Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Can't keep the Multivitamin down.

I personally use children's chewables, but there are also liquid Multi Vitamins at GNC, that you can also try. I couldnt tolerate the Calcium wafers, so I found a liquid form at Walmart.< /p>

I'm sure it won't kill you if you can't take Vitamins for a couple of weeks! Take a deep breath in and breathe out and relax. Its not the end of the world. :)

Maybe just get some liquid vitamins and mix a spoonful in with a glass of Water.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Found a soft chew GNC Women's Ultra Mega Multivitamin and tried that this evening. Works just fine thank goodness. Now just need to find a way to power through the crushed up meds to prevent gall stones. Will be very happy to get the go ahead from the dr. to swallow pills again.

Get a liquid one. Easy solution.

I called my doc and asked for all of my prescriptions to be called in, in liquid form. Not sure if you have Walgreens, but they compounded all of my meds including the gallbladder med for me. Glad you found a multi Vitamin.< /p>

Trader Joe's high potency chewables are great, tasty and easy to chew. No nausea probs.

I have found it is easy to become Vitamin deficient with the sleeve. I was not good about taking my vits, and it caused some pretty ugly deficiency issues, especially B Vitamins. Please don't blow off your Vitamins like I did, even for a few weeks, because it is hard to get back to where you were. It's not like pre-sleeve. Find a good vit that you can keep down, that is the most important thing, even if it is not a bariatric brand. Glad to see you found a brand that is working for you.

Edited by NMJG

I couldn't stand my post-op Vitamins They were chewable but I gagged on them. Since I am a cheapo at heart, to keep from wasting them, I crushed them and added them to apple sauce .It made them much more palatable, that's for sure! This would be completely appropriate at your postop stage . I did that for about 2 months. I now use gummy vitamins from Walgreens and have not experienced any deficiencies in my 6 months, and my labs were great. Make sure you take something though.

I used Wellesse liquid Multivitamin, Iron, and Calcium for the first four weeks after surgery. I took a double dose of both. I had no problems with any of them. You can buy them from Amazon, drugstore.com, and I think places like the Vitamin Shoppe and possibly Target. They also make things like liquid Vitamin B compound, etc.

My program didnt have us add in our multi until we started on soft solids. Taking them with food will help keep the tummy discomfort to a minimum.

I have a liquid Vitamin which I am having no problem taking. However, I am having terrible itching and am thinking its from the Vitamins. Is this possible or is the itching from something else? I'm so confused!