Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 9th is my day! I am beyond excited!

I have been floating on air all day. The coordinator called last week to say my insurance approval was in and that she sent my packet to the surgeons office. The surgeons office called yesterday to make my appointment and I was able to get in this morning. They called this afternoon with my April 9th date!!! Woooooo hooooo!

Congrats!! I'm waiting to hear from my surgeon for my date! So exciting!

Good luck :) my date is April 4th i cant wait

I'm in the April 9th club too!

April 9th VSG for me too!! I'm so excited & a little nervous all in one!

Today I had my pre-surgery physical, labs, & EKG with my primary Dr.

For the first time in my adult life, I gladly stepped right up on the scale without taking my shoes off & not feeling crunchy about my weight! I simply did not care because I woke up today with this great sense of boldness! I told the nurse, whom knows I ALWAYS take off my shoes, that I am on my way to "FORMER FATTY LAND" and that this time next year she just might not recognize me! HA - and I meant every word of it!!! I realized I have never been so confident with going on a diet in my life. In my world it is a diet... It is ok if other people call it whatever! However, it will be a life changing diet for me! And a diet is a diet is a diet! :) I am meeting my surgeon on Thurs. for my pre op consult. Reality is setting in surprisingly well as I feel stronger & more brave with each passing day! Today I even bought a few new life tools; food scale, measuring cups, food processor, teeny tiny silver ware to take small bites, small food storage containers, my very last sized 2X nighty (it was on clearance), and lastly a KEURIG! Clearly I will no longer sit my morbidly obese butt in local coffee drive throughs ordering mocha caramel iced coffee w/ whip! Today I am quite all right with that reality! Ask me again in a few weeks, I'm aware my emotions & feelings will be all over the board in the early days... Anyway - thank you for being my outlet, aside f/ the medical staff, not a soul knows I am getting my VSG on April 9th... Good Luck everyone & please keep this thread active - I have become a "Bariatric Pal" creeper! The success stories are so motivating. Good night all, I have some weightloss creeping to do!

KMLG I have felt the same way with the scale lately. It was the most dreaded part of my Dr's visits.. the past couple I didn't care at all because I knew it would be one of the last times that I would ever hate it. I am so ready! It sounds like you are also. I have been on a fat clothes buying ban for the past couple of months. My closet is full of clothes from size 16-24. I have been looking at a few cute nightgowns, I think I might buy one for the hospital. I don't want to walk the halls in something old or one of those butt baring, paper thin hosptial gowns! :D I have been a creeper also. I've really enjoyed reading the success stories and looking at the pics. At the risk of sounding like a stalker... I saved a few on my phone to look at when/if I have that "omg what am I doing??!!??" moment on the moring of surgery. Good luck to you! Keep us posted!

All the April 9 people ready for tomorrow??? I'm excited and nervous and overwhelmed. And starving hungry! 5 days of the liquid diet is enough. I really feel for the people they have on liquids for 2 weeks.

By this time tomorrow, I should be getting settled into my room post op. And then the real work begins!

Best of luck to anyone taking the plunge tomorrow. :)

I'm ready! Good luck everyone!

Woo hoo I'm ready too - I should be asleep as I have to arrive at 5:30 for my 7:30 VSG!! We have got this - we should all try to check in - I'm taking my ipad to the Hosp. My Dr. Keeps everyone 2 days so I will be going home on Fri. I will update as soon as I can.

HAPPY V-Day everyone getting their VSG TODAY April 9th!

It's our day! I think that I've definitely hydrated like they've asked... I've been running to the bathroom all night long! lol. A little nap and then off to the hospital I go.