Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May sleevers out there?

May 19th here in Upstate New York ...

First I have to have my nasty Lap-Band out on April 14th, then after a 5 week healing period I get my sleeve.

Just starting to make my post-op shopping list ...I plan to do my prep shopping after the band removal in an attempt to make the 5 week break between procedures go faster..

Best wishes to all !!!!!

First I have to have my nasty Lap-Band out on April 14th, then after a 5 week healing period I get my sleeve.

Just starting to make my post-op shopping list ...I plan to do my prep shopping after the band removal in an attempt to make the 5 week break between procedures go faster..

Best wishes to all !!!!!

I was able to have both done at the same time. The doctor said it was a 50/50 shot but I woke up sleeved. And I had been banded a LONG time, and had some major issues. I would ask if it can be done in one shot if at all possible.

I was able to have both done at the same time. The doctor said it was a 50/50 shot but I woke up sleeved. And I had been banded a LONG time, and had some major issues. I would ask if it can be done in one shot if at all possible.

Best wishes to all !!!!!

I got my band in Oct 2008 and have not had any real problems except not being able to eat anything of substance without getting sick but my dr said he waits 5-6 wks to give the stomach time to heal and reshape itself. He said it reduces the chances of complications. I really don't mind since I only started the process a couple of months ago so things have moved very fast! He unfilled my band on 1/30 & when i went back to see him in March & I told him I wanted to move forward with the sleeve- he gave me my dates immediately- I was kind of surprised !

May 15th...a week after my 40th birthday. My gift to myself! I have to do 3 week pre-op diet... is that unheard of?

Not unheard of, I start a pre op diet 2 weeks before mine. I will be drinking a shake called Optifast, it will shrink my liver and the fat around my liver to make it easier for the surgeon. That is as amazing gift to you Hun, a new life starting at 40 for you :D. My pre op is tomorrow and they're also going to be checking my gallbladder so it's going to be a long day, I'm nervous about the tube they are going to put down my throat, I will be sedated though :(

Yayyy! Thank you for postings everyone! Good luck to all of us! I'm super excited, want it overwith already to start my new life! Less than a month to go!! Wooo!!

May 8th. Any other May "guys"?

I'll be getting mine may 7th

I'll be getting mine may 7th

Hi! I'm May 7th too!! Good luck :)

Any Ct sleevers out there? I am having surgery May 27 Yale.

I just got my approval yesterday and we're eyeballing May 19.

I just got my approval yesterday and we're eyeballing May 19.

That's great!! Day before mine! :)

Hey guys, well tomorrow is my day April21st.. I'm

Beyond anxious. Wondering is my house clean enough the the hubby ok taking over my usually duties. Dear god I hope he feeds the dog. Etc I'm shakey and anxious yet excited and impatient. I just want to do it already and start healing. Any last tips?? My anxiety is so high I feel like I am about to pass out :( I know I am being a baby but I can't help it. Starting weight was 273lbs but now I'm weighing in at 253.2lbs after the preop diet... I really want to get down to 135-145lbs. Is that likely possible? I'm 24 athletic flexible etc... Sorry I'm rambling. Good luck fellow 21st sleeves!!

Hey guys, well tomorrow is my day April21st.. I'm

Beyond anxious. Wondering is my house clean enough the the hubby ok taking over my usually duties. Dear god I hope he feeds the dog. Etc I'm shakey and anxious yet excited and impatient. I just want to do it already and start healing. Any last tips?? My anxiety is so high I feel like I am about to pass out :( I know I am being a baby but I can't help it. Starting weight was 273lbs but now I'm weighing in at 253.2lbs after the preop diet... I really want to get down to 135-145lbs. Is that likely possible? I'm 24 athletic flexible etc... Sorry I'm rambling. Good luck fellow 21st sleeves!!

My thoughts are with you and I'm sending you all the calming vibes I can muster.i know that I will feel the same way. Just think, this time tomorrow you'll be on the losers bench. I'm kinda jealous:) maybe take a nice long bubble bath and try to get some sleep. I can't wait until you tell us how great you're feeling post op and keep us informed of your progress. *hugs*