Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having the surgery with Dr. Zapata, who did you find to do the fills? How much are they? No one in Arkansas will follow up on Mexico patients.

Regarding a fill dr, I am using Fill Center USA. They have one in Farmington,Mo about 1.5 hrs south of St.Louis. If you go to their website I think they are going to open one in Little Rock. Fillcentersusa.com Their initial visit is 299.00 and fills are 155.00 but does not include fluroscopy and I think that is an additional 75-100.Any more questions let me know. Dactyl

Try to do some asking around. I called the hospital that I was to have my procedure at and asked them a lot of questions about Dr. Lopez Corvala. Even called some of the other doctors and asked about my doc.I agree with the other person don't do it because it's the cheapest, check everything out first.

It has been a little over two years since my surgery and I have successfully kept off the 80-pounds I had originally lost within the first 9 months after the procedure. Dr. Gonzalez has given me a new "best friend" – the lap band The weight loss process was easy and fun. Like many, I had tried every single diet possible and had been unsuccessful in keeping the weight off because it was unrealistic. I never taught myself to eat properly and to be selective with what I should eat, but thanks to the lap-band my eating habits have improved. My self esteem is higher then it has ever been and I feel like I am on top of the world.

I honestly have to thank Dr. Gonzalez and his team for helping me through this journey. He is an incredible doctor that knows what he is doing. I have total faith and confidence in him, and once you decide to get your procedure done, I am sure you will feel the same as I do. Doctor Gonzalez and his team are an exceptional group of professionals that are knowledgeable and have the best attitudes I have seen.as soon as I made the phone call to the GOLAP-BAND clinic I knew I had to look no more, I could call my personal lapband coordinator any time I felt I had any questions (and I had many )once I made my decision after many hours of research on the web and by phone they scheduled me in for the surgery on a Monday I flew in to San Diego airport got there at 1:00 pm m y (personal lapband coordinator was there to meet me my surgery was done the very next day at 9:00 am I stayed at the hospital for observation that night and was driven to the airport the very next after 2 weeks I had lost 14 pounds I keep in touch with them they are so profesional and have never regreted my decision once not even for one second.

I hope that this will help decide what is best for you. I know it's a hard decision to make when it comes to our own lives.

GO LAP-BAND

I was wondering if any one has went to a doctor in Mexico for their surgery? Can you let me know how everything went? I have read up alot on Dr Rumbaut, and he sounds like he has done many surgerys and is a very good doctor. I am self pay per my insurance will not cover my surgery, but the surgeon here charges 16500.00 and thats a big loan for us to take out now, so I am tring to collect as much infomation as I can to see whats the safest and cheapest.

I just got my band on Sat, June 16, with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana, Mex. The name of the Hospital is Hospital Angeles. I paid $8,000USD and it includes everything. The hotel stay for you and your guest, transportation from San Diego, CA airport. I took my friend a weekend before. I loved it so much , it was just Wonderful!!! I can give you more details if you’d like.

I went to dr. verboonen in TJ--great surgeons but not so good with follow up care. The front desk called to see how I was doing, well I told them about somethings I was experiencing, no dr called back offering info as to what might be going on--nada. Make sure you have a dr lined up for your fills if you don't plan on going back to MX every time for a fill or if other things come up.

Good Luck with everything!

I had my surgery done with Dr. Francisco Gonzales in Tijuana Mex., excellent doctor and staff, I was picked up from San Diego airport by my personal patient coordinator they are there whenever you have a concern, very professional staff.

I do NOT regret going to Tijuana (since i had my doubts now i feel guilty) the surgery went very good, i have lost 80 lbs and I LOVE THE NEW ME!!!!! you can visit their website of give them a call.

GO LAP-BAND

I went to Dr.Lopez Corvala surgery went excellent I also was a self pay patient and it was 7500.00. But the only down fall is tryen to find a doctor in your immediate area that will do the fills behind one of the mexican doctors.I live in saint louis and I travel all the way to chicago to get my fills. That's the closest dr. that will do the fills behind a mexican dr.

Would you mind giving me the contact information on the doctor in Chicago who does your fills? I live in Wisconsin, and I am not sure where to go for them? Thanks!

I went to Dr De la Garza in Monterrey. $8000 or $8500 with air fare. He was great check him out at Lite´n Free The patient coordinator Stephanie is from Arkansas ( me too) and she was a big help. I was banded June 20,07 and drove there and back. I have lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks. It was a good experience other than the drive.. :confused: Nice to meet everyone.

I went to Tijuanna for my surgery. Most of the people I know did fine with the Dr. down there, but I had trouble. I am losing and my total surgery costs were $6800. But now I have a week's worth of US hospital bills, so I don't know. Was it a good choice?

Dr. Rumbaut is suppose to be a good one to go to. I know Dr. Zapata is like a guru, absolutely considered one of the best. Dr. Ortiz is highly regarded. It was cheaper for me to go to TJ so I picked Bajanor clinic and not including airfare it was $6,800 (I have a mid-band and love it) I was picked up by Dr. Carlos and he definetly did not expect a tip for the ride from and to the airport in San Diego. The first night I stayed in the Clinic/Hospital so no cost. The second night at beautiful Hotel Lucerna (or something like that) but the room was included in my total package. I had to tip the guy who took my bag to my room ($3 is good on average), then each time I ordered room service a tip was needed ($3 or so), my room had a coffee pot in it and 2 bottled waters complimentary which I used to make my own hot tea at night since I brought tea bags with me (soothing after surgery.) I'd also bought a couple of bottles of Water when I got to the airport in San Diego and put them in my bag so I had them on hand too. I think I spent about $30 on Soup, Jello, beverages at the hotel. I didn't feel up to going shopping or out to do anything. I just watched TV (about 7 channels of English), slept, read, and all round took it easy.

Did you have any trouble after? I just did my surgery at Bajanor too.

Can anyone fill me in on surgery in Mexico, mainly Betancourt Medical Hospital and Dr. Martin Lopez Dominguez in Tijuana?

I just got my band on Sat, June 16, with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana, Mex. The name of the Hospital is Hospital Angeles. I paid $8,000USD and it includes everything. The hotel stay for you and your guest, transportation from San Diego, CA airport. I took my friend a weekend before. I loved it so much , it was just Wonderful!!! I can give you more details if you’d like.

gutierrezea vbmenu_register("postmenu_497731", true);

I am scheduled to be banded by Dr. Corvala in Tijuana, Mex on 7/26. I am a little weird about leaving the states for this. I was referred to them by 2 friends that have had it done and they loved it. How is your recovery doing? Have you faced any problems?