Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 7 People Check in here!

I came out of surgery about 2pm EST, and I'm now in my room, eating ice chips! Pain is being managed with an IV med for now,and that is good, because it is pretty intense, but I'm thinking that will improve drastically once I'm up and walking. So far so good. Anyone else?

I've been out of surgery for a couple of hours. It went swimmingly. Feeling good walking around, the staff here is so attentive it's amazing!

Dilaudid is the best for my pain just went to the bathroom and walked baxk by myself walking does help as well. I have been waiting in recovery for a bed since 430 my surgery took a little longer than expected but was still good . This is for me and worth it

I was in recovery at about 2. The pain was unbearable, they gave me the max amount of dilauted. I thought they were going to cancel me yesterday. While I was in the shower, I could feel my IUD coming out! It wasn't emergent, sowe went ahead. I feel much better today. I've been walking laps around the floor and sleeping. Struggling to even get Water down. Good luck to everyone in the recovery phase!

Today is going great! I've never been so excited for such a small amount of Gatorade. Two more days here then we head home, still seems surreal that this has even happen to me. I hope everyone else continues to do well. Stay positive! It's all downhill from here.

Here we are on the other side, huh? My pain has not been bad until they took me off the pump. I'm walking a lot and just got clearance to drink Clear Liquids. broth never tasted so good! I'm off to take a nap.

Yea the broth was good just don't have the urge the pain has taken over and medication causes me to be drowsy but I am still walking I still need to release this gas ugh taking forever

The gas is making me miserable too. It is my only real complaint. I have been walking and using my heating pad, but I still don't have room for the Protein I have to drink to be able to go home. Never felt this full in my life. On a happier note, my mom called last night, and is sending me all the clothes she can't fit into anymore. This is a total score because my mom is a shopaholic with really good taste!

New clothes already? That's a great score! It is Wed morning and I actually slept pretty well last night. Now taking oral pain meds crushed and getting iv out later. I am walking so much and using my breathing thing which has helped a lot with gas.

Just got my IV out, and I can go home as soon as DH gets here. I'm so excited to get back to my house! Anyone else gettting to go home today?

My iv is out, my regular clothes are on, I do my barium test today and have my drain removed. We stay tonight and leave in the morning! Oh and I get broth today, woohoo. Still 2400 miles away from home but my dogs and cats and humans are all awaiting my arrival, it's going to be fantastic. This thread has been very helpful, thank you again for everyone's support.

I'm home! Best shower I have had in a long time in my own shower! Took a short nap and now I'm up on the couch waiting for my kids to get home from school. I'm able to go the full 4 hours between pain medicine doses without feeling bad and needing a supplement to take the edge off. Sipping on broth and Water. My dr said not to worry too much these next few days about Protein requirements, just focus on hydration. I bought some Isopure flavored water before surgery that I'll sip on a bit. It has 40 g of Protein in 1 bottle. Still can't believe it is over, and I feel so much better than I thought I would. Good luck everyone!

Best shower is always at home . The warm Water running down my body felt so good and so relieved. My pain has been on and off laid in bed and also walked around the house. Belly still looks bloated but the heating pad does help, Tom will be first visit with doc. Only can tolerate water mostly I need flavor wish I can have Vitamin water but that has sugar lol . I get full quick with the Jello and ice pop just trying to maintain my hydration. I am happy with such a wonderful team of support. Hope all is well with everyone else. Love this app it really helped me a lot

So happy for all you post op people you have your lives back. As far as the gas, keep walking. That is the best relief for it. I was a RN on a post op floor. Continue to improve and keep posting.. I'm 15 pounds away from having my procedure.