Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok yall im freaking out!!. Ok i had my 1week post op appt withmy surgeon on wednesday the 26th. And today is friday. So ive was cleared to begin Beans scrambled eggs etc. on wednesday so i have been eating like 1/4 cup or a bite more of beans or egg. And ive been eating cheese for Protein not all at once ofcourse but through out the day. I have notbeen doing Protein Shakes since like tuesday. They makeme literallywant to puke. So my scale has not moved in 3 or 4 days!!!!!! I am going nuts.what am i doing wrong??? I feel like i am failing

I'm gonna give you a number.......and it is the only number you need to concern yourself with............

."6 months".

Day to day is just not going to be important. Keep to your regimen, weigh yourself if you want, exercise. (little at first, more later) and keep focused on at least 6 months out as a general goal. If you get frazzled and start doing the freaking out thing .........just calm down and zone in on 6 months. You may or may not be at your goal by then, but you will have lost a lot of weight and have a real perspective of what you need to do by then. What did you expect......to lose the majority of your weight in a week and then a pound a week after that. You'll get there. Trust me....it will all add up in the long term..

Edited by Recycled

Thankss!.. No i guess what i had expected was for the scale to keep moving down atleast slowly but it hasnt moved and i have ready aboutthe 3 week stall but im not even 2 weeks out yet so i guess thats why i was worried. Ive only lost like 11 lbs since surgery . Ive lost 24.7 since my 2 week liquid diet before surgery. i guess im just scared it wont move anymore lol thanks for responding.

Don't worry, chula, you just had major surgery, and your body is going to take a while to adjust to the changes. There's Water weight that's involved, along with several other factors. But, believe you me, if you're following the plan as instructed by your surgeon/nut you WILL lose weight for sure. Just give it some time. I would also advise you to weigh in less frequently before the scale drives you insane, like it did me! Use other ways to measure your success such as inches lost, how your clothes are fitting etc. The scale is truly evil!

Don't weigh every day. You will drive yourself crazy. I weigh no more than once a week, or once every other week to keep my sanity. That way, I see the scale go down a little every time and don't drive myself to drink over the small daily fluctuations.

Thanks clair ill try to stay away from the scale but its.sooo hard!!!!!

Thanks teachamy good idea!