Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone just starting their sleeve journey ?

Or anyone care to share there 6 months wait time stories

Did you exercise? Did you prepare yourself for the BIG day?

Anything else is welcome ?

Hi yes I will share my story as soon as I found out that I really wanted to do this, after i left my first seminar I gave up pop and began exercising by starting with walking everyday until the weather got cold, then I started with zumba, every day for 45 minutes. I am still going through the process right now and has just gotten approved as of 3/ 13/14. Now I am awaiting a surgery date, and the coordinator wont be back until this week and should be contacting me. I have also began trying out new Protein drinks and like the premiere Protein Drinks as sams club as well as grape frost Isopure. I have began watching what I eat and hold myself accountable for my actions. I have begun a journal and have seen that writing down my experiences has help. I know that I can do this because I have made the changes that are necessary for me to be successful .

Just booked surgery last week for April 16th. I have been exercising but probably not as much as I should. My hardest thing is chew chew chew. Im getting nervous but excited to see what the future has in store. I got my surgery day bag packed with what I learned on youtube (small pillow and gas-x strips). Everything is ready at home, as in post opdiet supplies for the first week, Vitamins, and Protein Shakes with some sugar free syrups just in case I dont like the flavors I got. :)

Just booked surgery last week for April 16th. I have been exercising but probably not as much as I should. My hardest thing is chew chew chew. Im getting nervous but excited to see what the future has in store. I got my surgery day bag packed with what I learned on youtube (small pillow and gas-x strips). Everything is ready at home, as in post opdiet supplies for the first week, Vitamins, and Protein shakes with some sugar free syrups just in case I dont like the flavors I got. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo who started packing weeks before my surgery :) Scheduled for April 8th and started packing two weeks ago lol. I've also been stacking up on post-op supplies and sampling Protein Shakes. Luckily I love drinking them!

In terms of mental preparations- I decided to give up caffeine and sugar (for the most part) now and to continue working on my binge eating issues. I did lose 30lbs since October with Weight Watchers which was very helpful. If I had a six month wait and could spare the $35 a month, I would totally sign up for Weight Watchers.

Also, I wanted to add that I think I'd probably sign back up for weight watchers sometime after surgery- it really is a great support system!

Edited by vsg_joanna

I have one more appointment before it gets sent off for insurance approval. I really need to kick it in gear and start walking and working out. I do have Protein drinks ready!

I'm scheduled for August 4th; since I opted for self-pay, I don't have any prerequisites to complete, but am working on my own preparation journey. I purchased “The Big Book of Gastric Sleeve” and read it, it has LOTS of information. As soon as the weather warms up, I’ll start a walking program. Other than that, just focusing on Portion Control and wrapping my mind around the changes to my body and eating habits; working hard to stay positive and focused on the good outcome from this procedure.

To prepare, I read this forum daily, upped my Water, gave up most breads, sweets and soda 3 months prior and starting exercising 30 min 3x a week. I've lost 34 lbs so far. I feel like I've given myself a good start.

I started my journey in August 2013, and when I was told I had to do a six month supervised diet, it felt like I would never get through those six months. My upcoming surgery was all I talked about, thought about, read about I mean I drove my family crazy. I learnd ssoooo much from this site all the good, bad and ugly. I got sleeved 2/19/14.

As far as how I did on my six month diet,not so good I acually gained five pounds. The only thing I cut out was soda because I rarley drank them anyway. More than anything I wish I would've tried protien shakes before hand, because when it was time for me to do my liquid diet I could not find a shake that I could tolerate and I only had one week so I really didn't get any protien in on that diet.

I started my journey in August 2013, and when I was told I had to do a six month supervised diet, it felt like I would never get through those six months. My upcoming surgery was all I talked about, thought about, read about I mean I drove my family crazy. I learnd ssoooo much from this site all the good, bad and ugly. I got sleeved 2/19/14. As far as how I did on my six month diet,not so good I acually gained five pounds. The only thing I cut out was soda because I rarley drank them anyway. More than anything I wish I would've tried protien shakes before hand, because when it was time for me to do my liquid diet I could not find a shake that I could tolerate and I only had one week so I really didn't get any protien in on that diet.

Sophia how are you doing? You went to Depaul right?

I have an appt. next week to do my educational class. Then, the week after next I have my pschy exam scheduled. After that, I do my pre-op appointment to schedule the surgery. I am truly hoping that by the end of April, I will be in recovery. I am so excited about this new journey and hoping that I use this as a tool to eat better, excercise and not make food my "go to" when I am stressed.

I also look forward to the information everyone on here gives. I didn't even realize that I should be stocking up on Protein shakes. -_-

God Bless!!

M.

I wont be having surgery until June 14 but I am doing weight watchers and I go to the gym. :)

Thanks loving all this advice I need to get it together I think I will try some Protein Shakes as well

I'm new! I am a Kaiser patient, so I have a potentially long wait ahead of me, but I'm ok with that most days. I got approved last week and completed my introduction video and questionnaire. Next is waiting. They say the wait can be anywhere between 3-6 months, and then you start 6 weeks of weekly, 90 minute classes and pre-op blood work, etc. Then you do some sort of final pre-op appointment and surgery. So, if everything goes text book, and assuming I wait 6 months, I'll have my surgery sometime mid October. It would be much easier scheduling wise for me if it were sooner, but I have no choice in the matter.

I'm prepping by learning to not have drinks with my meal, which has been a challenge so far, and by keeping my meal times set and not grazing throughout the day. I was pretty active a few months ago, but some illness kept me down for awhile, so I'm going to try and slowly build my activity back up.

I am in the middle of my pre-op appointments- in the next month I have pulmonary consult, CT scan, sleep study, endoscopy. Surgery most likely to be June or July.

Hello Tiffany,

I am just starting my sleeve journey. So far I went to the seminar, and had my follow-up visit with the patient advocate to give insurance and health info. I have my first doctor appt. next friday on the 27th.

Have you started your journey??

feel free to keep in touch.

Sincerely, angi