Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2014 Sleevers Check In!

@@madwife2002, are you drinking enough Fluid? I have found that whenever I get hungry and it's not a planned mealtime or snacktime, it's because I'm thirsty. I top off my tank with Crystal Light and I'm satisfied until my next meal. If you're having trouble getting the fluids in, ask me and I'll share my tricks. Good luck and stay the course!

@@Rogofulm

What are you're tricks? I am finding that I'm feeling more hunger at 7 months out. Any tricks/ tips are appreciated.

I find that if I keep my sleeve full of fluids, it stays satisfied. So...

I bought two 24-ounce Tervis Tumblers (and handles) at Bed, Bath & Beyond; one for work and one for home. At least 30 minutes after Breakfast (and after coffee) I fill one up with sugar-free, Decaf Crystal Light (or generic) iced tea and sip it all morning, finishing up at least 30 minutes before lunch. At least 30 minutes after lunch, I fill another and sip it all afternoon. (Sometimes I work in a snack, sometimes I don't.) Then, at least 30 minutes after dinner I fill my last one at home and sip it all evening. That's 72+ ounces of Fluid every day! If I have to go somewhere, I bring my tumbler in the car with me. And if I'm hungry and it's not mealtime or snacktime, I drink even more. If I'm going to a casual party where there won't be anything "appropriate" for me to drink, I bring along more tea in a cooler. A bit obsessive? Perhaps, but it works! Including coffee and green tea, I'm probably getting about 120 oz of Fluid per day. And the more you drink, the more your body craves. I can polish off a 24-oz tumbler in just a few minutes sometimes. Not sure if that's a good thing, but it keeps me hydrated, which is good for weight loss AND skin elasticity!

Hello my fellow June Sleevers! Now that we are 6/7 months out, how many calories are you guys eating on a daily basis???

@@jenn1 my max is 1000..... I was thinking it was too much. I am so afraid of gaining my weight back smh!!! At times I find myself fulling up with Water only. My doctor say that I'm starving myself. THANX so now I know that 1000 max is ok

@@MsBeautyB4&After

Oh no, Don't starve yourself. I do understand the fear of gaining. Out of all the times I have lost weight. Maintaining is where I have always messed up.

I was told 600-800 calories

How's everyone doing? I'm feelin great! 120# since surgery 6/17 and 170 total... I weigh what I lost!

post-218536-14254157229963_thumb.jpg

My surgery was 6/17 too! I feel like a new woman. I am amazed at how much energy I have. I have lost 70 lbs. Fifteen more to goal to reach 140. Not in a rush to get there. Just sticking with the program and limiting calories and carbs! I am wearing size 6 petite pants (I am only 5') and Medium tops. Never never never dreamed I would ever get into that size! Because I am so short my BMI is still showing me as 'obese!' Go figure. Oh well, I am happy about the way I look and feel. My doctor says 140-150 should be my goal weight regardless to BMI guidelines. I am 60 years old so don't need to get into size 0!

My surgery was June 11th, I have lost 96 lbs, working through a two week stall, Hoping to beat it soon so I can Celebrate my joining the 100 lbs lost club!

June 24th, here.... Glad to report that I'm down 114 pounds, and 3 below my initial goal of 154 – which is one pound into my "normal" BMI range. I've set a stretch goal of 145-148 as my permanent range to try and avoid ever going back over my goal number. I have to say that this journey has really been fun! But now, as the honeymoon period ends, the compliments and new clothing sizes dry up, and the long-haul work begins, I hope it will continue to at least be satisfying. I'm proud of my success, and the collective success of our June 2014 family. If we keep working at it, it will keep paying off. Good luck, everyone!!!

Hi everyone - Over two years out and I am still down over 110 lbs - This decision was the best thing I could have done for myself - do you still feel the same way?

Absolutely!!! But you know how we always heard that the last 5-10 pounds were the hardest to lose? We laughed at the thought of only needing to lose 5 pounds, right? Well on maintenance, that's exactly where we are. When a few pounds come on, it's a whole lot harder to get them back off. I've been fighting with the same 5-7 pounds for months now. Some days I'm winning, and some days I'm losing....... but it's a much better battle than the one I used to fight!!!!!