Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you mind giving me the contact information on the doctor in Chicago who does your fills? I live in Wisconsin, and I am not sure where to go for them? Thanks!

If you don't mind can you let me know where you go for your fills. I am being banded on 7/26 and that is one of my worries that the doctors back here will not treat me if I have it done in Mexico. I have not even told my reg. doctor yet that I am having this done.

gutierrezea vbmenu_register("postmenu_497731", true);

I am scheduled to be banded by Dr. Corvala in Tijuana, Mex on 7/26. I am a little weird about leaving the states for this. I was referred to them by 2 friends that have had it done and they loved it. How is your recovery doing? Have you faced any problems?

ME TOO! I am scheduled with him this Monday! How was it? How is it going? Any assurance or advice would sure be appreciated!

If you don't mind can you let me know where you go for your fills. I am being banded on 7/26 and that is one of my worries that the doctors back here will not treat me if I have it done in Mexico. I have not even told my reg. doctor yet that I am having this done.

Crissy, I have the same concern. Someone told me that there was a doctor at Theda Clark in Neenah that will do them, and I think there is someone in Milwaukee as well. Otherwise, I will be looking into Chicago. The nearest FillCenterUSA is in Missouri! www.fillcentersusa.com

Ill let you know what I find out.

Crissy, I have the same concern. Someone told me that there was a doctor at Theda Clark in Neenah that will do them, and I think there is someone in Milwaukee as well. Otherwise, I will be looking into Chicago. The nearest FillCenterUSA is in Missouri! Fill Centers USA - Weight Loss Surgery - Bariatric Surgery - Gastric Bypass Surgery - Lap Band Surgery Information and Support

Ill let you know what I find out.

Good luck on Monday. Are you excited yet? Did you do any kind of pre-op diet. The 2 people that referred me to Dr. Corvala did not do anything before hand, but everywhere I read here says you should be on some form of a diet.

Crissy, I asked about that too. They told me that as long as my BMI<45, I din't need to do the pre-op diet. You are way under that (if fact I'm surprised you qualified--you must have some co-morbidity); I just eeked out!

I am getting excited. For one thing, this is a great chance to visit my son in LA, but also, I have been wanting for this for sooo long! My insurance company doesn't cover biatric surgery at all, and I had given up hope until someone told me about Mexico. This morning I stocked up on liquids (EAS AdvantEDGE) and liquid Tylenol (adult strength) and chewable Gax-X, and bought a sports bra.

I haven't told anyone other than my husband and kids. Not my parents, Not my PCP either (well, he knows I was trying to get the surgery done here, but he doesn't know that I am going to Mexico) It's kind of easy since we can just say that we're going to see our son. I don't want to have to defend this decision to anyone else yet. I only wish I could have done this 20 years ago! I lost over 100 pounds then, but gained it all back + 30. This time, I pray that I will be able to keep it off!!!!!

Crissy, I asked about that too. They told me that as long as my BMI<45, I din't need to do the pre-op diet. You are way under that (if fact I'm surprised you qualified--you must have some co-morbidity); I just eeked out!

I am getting excited. For one thing, this is a great chance to visit my son in LA, but also, I have been wanting for this for sooo long! My insurance company doesn't cover biatric surgery at all, and I had given up hope until someone told me about Mexico. This morning I stocked up on liquids (EAS AdvantEDGE) and liquid Tylenol (adult strength) and chewable Gax-X, and bought a sports bra.

I haven't told anyone other than my husband and kids. Not my parents, Not my PCP either (well, he knows I was trying to get the surgery done here, but he doesn't know that I am going to Mexico) It's kind of easy since we can just say that we're going to see our son. I don't want to have to defend this decision to anyone else yet. I only wish I could have done this 20 years ago! I lost over 100 pounds then, but gained it all back + 30. This time, I pray that I will be able to keep it off!!!!!

It is easy for me to say you should not have to defend your decision to do what is best for you but I am the same way. Nobody knows but my husband and my mother (only because she is having it also done on the same day). I don't feel like I need to explain to people way I need to have this done. If this is what will make you happy with yourself you go for it. I wish you all the luck in the world on Monday and with your new journey to being thinner and healthier. Please let me know how everything goes for you. ;)

I just attended the WLS info seminar offered at NYU Medical Center and while I fervently wish I could afford to have it done by Dr. Fielding/Dr. Ren, it's just not possible since my insurance excludes any type of bariatric surgery. When I called Dr. Fielding's office, they recommended Drs. Corvala and Rimbaut in Mexico.

I'd love to read more from people that have had experiences with these doctors so that I can make a decision about which doctor to go with.

Chrissy and lindaa, can I ask how you made the decision to go with Dr. Corvala? Did you find any other places on the web where people spoke about their experiences?

I'm also concered about what happens if something goes wrong with my band and I am self-pay. Will I have to go back to Mexico to have it fixed? What have people's experiences been?

I highly recommend Dr. Rumbaut. I can't answer about the problems, because (thankfully) I haven't had any problems. I hope I never do!!!

I was banded on June 22, 2007 by Dr. Valencia and the entire experience was professional. I felt that the Doctors paid more attention and the hospital was cleaner than in the US.

My only concern was that the nurses spoke little or no English. I speak some Spanish and that helped. I would highly suggest you bring a Spanish/English dictionary and someone to act as your advocate.

I was vey nervous about going to Mexico for the surgery bu the difference in cost was too good to pass up. I am now looking for dentists in Mexico.

