Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

ljuht115, you are probably in surgery now, but seeing that you are St. Francis caught my eye. Are you in Tulsa? I ask because I grew up in the Tulsa area. St. Francis was an awesome hospital back then, so I'm sure it still is! I wish you luck.

Hi Lodum - I am actually in Seattle Tacoma area of Washington state. I have not yet had my surgery as i am last on the list of 7:00 - I am hungry - but not terribly, and am ok with the wait. I did just get my iv though ( how is that for a step by step call on today's progress). they do the gastric bypasses first then lap bands. I won't get my surgery until later today around 6-7 pm... I do stay the night though. I got a movie in on my lap top and will get another and have a tv in my room so really all is good right now..

WenJEA - so glad you are feeling better. Whew... well whoever is out there - just keep on a postin as I have another 4 hours or so to go!

Hope everyone is well and for those feeling poopy, just quote scarlett O'Hara (tomorrow is another day) is that right?

Your'e right tmorrow is another day and it only gets better after each day Good Luck It's all worth it I was Banded on the 2nd and I down 25lbs and loving it. So see you on the Band Side:D

I was BANDED may 2, 2007 and got my first fill today May 22, 2007 a whoping 4 cc in my vg band. I thought it would be six weeks but the doctor said the band would hold 12cc I guess I am one third there.

Why did you have to get the VG Band. Did your doctor explain that to you. Because when I was banded my doctor said he didn't have to use the bigger band he could use the regular band is VG Band the bigger band. And do you know the diffrence:confused:

Hi!! I am 4 days after surgery and I feel so bloated and swollen. I did not take any pain medicine today for the first time. Is this normal?

Good Luck to those who are still waiting for surgery today.

I just read about band sizes and types. This is something the doctor and I did not discuss. I do not even know what size I have. Are there that many different types? Do most of you kow the type and size you are getting?

I'm now 6 days post op. For the past two days, I had the excruciating left shoulder pain that usually comes with a laproscopy procedure. This is really weird but I just took a long, kinda fast paced, walk and the pain is gone. It's something to try if you guys are having the shoulder aches.

My band is a 10 and I did know the size because I was given a laminated card to carry in my wallet. The doctor gave me the "how to" booklet that came with my band. It kinda cracked me up because I thought it seemed sort of like the owners manuel that comes when you get a new car or computer. ;)

It sounds like everyone is doing great. How do you think we'll be in a month from now. I was reading some of the previous month threads to get a gauge on how we will feel in a few months. It sounds pretty upbeat. Just made some sugar free Jello. That's my treat for later.

Laurie

I had a doctor's visit today, and my surgery got postponed by one day.

Now it is May 30 instead of May 29.

That's good, I guess.

Wouldn't want the surgeon to have a hangover from all the Memorial Day

drinking he might do the following morning!:faint:

Anyone else on May 30th?

Carol

weight.png

Thanks Lauienj....I just looked at my card it said maximum fill volume is 4cc. I never read the little card. Now I know. I also took a walk and I do feel a little better.

cmacinga....Good Luck on your surgery date....it will be here soon.

Hello All,

I was banded yesterday. I just got home, I thought it was going to be day surgery because my ins co would only allow out patient but my doc kept me overnight. I am so glad he did, I would have had a bad night in my own bed without all the great care from the nurses (dh tries but he is not as good as the nurses) My hats off to those who come right home and are up and about!!! I am still sore, need the pain meds, not too much gas yet!! I am soooo excited to start my new life!! Good luck to all who go tomorrow and hope yesterday and todays surgeries all went well. I have thought about this for so long, it seems surreal, I cannot believe I have been banded!!

Thanks for all the support, What a great group of A MAY ZING people!!

Through the mirror, and out the other side.

Got banded yesterday, home today. I would have slept much better here than at the hospital, but I NEEDED the pain meds.

Right now I'm feeling ok, a bit like I was kicked by a mule but I'm walking around and sucking down the liquids. No shoulder pains, but I do have some bloating and gas.

Doc put a band on that can take a 10 cc fill. No restriction for now, followup in 2 weeks

Oh -- and I moved my date up to yesterday due to buyout rumors at work and worries that it would affect my insurance. The buyout was announced today -- I just barely dodged that bullet ;)

I pooped!!! some of you don't yet know how exciting that is but since it's been a really long while, I'm excited! I also walked a mile today. I didn't have shoulder pain until today and it was when I was walking that I got the sharp pains under my shoulder blades. It can take your breath away! I came home and laid on my heating pad for a while and things are good again. The only pain is on my port side now. Everyday things are getting better!

Watch out! I am able to add more food this week and it is hard to watch the calories. Since I have not had a fill yet, I can hold more. I am supposed to keep it down to 800 calories a day. When you can eat anything, that is hard. Just like being on another stinkin diet!!! I am finding that once I am full, I stay full a long time. However, my head is not over being hungry! Will that ever go away?

Hiccups- that scares me to death!! but I have gotten them several times!

I am getting used to not drinking with my food. I just don't get anything out to drink when I eat.

I am so glad everyone is doing so well!!

I went to the doctor today for my last consult before surgery (may 31). I had lost 4.5lbs!!! I am only a half a pound from my 12lb preop weightloss requirement.

weight.png

Hi Gang:

I had my final visit with my doctor today. My surgery is on May 31st at 10:30 a.m. I AM EXCITED, BUT TOO TIRED TO REALLY GIVE ANYTHING A LOT OF THOUGHT!! I came to this website to get away from my stressful life for about 10 minutes, because this has been a day!!!

I had death in my family today, and I have to leave to take a 4 hours trip out of town for my job at 7 a.m. When I return on Friday, my family will be flying in from everywhere for the funeral and will be AT MY HOUSE!!! All of this is stressing me and overshadowing my long awaited surgery. I was planning to go to the beach this weekend to get some much needed and overdue R&R so I can be mentally ready for my big day. Oh well......I'M BLESSED NEVERTHELESS!!!!

I wish all of the May Bandsters much success and a speedy recovery. Thanks for being here!!!

Hi Gang:

I had my final visit with my doctor today. My surgery is on May 31st at 10:30 a.m. I AM EXCITED, BUT TOO TIRED TO REALLY GIVE ANYTHING A LOT OF THOUGHT!! I came to this website to get away from my stressful life for about 10 minutes, because this has been a day!!!

I had death in my family today, and I have to leave to take a 4 hours trip out of town for my job at 7 a.m. When I return on Friday, my family will be flying in from everywhere for the funeral and will be AT MY HOUSE!!! All of this is stressing me and overshadowing my long awaited surgery. I was planning to go to the beach this weekend to get some much needed and overdue R&R so I can be mentally ready for my big day. Oh well......I'M BLESSED NEVERTHELESS!!!!

I wish all of the May Bandsters much success and a speedy recovery. Thanks for being here!!!

Keep Your Head Up. And Sorry For your loss. And my prayers are with you

I'm home! And feeling kinda miserable. ;) I have an amazing amount of gas and I'm hungry! But I gurgle when I eat or drink so it scares me.

Pain at the hospital was horrible. The doc apparently wrote the orders for me to get morphine but they were giving me demerol every 3 hours which didn't cut it. Would knock me flat the first hour but then the 2nd hour the pain would start building and by the end of three hours, I was an 8 on the pain scale. It was bad! But once I got that great little morphine button, I was able to punch the button, sleep for an hour, punch the button, sleep for an hour...lol

I'm hoping it gets better tomorrow..I'm quite antsy here at home because I just can't get comfortable. I hope I can figure out how to sleep tonight!

Cheers!