Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love really spicy food. Now it bothers me. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and I've tried some Indian food that was one of my favorites (just the gravy) and it just didn't sit right. Were any of you not ever able to return to spicy food?

I wasn't a spicy food eater prior to surgery, but now it's even worse. It does a number on my stomach! PAIN!

4 weeks post op is way way to soon to be doing that to your damaged stomach incision .. i think you will be fine but it takes a lot longer than a month. try 3-6 months. I eat spicy food now just fine.

chris

I know, it was a moment of weakness. My wife had some chicken Tikka Masala and I took a sip of the gravy. It was as delicious as always, just burned when it hit my gut. That made me worry that I might never be able to enjoy spicy stuff again.

I never liked spicy food prior to surgery. After surgery I craved it I wanted everything spicy with lemon and I never liked lemon either. I asked my doctor if it was ok my 2 week check up. He said yes it was fine to eat spicy food. I still find out weird that I love spicy food.

I went to a retirement party for a coworker this weekend and the lobster bisque was spicy took 3 sips and ran to the restroom and threw up! I cannot eat anything spicy at 3 months out.

At 1 week I was allowed puréed food. First thing I did was put chili in the blender. It was awesome. I made sure it wasn't too spicy but I sure did appreciate having something with a lot of flavor.

I really didn't like spicy food either, but I craved salsa for two weeks! My stomach handled it just fine. My bowels- not so much! :)

I love love love spicy..and don't have a problem with it except jalepenos. My heart is broken. Haven't had one in a while and just waiting to try one again. I can do pico and hot salsa...don't give up...maybe it will get better.

I'm with you too @@Tubbynomo :( ...I loved spicy foods preop and now even something mildly spicy makes my sleeve burn and uncomfortable and I am not far from 2 months post op. I miss it and am very disappointed in not being able to have it. The misery just isn't worth it to me now. </3

Hang in there crysclev, It has gotten better for me. I think it may be a matter of reconditioning your stomach. I kept going back and now I can tolerate it better. Now the only void is that I can't eat as much as I want to.

5 months sleeved and we have been eating spicy 3 months with no problem. I make mini muffin meatloaves (ground beef mixed with lots of spicy salsa), we use hot sauce, chili, mexican refried Beans with salsa, Wholly Guacomole. Keep trying small bites when you can.

The only problem I have with spicy foods is I'm unable to drink Water with it. I luv Mexican and a medium spicy is preferred. Now I suck on an ice cube if I need to.

But no stomach pain with it. And I'm 9 mths post op

Spicy food I crave. If I eat a small amount, no problem. If I eat to much , It is the back end that has a problem