I'd be interested in staying in touch with anyone who was banded around the same time.

grateful!!

I thought I would add to what grateful said about Dr. Valencia. It's so nice to have this board to come on and share information and get help especially when deciding to go to Mex for surgery.

I found this article today that makes me feel even better about my choice to use my doctor. US News and World Reports have named the top hospitals in the US. Johns Hopkins Tops Best Hospital List

Being that Dr. Valencia teaches at UCLA and UCLA was named #5 in the country, reinforces my decision that I used Dr. Valencia! I am grateful that I was safe and had a good outcome. Those of us that have to self pay are lucky to have this option with a doctor that is a professor for the #3 hospital in U.S. and how lucky we are that he also practices in Mex!!!!

Of course everyone should choose a doctor that they feel comfortable with. Just make sure you are safe too!

petuniap

Dr. Corvala preformed the banded on 2 people that I know and they could not stop saying how wonderful the whole experience was. From the hospital stay to the people that work there. I did look around at other doctors in Mexico but my final decision was really based on the fact that I know 2 people personally that say it was worth it. I did ask about what happens with the fills when I get back to the states the they said that Dr. Corvala is affiliated with several groups in the States. Also if something should happen where I get sick they said that the doctors in the states would have to treat me. The one thing they did say was that if something happens to the band that it needs to be removed or something like that they ask that you go back to them, but I am not sure if that is just because they preformed it and they want to fix it or what.

Well I have 1 more week till the big day 7/26. I will post how everything goes. I am sure it will be perfect. :o

petuniap

Dr. Corvala preformed the banded on 2 people that I know and they could not stop saying how wonderful the whole experience was. From the hospital stay to the people that work there. I did look around at other doctors in Mexico but my final decision was really based on the fact that I know 2 people personally that say it was worth it. I did ask about what happens with the fills when I get back to the states the they said that Dr. Corvala is affiliated with several groups in the States. Also if something should happen where I get sick they said that the doctors in the states would have to treat me. The one thing they did say was that if something happens to the band that it needs to be removed or something like that they ask that you go back to them, but I am not sure if that is just because they preformed it and they want to fix it or what.

Well I have 1 more week till the big day 7/26. I will post how everything goes. I am sure it will be perfect. :)

Everyday when I think about how much money I still owe on that worthless LOPEZ surgery......it boils my blood. Now, I owe an additional $15,000.00 to my credit card for Dr Billy to do my revision! That $9,000.00 I threw away for Lopez to botch my surgery, was a total waste. I wish I would have just gone to Billy in the first place. The reason I wrote was to say that when Billy took out my slipped Lopez band....he gave it to me. It sits in my sock drawer.

Lopez failed me back in 2003.

Dr Billy fixed me in Jan 2007.

Those of you who praise the wonders of Dr Lopez have just not had your problems yet. Just wait. He will ignor you just as he has done the rest of us. I was confused at first also. P.S...who does your fills? Lopez PROMISED he would personally do my fills. I never saw the man again. He had his flunky asst. do it.

Delara,

Please add my name to your list of people who have been hurt by Lopez.

Warmly,

Christine

CHRISSY:

JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH!!!!!!!!

I'M SCARED!!!

Is the Lopez Corvala in legallyblonde's quote the same as yours?

You know I have been reading posts on this site for a while, looking for a lap band surgeon and I thought I had found Lopez to be a good one, but upon further searching I came across legallyblond2. It's horrible the way she was treated by Corvala. I am no longer considering Corvala. Legallyblonde2 you hang in there! We are all rooting for you!

Concerned Calvin

When I was banded on June 22, 2007 by Dr Valencia (who I really suggest strongly, see my prior e-mail) there were 2 patients on my floor who had Dr Lopez. The comparison was like night and day. I would strongly advise against Dr Lopez from what I have heard from others at the hospital and on these pages.

Try to do some asking around. I called the hospital that I was to have my procedure at and asked them a lot of questions about Dr. Lopez Corvala. Even called some of the other doctors and asked about my doc.I agree with the other person don't do it because it's the cheapest, check everything out first.
Everyday when I think about how much money I still owe on that worthless LOPEZ surgery......it boils my blood. Now, I owe an additional $15,000.00 to my credit card for Dr Billy to do my revision! That $9,000.00 I threw away for Lopez to botch my surgery, was a total waste. I wish I would have just gone to Billy in the first place. The reason I wrote was to say that when Billy took out my slipped Lopez band....he gave it to me. It sits in my sock drawer.

Those of you who praise the wonders of Dr Lopez have just not had your problems yet. Just wait. He will ignor you just as he has done the rest of us. I was confused at first also. P.S...who does your fills? Lopez PROMISED he would personally do my fills. I never saw the man again. He had his flunky asst. do it.

Delara,

Warmly,

Christine

I WAS ALL EXCITED...

Not any more. I was considering Corvala, but some posts I found made me shy away, so my Quest is still on for a lap band surgeon.

(sigh,sigh,sigh)

Confused Calvin

P.S. rere923: Who was it that gave you good references on Corvala? What Hospital?

My 7500.00 included 2 days in the hospital and 2 days at a very nice hotel. Dr. Lopez teaches a lot of US Doctors and you get 1 year of free fills. But the down fall to that is if you don't live in or around San Diego you still have to pay to get there.

Delara,

Warmly,

Christine

Too many people saying great things about this Lopez Corvala. It's scary, please do your research!

Concerned Calvin