Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Protein Drink ?

I am on my pre-op diet and having a hard time drinking the Protein Drinks. I currently am drinking the Premier Protein ones from costco, the chocolate flavor. I don't really care for the thickness of it as I have never been a fan of any kind of shakes. Do you think it would hurt if I poured it over ice and drank it that way?

That would be great if you like it that way.

Try whatever works. I usually have to dilute any type Protein drink. Extra liquid is always good

I blend mine with ice all the time and add flavored food extracts (coconut, raspberry,etc and PB2 powder sometime to change up the flavor

I like the EAS Carb Control ready to drink . They are 100 calories and least 17 grams of Protein. They are also a thinner consistentcy in my opinion. I buy them at Target or Rite Aid. I like the taste and they are convenient.

Im on day four of my pre-op diet and feel as if im going insane.....cant watch tv cause all there is is food commercials and making my son meals is torture. ...any ideas that might help

I'm on day two. Do you have Trader Joe's by you? Their Protein is so good.

Also one of my friends recommended Vega shakes, they have them at Whole Foods and natural food stores. They only have plant Protein. The flavor is very different from anything else. So if you are bored, I would try that!

I have also made broth on the stove and added spices and garlic, it's not bad!

I live in a really small town....guess I might have to go for a lil drive this weekend :) thanks for the tips...I also forgot about the broth that sounds wonderful! I have never wanted time to fast forward so bad.....

Have been drinking Protein Shakes for a long time and my favorite is SIx Star - Isopure chocolate favor from Walmart. Its powder form you just mix it with Water (or milk i guess but to me its empty calories). one scoop is only 130 calories and 30 grams of Protein. I mix it with 8oz but if you want it even thinner you can add more water.

I am on my pre-op diet and having a hard time drinking the Protein drinks. I currently am drinking the Premier Protein ones from costco, the chocolate flavor. I don't really care for the thickness of it as I have never been a fan of any kind of shakes. Do you think it would hurt if I poured it over ice and drank it that way?

You totally can!! Or blend it with ice! :)

Hang in there! This is one of the hardest parts!! Push through days 3-4 and you'll be OK! :)

I use the Atkins shakes. They have 15gr of Protein. I get them at sams club for 12 for 15 dollars. I also like the package. The top can be taken off and on. I work as an RN and sometimes I don't get breaks. I can drink this in between running around the unit.