Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 23 sleever!

Hi everyone! At long last, and after nearly 8 months of jumping through the required hoops and doing medically supervised weight loss I finally got my surgery date-- April 23! I will be having the sleeve and a lap chole (gall bladder removal) at the same time. Depending on what my surgeon says the day of surgery I might also be having my umbilical hernia repaired.

My surgery is also scheduled for 4/23! Do you have to do the pre op diet?

I am scheduled for the 23rd as well!! Getting really excited!! I have my appointment for pre op and with my surgeon to weigh in this Friday. I had to lose ten to fifteen lbs and I am down twenty! I have my pre op instructions already... I have to be on a liquid diet for three days prior.. No Easter for me! I am making sure I am working that day!

Hi KeedyGettingWaisted and Nicey2u! Yes, I am doing a month long pre-op diet consisting of 4 Protein shakes per day plus raw vegetables. It was rough the first two days but I am used to it now. It didn't even bother me this weekend when we had my son's birthday party and there was Lou Malnati's pizza (famous Chicago style deep dish pizza) in the house, not to mention Oreo ice cream cake! I thought it would drive me nuts, but it really didn't bother me at all. I call that an early NSV! :)

That's great! I have been on a "kind of" pre op diet and I had a really hard test when a co worker brought in Bagels and cream cheese and plopped them right on my desk!! Ugh! My favorite too!! I sat there and looked at them and smelled them all day but didn't touch them! I was so proud of myself! Haha my surgeon gave me a couple of tips but nothing concrete.. I guess he wanted to see if I could do it in my own but he gave me four rules to follow... Eat Breakfast within an hour of getting up... So I boiled eggs and have one every morning... No drinking 30 min before eating and no drinking an hour after eating.... This works great I feel so much fuller longer... For lunch eat a frozen dinner that had only Protein and veggies no Pasta or rice or patato. And no calorie drinks.. No juice no soda no milk only zero calorie Water. I have lost 20 lbs since 2/7 and have had a few cheating moments on weekends but nothing real bad.

Edited by Nicey2u

Oh wow a month! So I won't complain about my two weeks, but I know I won't like it a three day one sounds a helluva lot better too lol

Have you ladies "kicked" caffeine and carbonated beverages yet? I had to give up carbonated beverages several months ago as part of my medically supervised weight loss. Not a big deal--I replaced diet soda with Water with a squirt of Mio.

Caffeine is proving a much more difficult hurdle! Previously, I had been drinking probably 32 oz. of coffee with flavored CoffeeMate each morning before work and then having probably 16 additional ounces with sugar free CoffeeMate at my office during the day. I am down to one 8-10 oz. mug of black coffee with Splenda each day, but I need to get completely off of it before surgery. My surgeon's office said that caffeine dehydrates you and is also a gastric irritant, which is why they demanded that I quit before surgery.

I have been tempted to cheat many times, but I have not done it. I know the goal here is to shrink my liver and the abdominal fat to make surgery easier.

I haven't kicked either one yet but I plan on going cold turkey on Monday and then my pre op starts on Wednesday. Getting a little nervous...

My surgery is April 25th. My surgeon only requires one day of liquid diet before surgery, just to make sure there is nothing heavy in the stomach (nothing after midnight of course; stomach should be empty). I feel lucky.

I have given up caffeine and soda, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected. Quitting smoking has been FAR more difficult. I'm still smoking one cigarette a day, I can't seem to give it up completely. :(

I feel pretty ready now, although I have to say that each day that passes I'm more nervous than the day before. I'm certain this is the right decision for me for the right reasons, with the right surgeon and the right hospital, but change is always difficult and scary for me and I'm well aware that this will be a huge (but mostly positive) change.

Good luck to us all.... speedy healing and great success!

10 more days and counting!!! I dropped 25 lbs on pre op diet and have been stuck for a week and that is where I always fail!! I know I'm making the right decision because I got frustrated like I always do on diets and had pizza last night!! Haha if I was already sleeved I would have only been able to eat a tiny bit and would have been satisfied without sabotaging my entire diet! I have one guy at work who is so negative! He says to me... You already lost 25 lbs just keep going... Don't do it... I tried explain but he just kept shaking his head. I wanted to stab him in the eye with a fork!! Hahahah

How are you guys doing!?? Getting closer!! Started my liquid diet and ugh!! The Protein ice drink that I bought is disgusting... Trying Isopure now and it isn't quite as bad.. Leaves a chalky taste in my mouth but better that the other one!

Any updates from our April 23rd sleevers? How are y'all doing? Thoughts and prayers with you!

I was sleeved on the 23rd. The most pain I experienced was the first two hrs afterwards then it gradually got better. No gas pains, a lot of soreness. Biggest problem I'm having is getting in my liquids, it's so hard. I'm scared of dehydration but I can only drink about an ounce before I feel full and I'm afraid if I keep going I'll vomit...looking forward to tomorrow to be better. Also no hunger at all, head or real.

My first few days were like that; I could only drink an oz or so of liquid; that gets better as the swelling goes down.

Any nausea??

I was nauseous only when I tried chicken broth so I haven't had anymore of that. I'm so glad to know it's normal cause I don't wanna end up back in the hospital.