Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

ljuht115, you are probably in surgery now, but seeing that you are St. Francis caught my eye. Are you in Tulsa? I ask because I grew up in the Tulsa area. St. Francis was an awesome hospital back then, so I'm sure it still is! I wish you luck.

melissa o,

Are you on mushies now or is that Soup considered to be "full liquids" by your Dr.? My liquid list says specifically "strained soups". :-( I hope to be on mushies by this time on Thursday and I'll try that whenever it happens! Mmmm!

They say full fluids as "anything thru a straw"... but not to use a straw b/c of the gas...

My "mushies" are still 3 weeks away... my Dr requires a post op of 2 days clears, 4 weeks of full fluids then onto mushies for 2 weeks.

I wish mine said "anything through a straw". lol I'd be getting mighty creative! :-)

Oh, believe me... I've been tempted to get creative... I've had to stop myself from saying this more than once... "with enough work anything could fit thru a straw"!!!!! HAHA!!!

...still normally 1 or 2 meals a day are Protein Shakes.< /span>

Melissa O-

You are too funny! ...and did anyone actually say "how big" the straw could be?

;) Stacey

Hello Everyone,

Sure glad to see that everyone is doing as well as they are. I will hit my 3 week mark tomorrow. I can't believe it, it seemed to take so long prior to surgery and now it has been 3 weeks after. To all of you coming after, just keep the faith, the pain does get better, you will feel stronger and the gas does go away. All that I am feeling now is a slight burning, pulling kind of feeling in my port incesions. But that is not all of the time, just comes and goes. My DH and I have been walking at least a mile every evening, and that is helping I think. I have been on muchies for a week and loving ever moment of it after the liquids. My surgen went on vacation after my surgery, so I don't have my followup with him until the 31st. Good luck to all of you!!!

HEy all,

Just wanted to post real quick that the surgery went great for me. I ended up staying in the hospital last night to give my husband a break as he went in this morning for his band and because at the hospital I get morphine. :)

The surgery itself took 50 minutes, and while it was quite painful when I first woke up, it's quite managable now. Think happy thoughts for my husband and me. ;)

Thanks guys!!

Ok.. so this is what I'm doing to get thru the liquids, which I'm sick of. (Congrats to all you that were banded yesterday, and today!!!).. I took a container of cottage cheese, and scooped some out. The rest I put in the blender with a splash of milk... then blended and put back in the fridge. When I'm craving something sweet... I have a tablespoon or two of cottage cheese with some jelly folded in. You can use sugar free. I'm using regular because yesterday, I used all sf foods and I think I ended up consuming 60 calories for the day... For right now, I'm allowing myself one or two regular sugar foods.

Enjoy! (Oh yeh.. I wouldn't eat it right after blending... because (for me anyhow) it gets too airy and contributes to my gas problem!)

I AM GOING TO GET TO JOIN THE MAY BANDSTERS AFTER ALL....I AM HAVING MY SURGERY THE 30TH OF MAY......:biggrin1:

I AM EXCITED AND GETTING READY FOR THE NEW JOURNEY IN MY LIFE...

JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE...

TRACI

Cindy/Wenjea-

Thanks for making me feel sooo not alone. It seems that the positive stuff gets posted 100x more than the negative. I guess that's because no one wants to scare anyone off... which I totally understand.

Cindy- I was on 6 days full/ 1 day clear preop. Post op, my doc seems to be the most lenient. I was on Clear Liquids for about 12 hours post op. (But I couldn't/wouldn't eat or drink anything anyhow).. Then the hospital gave me yougurt and skim milk the night of my surgery (didn't eat or drink that either), ... and for my one week follow up she'll put me on mushies. I'm still only consuming about 4-6ozs of food daily.. and I eat MOSTLY things like chicken broth and tea.. Hey, those of you on clear liquids.. I found this tea.. I think it's by earl grey.. not sure.. it's French vanilla Decaf.. YUMMY!! IT's sooo good.....

Thanks again guys.

Glad to hear your doing better:D

ljuht115, you are probably in surgery now, but seeing that you are St. Francis caught my eye. Are you in Tulsa? I ask because I grew up in the Tulsa area. St. Francis was an awesome hospital back then, so I'm sure it still is! I wish you luck.

Hi Lodum - I am actually in Seattle Tacoma area of Washington state. I have not yet had my surgery as i am last on the list of 7:00 - I am hungry - but not terribly, and am ok with the wait. I did just get my iv though ( how is that for a step by step call on today's progress). they do the gastric bypasses first then lap bands. I won't get my surgery until later today around 6-7 pm... I do stay the night though. I got a movie in on my lap top and will get another and have a tv in my room so really all is good right now..

WenJEA - so glad you are feeling better. Whew... well whoever is out there - just keep on a postin as I have another 4 hours or so to go!

Hope everyone is well and for those feeling poopy, just quote scarlett O'Hara (tomorrow is another day) is that right?

I was BANDED may 2, 2007 and got my first fill today May 22, 2007 a whoping 4 cc in my vg band. I thought it would be six weeks but the doctor said the band would hold 12cc i guess I

I was BANDED may 2, 2007 and got my first fill today May 22, 2007 a whoping 4 cc in my vg band. I thought it would be six weeks but the doctor said the band would hold 12cc I guess I am one third there.