Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to hate weekends

I use to wait with bated breath for the weekend. All week long I am so good on my diet. but the weekend is a different story. Now, every Friday I start to wonder how good I will be with my diet efforts and tell myself this weekend 'I WILL BE GOOD'. Somehow by Saturday night and definately by Sunday, I'm cheating. Every Sunday I spend with my daughter and granddaughter. We usually spend the day shopping or geocaching or visiting friends but no matter what we do, it always includes lunch. My daughter is overweight too but has no issues with it and has no real desire to lose weight. When we go to lunch invariably I end up eating part of her appetizer which is always something bad and sometimes I order stuff that is a definate no no. Yesterday and Romono encrusted chicken with herb Pasta and a pomodoro sauce. YIKES! I tried to justify it in my mind by only eating about a quarter of the Pasta and a little over half of the chicken, but the fried shrimps for the appetizer round I got no excuse for. Luckily I am starting to feel my lapband and it will let me know when I definately can't have anymore, but it still lets me eat more than I should.

This is fairly indicative of my weekend behavior and is the main saboteur of my weight loss. Sometimes I sort of hate myself, but I need a good mechanism to help me stop. Anybody got any ideas on how I can control myself.

ARE YOU NUTS :unsure: :wacko: I can't wait for the weekends!

Jussssstttt kidding of course except I love my weekends. I wouldn't sweat it so much right now if I were you. Looks like you're just banded and when you get your band properly adjusted many of those urges or cravings will disappear. I mean it, it's so much easier when you're adjusted properly and maybe eat something that satisfies you before you go on your trips?

But I know how hard it is. Environment is one of the biggest enemies of weight loss of any kind. I'm fortunate, my wife is rather thin and eats healthy so it's easy around here. But, when I go visit my grandkids, OMG, the pantries are full of sugary cereals and chips of all kinds. My eyeballs roll so much I need a bottle of visine to re-lube them.

I've seen so many forum members stop by here who are failing or struggling because they live in households where everyone is obese and they continue to overeat. Or, the forum member is young and hangs with kids who frequent pizza, taco, ice cream places often.

Get those fills.

tmf

@@SlowJourney

I think it's great that you are spending weekends with your daughter and granddaughter and I'm sad to hear that you aren't looking forward to them as much these days.

I know the weekends are rough for me as well. There are days I want to throw caution to the wind and make it a free for all. Those days I am so grateful for my band! There are days during the week here at work I am also grateful for my band because there can be so many foods that I love here, and these days I have no interest in them most of the time!

When I am going out to an event, I know there will be all my favorite foods. Most of the time I am in control and I don't go overboard and if it's something I have to have I have a small bit and I'm good. There are some times that I am just out of control and say I don't care I'm going to eat this and enjoy it! So I do and the band stops me from over doing it, but it was getting harder and harder and I was saying I don't care way too much!

So now when I know I am going to be going out and there is always that chance that the I don't care mode will turn on and that spells calories for me. I will make sure that I eat something first.

I will have a Protein bar and come nice coffee so it feels like I had a treat, or I'll make a Protein shake frozen smoothie.

When I get to the event I'm not so hungry now, and those favorite foods are less desirable and I remember why I am there. To be with my loved ones or to do business and I can focus on that and not on trying to control myself around the food.

If I feel that I must must must have a bite of something I do, and if it's playing a siren song in my head that begs me to eat more, I order a FF Cappuccino and enjoy sipping on that.

I hope this helps you a little bit. Throw a Protein Bar in your bag to munch before going to lunch and you won't want to share your daughters appetizers and you'll eat your lunch and be satisfied. :)

Thanks, that actually does help! Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets those cravings and gives in to them on occasion, but like you, mine are coming way to often. Will stick a banana or a Protein bar in my purse.

@@SlowJourney

I think it's great that you are spending weekends with your daughter and granddaughter and I'm sad to hear that you aren't looking forward to them as much these days.

I know the weekends are rough for me as well. There are days I want to throw caution to the wind and make it a free for all. Those days I am so grateful for my band! There are days during the week here at work I am also grateful for my band because there can be so many foods that I love here, and these days I have no interest in them most of the time!

