! i feel achy and sore, its hard getting p from sitting position but its manageable. im still taking liquid Percocet for pain but instead of every 4 hours i am doing every 7 hours to stretch it out. i am sleeping on the couch w hubby bc i can't lay down yet. i have been walking everyday- i walked an hour yesterday i think i overdid it. any advice or things i should prepare for? lol hope everyone is doing great! sorry i was MIA for a few days- between surgery and my mom had a stroke it has been a long week.

any advice???

Glad to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear about your mom. That's rough. I'm glad you are doing well. Do you have a drain? My surgeon places a drain. I am not looking forward to that. I've never had one before.

any advice???

Glad to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear about your mom. That's rough. I'm glad you are doing well. Do you have a drain? My surgeon places a drain. I am not looking forward to that. I've never had one before.

i did have a drain while in the hopsital they removed it before i wleft. i wont lie it was uncomfortable and in the way made it hard to go to the bathroom. getting it out was uncomfortable didn't hurt but was def uncomfortable. my little hole from it is still there i took off the bandages today and gently washed it. make sure u keep them clean!!

Hi!! I'm May 7th too :)

hi Doll I'm May 12th hopefully, if there are any questions I can answer for you pls ask.....

That's awesome! I would love to keep in touch as we go through this!! How are you feeling about the surgery as it gets closer?

Hi!! I'm May 7th too :)

Love it! How are you doing on the liquid diet? Nervous at all about the surgery?

Edited by MrsKatieB

That's awesome! I would love to keep in touch as we go through this!! How are you feeling about the surgery as it gets closer?

I'm so excited but I often find myself getting nervous and for some reason Im having a hard time picturing myself thin I picture myself smaller but I've been a size 18 for soooo long I can't picture myself a 100 pounds smaller is that crazy

Edited by Rebellious Butterfly

I'm so excited but I often find myself getting nervous and for some reason Im having a hard time picturing myself thin I picture myself smaller but I've been a size 18 for soooo long I can't picture myself a 100 pounds smaller is that crazy

I feel the same way! I can't imagine being below 200 pounds. That's just nuts to think about! But I'm starting to actually believe that it's going to happen :)

When do you start the liquid diet?

Hi everyone! i am 6 days post op! i started at 268 i am 246 today. i feel achy and sore, its hard getting p from sitting position but its manageable. im still taking liquid Percocet for pain but instead of every 4 hours i am doing every 7 hours to stretch it out. i am sleeping on the couch w hubby bc i can't lay down yet. i have been walking everyday- i walked an hour yesterday i think i overdid it. any advice or things i should prepare for? lol hope everyone is doing great! sorry i was MIA for a few days- between surgery and my mom had a stroke it has been a long week. any advice???

Wondering what Snacks will be good to keep in the house full time when I can eat solids? And also what is the total amount of food we should eat each meal?? Like 3oz chicken ----oz veggies etc.