Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tryning to get to Onderland

Hi guys,

I'm 3lbs away from 199. I've been trying to get there for about 3 weeks. I get to 200 then gain a few pounds back. I haven

Hi guys,

I'm 3lbs away from 199. I've been trying to get there for about 3 weeks. I get to 200 then gain a few pounds back. I haven

Hi guys,

I'm 3lbs away from 199. I've been trying to get there for about 3 weeks. I get to 200 then gain a few pounds back. I haven't changed my diet. Weighing and measuring everything. Changing up the exercise routine. Anybody have any suggestions.

Had a fill last month and only lost 3lbs. Go back on April 14th. Just disappointed and discourage. Could this be a stall?

Edited by CarmenLeAn

I have my eye on Onederland, too, though I'm not quite as close to you. I have seen 206 on the scale -- so exciting! I have decided I need to be at 198 before I will really believe it, so that's eight pounds away, which could be.....eeeek!.....a month and a half or so. I figure it doesn't matter, I'm getting there. Also I go up and down quite a bit. I saw that 206 but then, boom, it's 209, then 207, then 209. You get the idea. I think some of us retain more Water than others. I have a high inflammatory profile (arthritis, etc.) and I think that may account for it. But you know what, we're doing it -- we WILL see that under two hundred number. I say just keep doing what you're doing, pat yourself on the back, keep trying to get a little extra exercise in here and there, drink tons of Water -- all the great stuff you already to -- and you will so nail this Onederland number any day now. Good luck to you!

Edited by Bandista

I feel your pain! I just broke a five weeks stall myself! I stayed stuck at 202.2 for all that time. Finally I dropped to 199.2 lbs, but today I went up to 199.8 lbs which is making nervous and frustrated :( !! I guess this all part of the process. All we can do, is keep doing the right thing( eat clean, Water, exercise, rest) and wait for the darn scale to budge. Good luck

The same thing happened to me - it's going to happen! Hang in there!

I didn't lose any weight for weeks after surgery and I was soooo upset because I was basically eating nothing and everyone always talked about how fast the weight comes off at first. For me, the weight didn't start to come off until I started eating more calories! My body was just saving them all instead. I know it sounds silly, but maybe that's what is happening to you? Are you getting in at least 1,000 calories a day? When I eat about 1,200 calories a day, I lose weight the best. You can also try upping your workouts just a tad. Like if you usually exercise for 30 minutes, try for 45. Or if you exercise a certain number of days per week, try adding one more day of light exercise or weights, just for a boost. My doctor told me lifting weights is an important part of a workout regimen because your muscles work to take the place of fat even after you've finished the workout.

Try not to get discouraged!! This is a long journey and it will take time, but it will be worth it in the end. Keep your eyes on the prize :)

Me too! I've been at a stall for a week at 212. I'm adding more calories this week to see if that helps.

Good luck!!

I was at a stall and decided to do a week of almost solid Protein. I dropped 2 lbs immediately. Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in and I'll know more then exactly how much.

Whew!!!! I was thinking it was just e for a while , nice to know that it is not only me that goes through this I got down quite a bit but I have about 60-70lbs more to go and it is tough one day it says lower then the next week it will say between 35 lbs more I was hoping to be at goal by a yr, out but I will even take 2 yrs. out any more than that I will think that I a not being successful and I am really trying, sometimes I think ya I want a doughnut or something like that but I know my band says know to all doughy bread substance so I don't even try it or I want that DR. Pepper drinking habit back but I rather like being able to walk , not being sick and having to go to my PCP all the time and I like the way I feel now, so I guess something is working.

Edited by Debbie3sons

IMG 20130918 135516

IMG 20130918 135516

IMG 20131007 130415