Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

Quick question, I'm embarrassed to ask, but here I go......

I'm seven weeks out and have for no apparent reason broken out in a rash. Uncommon for myself as I've never had them except during chickenpox many years ago.

Have any of y'all broken out in rashes/hives?

If so, how are y'all treating it?

I'm traveling a lot and really don't have the time to visit a doctor at the moment.

All the best!

Quick question, I'm embarrassed to ask, but here I go...... I'm seven weeks out and have for no apparent reason broken out in a rash. Uncommon for myself as I've never had them except during chickenpox many years ago. Have any of y'all broken out in rashes/hives? If so, how are y'all treating it? I'm traveling a lot and really don't have the time to visit a doctor at the moment. All the best!

I would take Benadryl and put calamine on the rash itself. Also take a look at what you ate prior to the rash breaking out. Something food related might have caused it.

So it turns out I've developed eczema. Funny because I've never had it before..........wonder what has brought it on now.

I had surgery June 18th. I started loosing pre-op weight at 331 pounds. The day of my Surgery I weighed 309, today, 2 months later I'm at 246 pounds.

I've lost a total of 85 pounds and 63 since surgery.

I noticed I could eat Doritios and a little ice cream cake yesterday at a birthday party. I hadn't been able to do this before. I'm still loosing about 5 pounds per week, trying to stick to the 2 oz of protien and 2 oz of veggie but starting to get hungier.

I'm looking to round out at 215 to 230 and try to maintane that.

I got the worse case of gout in my left toe last week, my dr had me on steriods and now on a pill to reduce the acid level.

I think I'm on track and doing well btu need to work on my excersise routines still.

I'm 9 weeks out and getting confused about what I should be eating? I know the basics "protein first" but some sources say vegetarian Protein, then fish, then maybe animal protein. Some sources say all the veggies and fruit are allowed. Has anyone received direct guidance from a NUT for past 2 months?

UPDATE:

Sleeved on June 11th now down 74lbs! Losing about 5lbs per week while consuming between 900 and 1200 calories per day. (435 lb start)

Doc and Nutritionist says not to interject serious exercise yet since the extra calorie deficit would put my body into starvation mode and slow weight loss; as a result, other than walking the dogs and going to work at my desk job, I have not increased my physical output at all.

With the consistent weight loss I now understand that day in and day out if I maintain a reasonable caloric deficit I can't help but lose weight. It's also remarkable to note that I am not hungry in the sense that I was before the surgery either. It has become very manageable.

Good luck gang!

I would take Benadryl and put calamine on the rash itself. Also take a look at what you ate prior to the rash breaking out. Something food related might have caused it.

I had a rash on my face shortly after the procedure. As I got my nutrients balanced out it got better. I was told it was my body in shock from the major teams it had gone through.

My date was 6/12/14 went in at 301pd now I'm 252pd

after

before

! I was depressed at first but now I'm dealing, I guess. Not at the point where I would say, 'this is the best thing I could have done'.

Wow, our stats are almost identical. Surgery date June 11th, high weight 302, current weight 251.

Pretty cool!

Edited by SnohoGal98296

Just curious how people are doing also what are y'all eating?

I had surgery on June 5th! SW was 263, CW is 219, down 44 lbs since surgery- last week I am completely stalled, but it happens! Doing fantastic 27 days out of the month and struggling terrible on hormonal days - it's like there is a monster inside of me that lives to eat. I resist most of the time, but I suffer! LOL

I usually have cottage cheese or an egg and bacon or paleo almond flower pancakes (well one 2 inch pancake) for breakfast; lunch will be grilled fish, or chicken or tuna - usually straigh lean Proteins and dinner is the same. Virtually no carbs or sugar - I am actually mostly Paleo (with exception of the Cottage Cheese which is too great in Protein to pass it up!). I eat sashimi a lot and a lot of grilled tilapia.. Those are my go to foods. :)

My surgery is June 5 ,can't wait .this will be a very important date in my life !

Hi Jacksmimi - how are you doing? You and I have the same surgery date, so I am extra curious to know how you are doing! :)

I'm down 32 lbs surgery was 6/18. I'm stuck in a stall and this week I really started working out. I was a couch work outer and have struggled to get into a routine. I've seen a personal trainer to get the kick that I need. I'm also am struggling getting Protein in as shakes just don't agree with me.

I am down 40 pounds. Surgery date was June 17th. HW 226. CW. 186. I am starting to notice in my clothes. I have moved from one closet... All too big now, and have migrated to another closet, that had clothes that previously had been too small. I have one closet left! These are size 12. If I go below that size I will have no other closet to go to. I have not been below size 12 in my entire adult life!

So today I've hit another ten pound loss, which I count as a huge success, I was due for a fine meal out, and three times I tried to get my husbands attention and all the man wanted to do was stare at an iPad screen reading the news!

For Christ sake, I fit into a dress which I haven't been able to wear in two years, I wore jeans that was too small, now too big and boots that were too small for me now I can fit two fingers into it all closed up. I tried to look sexy and attractive but nothing seamed to catch his attention. Before I lost weight I felt like why bother, he's not attracted to me now. NOW I've lost 45 pounds and still, I can't seam to attract his attention. I just needed to vent!!!!

On top of it all, I just don't feel he's supportive at all. Again I'm sorry for my rant.....I'm living in china with no one I really talk to about any of this!

Surgery date was June 24th, so I'm 11.5 weeks out now, and down 65 pounds. Made it to 200.1 yesterday, and darned if I didn't go up to 200.8 this morning. :wacko: But I didn't eat quite as well as I could have, so it's totally explainable (mostly beef and veggies with rich sauces). Typically eating about 700 calories a day, drinking at least 64 ounces of fluids, eating about 80 grams of Protein, walking 40 minutes 6 days a week, and going to the gym for strength training once a week. Some days I feel great, others I feel a little droopy. Stomach usually feels okay (not great) but sometimes feels a little uncomfortable. Anyone else having a similar experience? Go June Sleevers!!!

Edited by Rogofulm