Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

Really? 1/2 slice of toast = 4 1/2 grams of carbs and 2oz potatoes cannot be much either. So you have absolutely no carbs until 6 months? Well, that may be the issue then. I will discuss with my NUT after I track my food for a week. That will help me get on the right track.

I know, I'm a bit bored of the no carb thing. I was 6/10 and my next food phase meeting nov 4th when I can add starchy carbs. With the Beans and Greek yo I get between 70-100 g carbs in a day.

I'd say up calories first and see how that goes.

Figured I would share my update. Sleeved June 3rd and weighed in at 305 lbs. Today July 29th 56 days later and I weighed in at 255. Booyaa 50 lbs gone so far! No secrets or magic, just following the guidelines I was given. My typical day is way different than most I read on here, but it seems to be working, so I'll stick with it. My calorie intake is 550-650 per day. And over 300 of that is from Protein Shakes. Plus according to my fitness pal and fitbit, I am burning 500 plus calories per day by walking. I have a nice big 3 scoop shake everymorning to start the day. Then I walk for 1 hour, no if ands or buts about it, 1 hour. lunch is usualy some canned tuna with mustard and a boiled egg mashed up together (about 1 ounce). Or an ounce of baked talipia. Plus another 30 minutes of walking. Supper is the same thing, tuna or baked talipia. Never more than 1.5 ounces, because I can't eat any more than that. I have been trying to incorporate some salad in with Supper. But it is very minimal. Just not able to fit any in. Water consumption is off the charts. I drink 150 plus ounce's of water a day, everyday. I track everything on my fitness pal and use a fitbit to keep track of my steps and active minutes per day. I did try to go one day where I ate more and tried to get my Protein from food. Damn near killed me. I was not able to eat enough to get in the 80-100 grams of protein. And felt 'sick' / overstuffed all day. Daily averages are 80-100 grams of protein, and 20 or less on the carbs. Plus the Vitamins recommended by the doctor.

<p>Figured I would share my update. Sleeved June 3rd and weighed in at 305 lbs. Today July 29th 56 days later and I weighed in at 255. Booyaa 50 lbs gone so far! No secrets or magic, just following the guidelines I was given. My typical day is way different than most I read on here, but it seems to be working, so I'll stick with it. My calorie intake is 550-650 per day. And over 300 of that is from Protein Shakes. Plus according to my fitness pal and fitbit, I am burning 500 plus calories per day by walking. I have a nice big 3 scoop shake everymorning to start the day. Then I walk for 1 hour, no if ands or buts about it, 1 hour. lunch is usualy some canned tuna with mustard and a boiled egg mashed up together (about 1 ounce). Or an ounce of baked talipia. Plus another 30 minutes of walking. Supper is the same thing, tuna or baked talipia. Never more than 1.5 ounces, because I can't eat any more than that. I have been trying to incorporate some salad in with Supper. But it is very minimal. Just not able to fit any in. Water consumption is off the charts. I drink 150 plus ounce's of water a day, everyday. I track everything on my fitness pal and use a fitbit to keep track of my steps and active minutes per day. I did try to go one day where I ate more and tried to get my Protein from food. Damn near killed me. I was not able to eat enough to get in the 80-100 grams of protein. And felt 'sick' / overstuffed all day. Daily averages are 80-100 grams of protein, and 20 or less on the carbs. Plus the Vitamins recommended by the doctor.</p>

your routine is very similar to mine except my caloric intake is 650-750 a day with less than 25 carbs a day. Sleeved June 17th, lost 56 lbs since then. Keep up the good work.

hello all- i have been reading post but not replying. my surgery was June 30. Lost 12.5 lbs pre-op. i started at 285. total lost now is 35.5lbs. Having trould eating and getting enough Water down. i also hate the Vitamins. Going to start working out this weekend. Had a plan to start on my birthday but hubby ended up in the hospital due to a tia or mini stroke.... he is home now so I am back to paying attention to my diet and exercise. what exercises would you all recommend for a newbie?

At my 6 week follow uo they told me to start trying meats. When did yall try hamburger?

At my 6 week follow uo they told me to start trying meats. When did yall try hamburger?

I started at 6-7 weeks I think...went smoothly. I have had no problems with anything though.

They told me in mooshie phase I could have ground beef as long as it was chewed or mashed up good before swallowing.

Hi all! I was sleeved on 6/18 and have been stalled for 3 weeks. I'm honestly wondering why I did this if I'm not going to lose any more weight. I keep every bite on myfirnessal, work out at least 30 min 5 days a week, use a fitbit to walk more, mostly avoid starchy carbs etc. but nothing seems to break the stall. So frustrated.

Hi all! I was sleeved on 6/18 and have been stalled for 3 weeks. I'm honestly wondering why I did this if I'm not going to lose any more weight. I keep every bite on myfirnessal, work out at least 30 min 5 days a week, use a fitbit to walk more, mostly avoid starchy carbs etc. but nothing seems to break the stall. So frustrated.

same here I also had my surgery 6/18 and stuck for 3 weeks. I'm hoping to see this change soon as of tomorrow I can move to stage 4 normal foods. Here's praying you and I get out of this stall.

My surgery date was June 17 and in the same 3 week stall. Just now seeing a pound come off over the past 3 days. Maybe thus means it will start moving again. Sooooooo frustrating. I have cut out carbs almost entirely and working hard to get more Protein in each day. Walking, walking, walking........ This has got to get better!!!!

Hi all. I'm reading so much about people stalling, but I haven't experienced that yet. My surgery was 6/25 and since my post op visit on 7/3 I have lost an additional 10 lbs. so, I'm averaging about 2.5 lbs a week and I'm fine with that. I actually prefer it slow and steady rather than periods of big drops and stalls.

I have used a combination of minimal exercise (2-3 times a week of walking and swimming and 10 minutes of hand weights 3x a week. I have also mixed my food every day. I never have the same food 2 days in a row (except eggs) and my Nut has allowed me to have Cereal Kashi or Special K with Protein which has helped the process. Some times it feel that people may not be eating enough and overdoing the exercise with the hopes that the weight is just going to drop off instantly. This is a lifetime journey, so slow and steady wins the race.

I have always been a great cook and eater and I've used my cooking ability to try new high protein recipes that are interesting and varied. I make a pot of marinara sauce and use it to make an Italian lentil Soup (I add canned lentils and finely chopped celery and carrots for veggies) and also make turkey meatballs (adding egg and cheese for more protein) and place it over ricotta cheese (I also add an egg and grated cheese in that) for my traditional Sunday Italian dinner. While everyone around me is eating Pasta and bread, I'm right at home with my own hi protein Italian dinner. You can also use the sauce to add shrimp, scallops, or any fish. Just wanted to share some ideas that have helped me.

We will all get to our goals if we keep positive and motivated and support each other...good luck to everyone.

I'm happy to say that I have lost another 3lbs, so I am happy about that. I am sooo close to the 200 mark that I am determined to reach it. I have been walking and riding my bike with my wonderful husband and that is awesome. He has been so supportive. I now feel my clothes becoming loose. I love that people are seeing the results. I feel healthier too. I know now that everyone is different and how they lose the weight. Going to see my Dr. and my nutritionist helped me also because they are very positive. Thanks everyone for the wonderful feed back. It helps a lot to know I'm not alone.

June 16 was my surgery date. So I'm officially 1 month post op. How has everyone else done the first month? I have been on what feels like an emotional roller coaster

My surgery date was 6/2. I am 2 months post surgery and I've lost 36 pounds since surgery and went from size 18 to size 12 and still losing.