Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So yesterday I was three weeks post op sleeve surgery. This past week have had more nausea spells than first week. Not sure if it's from milk or changing to thicker Soups. Find myself not even wanting to eat or drink when nauseated. Went all day yesterday without eating and drinking, but realized I should not do that. After getting some of a Protein Drink down, I began to feel better. Getting up and moving around some, but not as much as I should be. Go back to dr. tomorrow for post op appointment. Supposed to return to work next week.

Sorry you're feeling sick! I'm only a week post-op but I've been reading that milk does sometimes make bariatric patients nauseous. Are you drinking your fluids though?

I've read that dehydration causes nausea. Good luck. This is hard (as I crawl back into bed for the second time today).

I get my fluids most every day, just had a day or two where I really felt nauseated and didn't get enough those days. Feel better today.

Glad you feel better. Maybe it was a bug.

I am only 10 days post op and doing puree's. Do you have any energy by three weeks in? My daughter and I will go to the store and 5 minutes in there I feel like I am exhausted. I am so used to go go oh and not barely have energy to start to go. I am hoping this passes

I am only 10 days post op and doing puree's. Do you have any energy by three weeks in? My daughter and I will go to the store and 5 minutes in there I feel like I am exhausted. I am so used to go go oh and not barely have energy to start to go. I am hoping this passes

I'm right there with you with the fatigue. OMG - I'm as weak as a kitten. UGH. I'm 6 days out. I was hoping it would get better with pureed's. I'm just doing pureed liquids now. I can move to things like refried Beans, cottage cheese in a week. I was hoping that would help.

I am three weeks post op today. I have been on soft/purée foods for almost a week. I am back to work full time since Monday. My energy level is still low but getting better. My biggest problem is that I think I am also missing part of my brain. I feel like I struggle to focus like I used to and also feel very forgetful like I am in a fog. Anyone else feel that way?

Wow, I was 3 weeks post op this past Monday, and I am feeling pretty lucky after reading these. I have been very lucky to have no nausea, no fatigue, and no soreness since the 5th or 6th day. I kind of was bad and skipped right over the pureed food stage, and went right to soft. I just couldn't stand the thought of pureed. But please don't change what you are doing because of me. I was just so careful to chew it until it was pureed. I am still on soft foods, and it is so much better. I did learn a valuable lesson yesterday though.....I had errands to run on my lunch hour, and ate my lunch way too fast. Let me tell you, it was awful. Instant nausea, sweating, and felt awful for about 15 mins. So I learned the hard way......eat VERY slowly. :) I wish you the best - hope you continue to feel better and better! Maybe you had a stomach bug? There is a nasty one going around where I live, and I live in mortal fear of getting it! Take care of yourself, and feel better soon!

<p>Wow, I was 3 weeks post op this past Monday, and I am feeling pretty lucky after reading these. I have been very lucky to have no nausea, no fatigue, and no soreness since the 5th or 6th day. I kind of was bad and skipped right over the pureed food stage, and went right to soft. I just couldn't stand the thought of pureed. But please don't change what you are doing because of me. I was just so careful to chew it until it was pureed. I am still on soft foods, and it is so much better. I did learn a valuable lesson yesterday though.....I had errands to run on my lunch hour, and ate my lunch way too fast. Let me tell you, it was awful. Instant nausea, sweating, and felt awful for about 15 mins. So I learned the hard way......eat VERY slowly. :) I wish you the best - hope you continue to feel better and better! Maybe you had a stomach bug? There is a nasty one going around where I live, and I live in mortal fear of getting it! Take care of yourself, and feel better soon!</p>

Aunt GG

I tried 1 scrambled egg this morning and mushed it up and chewed but I think I ate too fast and got a little sick.

Sometimes when I take a drink I feel a pain so I think it is the gulp is too big. When I sip it isn't bad. It is so hard not to just drink a lot.

Aunt GG - I could of written your post. Today I am 2 weeks out. I have had no issues either. After 1 week my doctor sent me straight to soft foods. He even went as far as telling me "no puréed foods". Having said this, I almost get scared because things have been so easy and I hardly feel any restriction?

Am now able to have pureed foods!! YAY!! Stop and got pintos and cheese since there are SO MANY post about them during pureed phase. I have had my little cup for over an hour and I am terrified of taking the first bite!!!

No, at 3weeks post op, still have very little energy, I can walk good, but can't stand long. Other than the nausea, I feel good. Going to doctor today. Hopefully get something different for the nausea. Will update later.

Good luck Steve, there are meds for that nausea. I promise this is a short minor problem.