Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Two Week Pre-OP Diet Today

I can't stick to this diet very well and I can't quit smoking anyone totally mess up like me or should I try to post pone my surgery I'm scheduled in, 8 days ugh

I can't stick to this diet very well and I can't quit smoking anyone totally mess up like me or should I try to post pone my surgery I'm scheduled in, 8 days ugh

I was scheduled for surgery on April 2, but when i went in for my 2 week pre op appt I had to reschedule because instead of losing 10 lbs, I had gained one. I would just check with the doc before rescheduling to see if it is necessary.

I started the pre-op diet yesterday, but I am on it for FOUR WEEKS! My surgery date is 4/23.

I felt weird most of the day yesterday and dealt with some major "head hunger." I know it wasn't "real" hunger because I am able to eat raw veggies and made sure that I ate plenty of those. I am also very cold--had to put on the sweater I keep at the office AND run my little portable heater. I was also extremely tired-- I took a nap for an hour when I got home from work before making dinner for the family. I NEVER take a nap! Also, making dinner for the family was not too bad. What was weird was not being able to taste what I was cooking to make sure I was seasoning everything properly. I had to enlist my son to help me with that and to be my official "taste tester." :)

I'm confident that the tiredness and general "weird" feeling will go away after a few days, just like it did when I did Atkins years ago. It was as if a fog suddenly lifted about 3 days in. But the next two days are going to be a drag until the fog lifts!

I'm now on day four and going strong- I've actually already lost 3 pounds! I'm sure part of that is Water weight, which seems weird because I'm drinking so much fluids. I'm just not going to question it too much :P

I seem get very hungry before Breakfast because I don't eat until I get to work and after work during my commute. STARVING. Not head hunger either. I think it has been getting a bit easier day by day though.

I am on day 5 of my 2 week liquid diet. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. My advice is to try and stay busy. Keep your mind busy also. The worst part for me is the diarhea. I didn't know that was part of the all liquid diet. It sucks!

<p>Anyone else?! Today makes it sooo much more real for me! Feeling excited and scared about messing up.</p>

I start April 1 how r u doing in ur pre op diet?

I start pre=op March 31st...I too am a bit scared of failure. Lets face it when you struggle with weight failure is definately a contributing factor. I am determined to GO BIG or Go Home. I am paying for this surgery out of pocket and I hope that is enough incentive to keep me focused!!!

I'm on day 3 of pre op diet. I have 4 Protein Shakes, 1 Protein Bar and 1 Protein based Soup. I'm allowed 1 sugar free Popsicle and 1 sugar free Jello which I have not had. Surprisingly even though I feel empty and my tummy growls- I'm not starved. I have lost 7 pounds. the weekend is coming up so that may be hard but just need to stay busy. Water with crystal light helps!!

Thx. I'm doing 2 Protein Shakes, 8 chewable vitamins, coq10 , 6-8 teaspoons of benefiber. Allowed 4oZ Protein and half cup of veggies. 2- 1c servings of broth ( can't stomach it). 2 sugar free jellos abs

<p><span style="color:rgb(75,0,130);">I start pre=op March 31st...I too am a bit scared of failure. Lets face it when you struggle with weight failure is definately a contributing factor. I am determined to GO BIG or Go Home. I am paying for this surgery out of pocket and I hope that is enough incentive to keep me focused!!!</span></p>

I was worried about failure on this liquid diet but today is day 4 and feeling like I can do this. Is it hard at times yes ma'am and darn right ruff on days 2 and 3 but today was like a breadth of fresh air I just pray the feeling I have now stays til 4/14. Focus on all u stand to gain it helps in the times when u feel like what the Sam hell am I about to do lol. Good luck u got this.

I started mine on Sunday, so I'm toward the end of day 5 (of 10). The first few days were fine, I was hungry but not miserable. This afternoon, ugh. I've hit a wall. I'm SO lucky that I get a real meal in the evening of lean Protein and veg, but it's still hard. Grocery shopping for the family is tough too. It's funny though, I don't really want to eat anything because I know how important it is to follow directions, I just feel crappy.