Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

So I am over the moon. I just weighed my self and I am 13lbs since surgery and I am only 9 days out. I am so happy that all this discomfort from reflux is not for nothing.

I'm really surprised at the different eating regimens. After 3 days of clear liquid, my Dr has 5 weeks full liquid, meaning nothing heavier than runny oatmeal 3 times a day and at least 2oz. Bottom line, if you can pick it up with a fork then it's too thick. Boring, YES, but 1 protecting that line of staples giving it the time needed to heal, 2 it's all the food that I can handle, 3 it's setting up some habits that I will need to follow to be successful, longterm. I've had some days that this along with all the liquid and Protein are hard to get in.

Even after I start eating, according to my dietician, I will use an appetizer plate and make half my plate protein, a third veggies and only the rest carb rich choices. That will be the hugest change for me, but I will throw out the bulky carbs!!! I'm a little extreme, maybe, I've got my new plates as well as appetizer utensils to keep my bites down.

On my scales, I have them held captive in my bathroom cabinet. They only come out twice a week. I can't worry myself with a stall day to day, as I've dieted in the past, even my Water intake and output can make a big swing up and down in a twenty four hour time frame. Don't put yourself under undue stress.

I'm so ready for my old life as a buffet to turn into my new life as a tasting party!!!,

I'm 3 wks out and is it jus me or does Protein Drinks run straight through? I can drink a Protein Shake and run to the bathroom about 10-20 mins later

I'm five weeks out now and Protein Shakes of all types still run right through. No problem when I had them in Pre-surgery diet, but now ... it's just a question of some reacting not as quickly as some of the others. NUT says it will get better . I stepped away from whey and tried other Proteins to no avail. But it is better than it was...

I'm 3 wks out and is it jus me or does Protein drinks run straight through? I can drink a Protein Shake and run to the bathroom about 10-20 mins later

I'm five weeks out now and Protein Shakes of all types still run right through. No problem when I had them in Pre-surgery diet, but now ... it's just a question of some reacting not as quickly as some of the others. NUT says it will get better . I stepped away from whey and tried other Proteins to no avail. But it is better than it was...

Me too! I'm 2 weeks out on Tuesday. My Nut says only 1 protein shake a day 4oz am and the rest pm, and add 8oz of Soy Milk everyday. Idk I have a really hard time drinking ANY milk. But, since only having the 1 shake a day I am in the potty less.

So I am over the moon. I just weighed my self and I am 13lbs since surgery and I am only 9 days out. I am so happy that all this discomfort from reflux is not for nothing.

Woohoo congratulations

Woohoo congratulations

Thank you. I am so happy just reminds why I did this.

OK March sisters, I hope all gets better soon. I was having burning stomach earlier this week. At my 3 week follow up, Dr gave me multiple options. I'm going with (and so far it's working) high dose Pepcid twice a day and a sip of Mylanta for quick relief. Just a small sip coats my gullet and does the job. Doc says this is very common and usually gets better in month 3. He also said I could take Zantac with the Pepcid, but my past experience with Zantac keeps me from trying this. There are other options for this and if you have the burn, you should address it with your Dr. I try to keep a Water and another drink going at all times. Still need to get more Fluid, but doubling up has helped me.

I get the burning sometimes too. I am on an acid reducer too :/. Guess it could be worse...

I'm really surprised at the different eating regimens. After 3 days of clear liquid, my Dr has 5 weeks full liquid, meaning nothing heavier than runny oatmeal 3 times a day and at least 2oz. Bottom line, if you can pick it up with a fork then it's too thick. Boring, YES, but 1 protecting that line of staples giving it the time needed to heal, 2 it's all the food that I can handle, 3 it's setting up some habits that I will need to follow to be successful, longterm. I've had some days that this along with all the liquid and Protein are hard to get in. Even after I start eating, according to my dietician, I will use an appetizer plate and make half my plate protein, a third veggies and only the rest carb rich choices. That will be the hugest change for me, but I will throw out the bulky carbs!!! I'm a little extreme, maybe, I've got my new plates as well as appetizer utensils to keep my bites down. On my scales, I have them held captive in my bathroom cabinet. They only come out twice a week. I can't worry myself with a stall day to day, as I've dieted in the past, even my Water intake and output can make a big swing up and down in a twenty four hour time frame. Don't put yourself under undue stress. I'm so ready for my old life as a buffet to turn into my new life as a tasting party!!!,

Oi, 5 weeks of full liquids? You are much stronger than me! I could barely stand 2. But it's understandable why your surgeon does it.

So I had my first stall yesterday at 7 days post very upsetting but hoping cuz I got my monthly thats y I stalled . N this morning I had my first vomiting experience since the hospital not sure y was just trying to get my liquid vitamins in n bam something hit me. Yuck. Lil depressed want to get out of 298 n closer to 250 ill feel more comfortable away from 300s . I kno im a lil over a wk from when I had surgery but still.

Interesting... my doc doesnt want me to start Vitamin until 4 weeks. I feel like I really need them. I am tired. (kinda lazy feeling) I am tired just drying my hair... I dont think I am getting in enough Protein. close, but not really there. Jerseygril, are you taking chewalbe or liquid Vitamins ???? Maybe try another brand for now. If you doc wants you to start taking them, maybe another kind just for now ??? FEEL Better!!! :)

:unsure:

i am 27 days post op. have lost 16 pounds and now stalled. this is very disappointing!! I see there are a few others dealing with this as well. i would love any hints you vets. may have. thanks in advance!

i am 27 days post op. have lost 16 pounds and now stalled. this is very disappointing!! I see there are a few others dealing with this as well. i would love any hints you vets. may have. thanks in advance!

I upped my Protein closer to 80 & started really logging my liquids to be sure I got my 64oz, I'm not sure if this is the reason but my scaled moved ;)

My scales are going out of my reach, I am becoming scale addicted. After a five year stall, yo yo dieting etc with no scale movement, I cant believe I let myself look every day. If my weight doesn't move for one day pffft. Weekly weighs for this chickedee. I am sure that the ladies that loose all that weight in a year don't do it at a steady methodical weekly amount.

On my scales, I have them held captive in my bathroom cabinet. They only come out twice a week. I can't worry myself with a stall day to day, as I've dieted in the past, even my Water intake and output can make a big swing up and down in a twenty four hour time frame. Don't put yourself under undue stress. I'm so ready for my old life as a buffet to turn into my new life as a tasting party!!!,

Susan, you are so right. Doctors, trainers, etc say weigh yourself no more than twice a week. I, too, have had many experiences where weight fluctuates day-to-day. It will drive you crazy if you let it!

I have really low energy and always tired. Any suggestions? 5 wks post op