When I am going out to an event, I know there will be all my favorite foods. Most of the time I am in control and I don't go overboard and if it's something I have to have I have a small bit and I'm good. There are some times that I am just out of control and say I don't care I'm going to eat this and enjoy it! So I do and the band stops me from over doing it, but it was getting harder and harder and I was saying I don't care way too much!

So now when I know I am going to be going out and there is always that chance that the I don't care mode will turn on and that spells calories for me. I will make sure that I eat something first.

I will have a Protein Bar and come nice coffee so it feels like I had a treat, or I'll make a Protein shake frozen smoothie.< /p>

When I get to the event I'm not so hungry now, and those favorite foods are less desirable and I remember why I am there. To be with my loved ones or to do business and I can focus on that and not on trying to control myself around the food.

If I feel that I must must must have a bite of something I do, and if it's playing a siren song in my head that begs me to eat more, I order a FF Cappuccino and enjoy sipping on that.

I hope this helps you a little bit. Throw a protein bar in your bag to munch before going to lunch and you won't want to share your daughters appetizers and you'll eat your lunch and be satisfied. :)

Thanks, that actually does help! Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets those cravings and gives in to them on occasion, but like you, mine are coming way to often. Will stick a banana or a Protein bar in my purse.

@@SlowJourney

I will have a Protein bar and come nice coffee so it feels like I had a treat, or I'll make a protein shake frozen smoothie.

If I feel that I must must must have a bite of something I do, and if it's playing a siren song in my head that begs me to eat more, I order a FF cappuccino and enjoy sipping on that.

I hope this helps you a little bit. Throw a protein bar in your bag to munch before going to lunch and you won't want to share your daughters appetizers and you'll eat your lunch and be satisfied. :)

Thanks 2muchfun. I guess I am sorta nuts B) I think more accurately stated, I'm starting to hate Me on the weekends. There is always bad stuff in my house but it does not interest me. It's always candy bars, cake or Cookies. My husband is skinny as all get out but is a chocoholic. That's never been my weakness. Mine is bread, Pasta and most high carb foods and so is my daughter's. So whenever she suggests a place I cave in. I like Lisacaron's idea to take a protein bar with me. I'm going to start that next weekend. I'll let ya'll know how it works out for me.

ARE YOU NUTS :unsure: :wacko: I can't wait for the weekends!

Jussssstttt kidding of course except I love my weekends. I wouldn't sweat it so much right now if I were you. Looks like you're just banded and when you get your band properly adjusted many of those urges or cravings will disappear. I mean it, it's so much easier when you're adjusted properly and maybe eat something that satisfies you before you go on your trips?

But I know how hard it is. Environment is one of the biggest enemies of weight loss of any kind. I'm fortunate, my wife is rather thin and eats healthy so it's easy around here. But, when I go visit my grandkids, OMG, the pantries are full of sugary cereals and chips of all kinds. My eyeballs roll so much I need a bottle of visine to re-lube them.

I've seen so many forum members stop by here who are failing or struggling because they live in households where everyone is obese and they continue to overeat. Or, the forum member is young and hangs with kids who frequent pizza, taco, ice cream places often.

Get those fills.

tmf

It's hard. I read an article recently that many people undo all of the good they did all week on the weekends.

Maybe you need to change up your routine.

For example, this weekend, we had a friend over to play games and hangout. Normally, we would have gone out for a big lunch or I would have made something "bad" here. Instead, we went to Panera and brought it home. I got Soup. We still played games and hung out - and that was the real purpose of the visit - not the food.

We always set the expectation ahead of time so friends aren't confused. "Come over after dinner. We'll have fruit available."

It's going to be hard - especially because it's your daughter, but it's your health.

It's hard. I read an article recently that many people undo all of the good they did all week on the weekends.

Yup that's me! I tend to undo all the good I do all week on the weekends! You would think it would be easier when at home, but for me it really isn't. I have to "plan" and the hubby doesn't always like to go with my plan and thus we deviate and sometimes it makes me mad which makes me want to eat even though I know it is the wrong thing to do.

We haven't worked this out quite yet...and I think I"m going to join a program on Saturday's whether it be dance or Karate or something where I am on task and he can join or not and it won't derail me so easily!! :)

I've read a lot of good advice here

The weekend is hard.. full of temptations and temptations..

I try to think that I can't throw away all the efforts of te week.

Sometimes I stop to think about what is better

Sometimes I stop thinking because cravings are stronger than me.