Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

Ok so I've got to put this out there to find out if any one else is having issues with bowel movements... I apologize in advance. No matter what I put in my mouth right down to water.. Shortly after I have to have a bowel movement and it's not a normal one. My belly gurgles like I'm going to explode but then minimal comes at a time and almost snotty in consistency. It's preventing me from going for walks like I should. When I went to Walmart with my daughter yesterday I had to go there twice!!! I'm so discouraged and beside myself I can hardly stand it!

I am having the same problem. I read it takes time for the intestines to adjust, especially to fats. That's why it comes out yellow. It's inconvenient let me tell you. It wakes me up at night. I read taking Imodium before bed may help I'm going to try that. I ate puréed tuna yesterday with light mayo and spent all night and all day in the bathroom. It's getting old quick. I am 15 days post op.

I'm not even on puréed food yet... Ugh!!! I'm so depressed!

Had a bad set back, had allergic reaction, now have pancreatitis, urinary track infection and dehydration. I'm in hospital again and probably be here for a few days. I'll keep you all updated

Oh no momma , I hope you feel better ASAP! My oldest daughter has chronic pancreatitis and it can be debilitating.. I will pray for a quick recovery!!!!

I'm on puréed diet now and taking in less calories than on the liquid diet. I seem to tolerate Lactaid cottage cheese and scrambled eggs only... At my two week post op I had lost a total of 31# and I feel a difference when I walk around now, cannot imagine how I will feel with a bulk of weight off me. I wish I was over the dizzy spells so I could drive. I knew this was going to be hard but had no idea the depth it would be. I hope this gets better soon :/

Thanks everyone, I'm doing better and back home. Got the pain under control and had to go back to Clear Liquids and work my way back to soft food. Drinking and eating ar going better now. Thank goodness. I still have some residual pain but each day gets a little better. Just have to learn to take things extra slow. Good news I'm finally under

I'm finally under 300 lbs! Woo hoo,

Congratulations! Glad to hear your doing better.

hello everyone, well just getting things updated since being home from hospital again. So I was being stupid and thought I could have something just because it said sugar free/fat free but had dairy in it. I had another attack with my pancreas but I am also feeling like I experiencing late dumping syndrome. However, these attacks should be coming about 2-3 hours after (according to WebMD). My attacks are coming at least almost 7 hours afterwards. I am not sure what to make of it. Anyone else have experiences with late dumping syndrome? What are the symptoms?

Ok what is everyone eating at this point? Any problems with food?

Ok what is everyone eating at this point? Any problems with food?

I am having a tough time! I've tried moist chicken breast and juicy turkey tenderloin. Both made me hurt and I would have thick mucus come up for a good hour or better afterward. I have found shrimp to be helpful. It doesn't hurt me and I keep it down. 3oz = 100 calories and 19 grams Protein. I put it on top of iceberg lettuce, chopped grape Tomato, chopped cucumber, 2 oz fat free feta, and vinegarette. This is the ONLY working meal for me. I rely on my EAS Carb Control Protein Shakes to help get calories in. I'm not quite up to. 400 calories yet and my surgery was May 20th. Oh, mashed avocado, scrambled egg, and Lactaid Cottage cheese are in my diet too that settle well with me. How about you?