Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

Jerseygrl......

Questions

1. Can u sleep On your side after gastric SLEEVE I finally can. I am a side sleeper, I tried in the hospital but it was a no go. but at home... yeahhhh. getting up took some practice, I had to use all my arm strength to push myself up.

2. Y does it hurt when sipping liquids I dont have pain when I sip, but if I take too much or too cold, it do get some pain and feel like I need to stretch my upper body, to help it all go down. :)

3. Is my stomach supposed 2 make werid noises.? My stomach and other things were grumbling very loud. I think it was hunger and gas...

4. How long till all this gas leaves u? I heard some take Gas-X. You got to walk around A LOT. keep moving that helped me. but I still think I got some air in there, my surgery was 3/20

5 .burping hurts y? ​Yes, burping, sneezing (OMG), coughing (don't want too)

Sounds like normal stuff to me.. well, sounds like me!

I got a call from my doctors office .. Was told I have H poly something .. I had already taken all those antibiotics already and now I have to take them again. I just got my pills and OMG!!! It's 4 pills in the am and 4 pills in the evening. I'm already taking all these Vitamins and Pepcid .. Im going out of my mind. How is it possible to get this infection again!?! I'm 11 days post op. Anyone going through this?

I had my surgery 3/26! My 1st Protein Drink did not set well & I'm nervous to try another. Fortunately I did not vomit, but was extremely uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

I had my surgery 3/26! My 1st Protein Drink did not set well & I'm nervous to try another. Fortunately I did not vomit, but was extremely uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

which Protein drink did you have? Was it one the hospital offered? Was it the taste?

I'm using Jay Robb Protein Powder. It uses stevia instead of splenda. Splenda leaves a nasty taste and icky feeling in my mouth. Not counting the other issues I have with it.

I mix 50/50 of Water and juice allowed with the protein powder. The apple/vanilla tastes yummy. You could mix a 25/75 of water and Jello with vanilla for a different flavor. I posted before that I mix plain protein powder with chicken broth. YECK. There are many different options available.

I don't have nightmares but I am dreaming a lot more. I wake up like 10 times a night now. Sucks.

Hey All, I was sleeved 3/12/14. I have to admit I have my regrets at times. I am just hoping it continues to get better. I suffered from head hunger like crazy in the beginning then I soon learned food does not taste the same at all! I am struggling to eat everyday and getting my Protein in. If I never had another Protein Shake I would not be upset.

•I struggle with Constipation since surgery.

•I sleep fine. Pillows help!

•Water is hard for me to drink just because my pouch is not a fan even with flavor enhancers. I can drink Gatorade just fine though.

•I am on purée foods and start soft foods tomorrow which I think I have already mixed the two together.

Hey All, I was sleeved 3/12/14. I have to admit I have my regrets at times. I am just hoping it continues to get better. I suffered from head hunger like crazy in the beginning then I soon learned food does not taste the same at all! I am struggling to eat everyday and getting my Protein in. If I never had another Protein Shake I would not be upset. •I struggle with Constipation since surgery. •I sleep fine. Pillows help! •Water is hard for me to drink just because my pouch is not a fan even with flavor enhancers. I can drink Gatorade just fine though. •I am on purée foods and start soft foods tomorrow which I think I have already mixed the two together.

Wow we are very similar! Except no regrets here. My head hunger is terrible but then I remember that my stomach barely likes Water and food is a whole 'nother story. Even though I'd love to eat the old foods, I know it would make me feel terrible. Plus, I left those foods at the door when I went in for surgery, so to speak. I start soft foods Thursday. I already have so many recipes saved and I can't wait to actually have a tiny meal to eat lol.

I am so sorry to hear your struggles. I am only 6 days post op and still regret it as well. I was hoping by the time I get to eat solid foods again I would be ok. I kept reading "you won't even have an appetite" but that doesn't seem to be the case. I feel real hunger. And being a big foodie, I crave food so it's really difficult to just drink Water and Protein Drinks. Stay strong

I hear ya with the appetite...my surgeon swore I would not want to eat, but I am straight up hungry every three hours and I'm not craving soup!

I am 3 weeks post op. I am only down 16 pounds. I have been same weight last four days. Still on puréed foods til the 30th. Should I be stuck at same weight already :( discouraged

I am in the same boat--going into week 3 post-op the same weight that I ended week 1. People on here have assured me that they've experienced similar stalls so all we can do is keep on track and wait...it will happen!

Wow we are very similar! Except no regrets here. My head hunger is terrible but then I remember that my stomach barely likes Water and food is a whole 'nother story. Even though I'd love to eat the old foods, I know it would make me feel terrible. Plus, I left those foods at the door when I went in for surgery, so to speak. I start soft foods Thursday. I already have so many recipes saved and I can't wait to actually have a tiny meal to eat lol.

I am actually going to have my first real meal tonight! Salmon and Broccoli. I am quite curious to see how it sits with my pouch!

Does anyone have crazy nightmares since the operation or is it just me ?!

Did I ever! I was sleeved on March 3 , home on the 5th and by the 6th the combination of insomnia and pain meds had we wondering whether or not I was awake and what was real!

Pulling back on pain meds and getting regular sleep helped a great deal. No more problems since that time.

On the other hand, even though I had no problems with Protein Shakes on my pre-diet , since the surgery every Protein Shake, nectar etc goes right through me.last few days struggling with weakness. Yogurt, string cheese by the string and seriously chewed small portions of chicken breast aren't doings. Seeing my NUT Wednesday -- counting on solutions. Down 25 since surgery , but need to get energy back!

I had surgery 3/10. It was a wonderful hospital experience. I'm not yet pain free but it's tolerable. I feel like I'm full of air often (not using a straw) and I'm not really 100% confident in what I think the sensations are for hunger and fullness.

Hi i am new here. Had my surgery on 3/20. I'm having emotional issues (regret) and I am unable to get all my Protein in .. I have a pain in my collarbone when I swallow. I called the doc and was told it normal. I just want to know, "does it get better?!?"

. Did you have a hiatal hernia repair same time as your sleeve? In did and know the pain you are referring to. I was told it would go away after about 6 weeks.

<p>I had my surgery 3/26! My 1st Protein Drink did not set well & I'm nervous to try another. Fortunately I did not vomit, but was extremely uncomfortable. Any suggestions?</p>

Try thinning it down. I use 10oz skim with 1 scoop Protein. I liked strawberry before surgery, now I don't. I use vanilla so I can add other flavors. It takes me 2 hrs sometimes more to get It down.

Hi All,

I had my lap band out and the sleeve done on March 27. I came home 24 hours after. I have struggled in recuperating. I have been really tired and lethargic. I am having issues with getting in more that 45 grams of Protein. I am drinking 50 to 60 ounces of fluids including G2, Water, and unsweetened tea. The biggest issue I am having with my incisions is the one on the right side. It pulls really bad when I stand up. The second issue is Constipation. I haven't been able to go since the day before surgery. So for the count that is 5 days now, if things don't change soon, I will call the doctor tomorrow to ask for his suggestions. On a positive note I have lost 23 pounds so far since beginning the two week prep diet.

So, far so good :)