Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hang tough mini!

Doc took a look at the scans and decided there's no need to go in for round 3. Good for me!

Now it's just a matter of not gaining too much weight before the first new fill.

Mini,

Truely sorry for your loss. Please keep us posted on the wedding and your surgery. Take care and God Bless!

Sandra

255h/242s/170c/165g

Hey Everyone!!!

It has been a good while since I have posted. I have checked in and read some of the post from time to time. I am going to get better about posting, I need this place, I need all of your support.

Sandra, congrats about the baby, I am so excited for you. I think you worry to much about gaining the weight back. You have learned alot about eating well over the past months.

Manatee, I am so sorry for the hard times you have been going through. Hope it will all be better now. You have done so well. My thoughts are with you.

Mini, sorry for your loss. Sounds like your life is very busy also. Hang in there.

I will write more later, have to get back to work.

Hang in there all

Laura

Mini.. I'm so sorry for your loss... hang in there. How was the wedding? We want details and pictures!!

Sandra.. how are you feeling?

Manatee... Glad to hear that everything is going well... just remember to take it slow.

After a month of "trying" and 3 negative tests... we've called it off... We have decided now is not the right time for us. We have some financial planning to do before we have a little addition to the family. We were both a bit down about it... but it'll be better in the long run.

The new job is going great... but they're a bunch of eaters!!! Ugh... always Snacks everywhere...and my willpower has been awful!

How is everyone doing??

Just a little before and after... Before is Memorial Day weekend... 2 weeks post op... after is 2 weekends ago

th_NEW051.jpg

th_IMG_1795.jpg

Finally, a fill tomorrow. Looking forward to it, I'm getting chubby. A few more weeks and I can start lifting again.

Thank you twinmommy...

Well... I've known this all along and WHY do I still continue to do this to myself... I eat like a pig with a tapeworm...then get totally angry at the scale when it reflects a higher weight?!?!

I made a promise to myself to get it under control... after all the Easter feasting no more junk...AT ALL.. until I can get down at least another 10 lbs. Yesterday I was just out of control... Ham, baked mac and cheese, potato salad...then came the deserts... and we didnt have a table large enough for all of them!!

Today was the start of my new plan... and it started off well... I finally got my rear end to the gym!!! I even ran! I havent run (without something chasing me) in 5 years! WHOO HOO!!!!

Manatee--- PLEASE... PLEASE take it easy... OK?

OK.. challange time... who wants to set a challange/goal to meet for Memorial Day???? After all... we will be banded a year by then!!! We have 9 weeks... lets get started!!

My goal will be not only to be in ONEderland... but I'll take it a step further.. and say.. 190. That gives me 9 weeks to lose 20ish pounds.

Ok... I have a new ticker for my Memorial Day goal... It says 27 lbs...because I'm including my recent gain... including my TOM gain.. UGH... but I refuse to change my regular ticker... unless I'm losing... I just wont! HAHA...

Hey All!!

How was your easter?

Melissa, good for you getting back on track. I had the same problem with working with a bunch of eaters. candy on every desk and cake etc. in the break room. I know it might sound silly, but, I have a hard fast rule "If I don't bring it, I can't eat it!" I pack my little lunch bag every day. I put my Breakfast bar, stuff to mix a shake (just in case my band is cranky), lunch and some snack. I have found it helps me. Everyday I get up I have one major decision to make "what will I eat today" and then I have to plan it out. If I don't, and I go thru my day and when I get hungry, my inner fat little child will be get the upper hand and I will end up eating ice cream. I usually plan the night before and get my bag packed. Sounds silly but it works for me. Another silly thing I do, when I get home from work, I set my egg timer for 1 hour, and I cannot sit down until it goes off. I make myself move, walk, clean house, lift weights etc. I am not allowed to turn on the TV unless it is for a workout video. Funny how you have to treat yourself like a small child in order to change things. I heard somewhere that you if you are trying to change something in you life you have to do it for at least 21 day for it to become habit. I don't know it that is true or not, but I am trying to make healty eating and exercise a habit.

Take care all,

Laura

Melissa -- I like the Memorial Day challenge.

Let's say -- 160 for me, that's only 19ish lbs and my original goal. I've been mostly flat without a fill, once I get the fill and switch to an Atkins diet for a few weeks I should be well on my way.

Edited by Manatee

Count me in. I would love to knock of the 19 lbs I have left to go by my 1 year date. But it would be a very big Memoral Day to Celebrate if I did it by then.

Yep, I agree with you Manatee, it's back to the "Atkins"ish diet I had been using. I haven't researched Atkins, but I was doing really low carb (thought not carbs-free) and I tried to keep the carbs early in the day. It was working, but I've let evening snacking creep back in...it's killing me! I've just got to admit I'm still a adict.

That bag of Dark chocolate M&M's kicked my booty this weekend!!! NO MORE!!!

Sue

Funny.... what is up with the 19 lbs. check it out sue,manatee, and I all have 19 to go.

Must be our lucky number, but to be honest, after this weekend my ticker is not exactly accurate...too many M&M's!!!

I never believed I'd make it this far, but I want MORE!!!