Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Just a non-update. Going on 3 weeks now, the insurance company is still "reviewing the file" regarding the revision. :tt2:

Wenjea- Why are you jealous? Your BMI is way better than mine.

My Doc asked me what foods I don't eat. I told him any red meat that is not ground. He said "why" I said because I get sick after just a few bites. He said "that is what I want you to eat, just take less bites". He also got onto me about drinking Protein Drinks. He said they go straight to your hips. If I stay away from the sweets I think I could loose the rest of my weight. I bought some 100 calorie packs of Cookies. Maybe then I will have limits.

Oh that does sound like allot of fill...I am at 3.25 and don't want to go any tighter....Don't worry about the TMI...it's nothing new on this board..plus, I work at a hospital so you cannot imagine..what I see and hear..sliming and spitting...that's easy!

What do you think you want to get unfilled to?

Weazy

I went in this am and had .4 cc removed, I felt better instantly! I keep drinking Water, apple juice-anything wet I can get my hands on!

Just a non-update. Going on 3 weeks now, the insurance company is still "reviewing the file" regarding the revision. :smile2:

Good Luck...I hate insurance companies, they are like a necessary evil! Its always hurry up and wait. Keep the updates coming. How are you feeling now?

Enjoy-how nice! I've never had a hot stone massage, you'll have to let us know how it goes, I go once a week or every other week (schedule allowing) to get an hour massage but it is a regular grease em up and rub em type...no rocks involved.

OMG... the hot stone is SOOOO much better than just a regular massage... it was my first one and I'm totally addicted now. I highly recommend it!

Mini....thanks for noticing that I havent been around. I've been lurking and reading but no posting. Just in a funk these days!!! Dont know why though. My husband and kids have me going crazy with them wanting me to have another baby and I am TERRIFIED!! I fianally am feeling atractive and normal person and I going to make myself obese again. Maybe this time...I will have more control of my eating and wont gain 60 lbs???? I see that everyone is doing good and moving as planned.

Sandra

255h/242s/171c/165g

Sandra,

My husband and I are planning to have a baby... I actually thought it was gonna happen sooner than what we planned... TOM was 2 days late this month!!! Normally I'm like clockwork... so I took a test, negative... then TOM came the next afternoon... We were both a bit dissapointed.... it would have been a nice surprise.

Just a non-update. Going on 3 weeks now, the insurance company is still "reviewing the file" regarding the revision. :smile2:

I'm sorry to hear that... hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Twin Mommy, your numbers look fantastic! Your picture looks great too! No way your not a size 4..you look it in the picture!

Manatee - What a nightmare..but you know that we are all rooting for you.

Mischy - good for you. So glad that you feel better! you made me thirsty, I'm going to get some Water, now that I think about it I have only had a small cup of hot water at lunchtime...that's just not enough water.

Melissa (baby blue hint hint) - how fun! A baby! a good old smelly baby! I am jelous!

Blessings all and have a beautiful weekend!

Weazer

Mini...

I know.. I'd REALLY like to be closer to goal before getting pregnant... and my Dr likes us to wait at least a year to 18 months after surgery.... so we'll see! I'm not getting any younger though... and I really dont want the extra risks of getting pregnant after the age of 35.

Finally a real update -- UHC wants to do a "peer review", so they're trying to schedule a time for their pet doc to talk to mine on the phone. Still, it's progress.

On a non-scale victory (?) front, the cop writing me a ticket today mentioned that I need to get a new license picture, and that I must have dropped a lot of weight....

I'm up to 179, but I'm not changing that ticker yet :smile2:

twinmommy - I'm jealous of the fact that you are under 200 pounds. Something my body is really fighting against. I seem to be stuck in teen-land in the 200's. I have been tracking my weight on Fitday for a couple of days and it makes you think twice before putting it in your mouth if you got to write it down. I've never heard that Protein drinks go straight to your hips before. I wonder if he is referring to slimfast and drinks like that instead of the hardcore protein drinks which I take. hmmm. . .

Wenjea-

Here is what I told him that I do, and he freaked. I mix 8oz. 1% milk, ice, 1 scoop body fortress whey Protein. My doc has always been-No liquid Calories. He says that protein drinks do not stay with you long enough. They go right through the band. Different doctors, different opinions. I do find that if I eat 1/2 piece of 100% wheat toast & an egg in the morning, I am full a lot longer than if I had a Protein Drink. It is just hard in the morning with the kids to have time to make an egg.

I am only 5'5" so don't be too impressed that I am under 200. I am still wearing an 18. I look at al the people wearing a 14 and get jealous. I am really very happy for everyone though. It just makes me wish I would have said no to the sweets that go down easily, that I seem to be addicted to again. I have done pretty good the past few days though.

Twinmommy - i thought the point of the Protein was to get better nutrition in not necessarily to stay in a long time. I usually come home from my morning workouts and have instant oatmeal an yogurt. They stay with me until well in the afternoon.

Don't feel bad about the size 18. I am 5'10" and still wearing a 16. I think even at my goal I will still be a size 14. I can't ever remember being smaller then a 13-14, even in highschool! Why does the chocolate go down sooooo easy?

He wants me to have stuff that will sit in my stomach longer. Above my band. That way I can wait longer before consuming more calories. Like I said, if I could stay away from sweets I would be fine. I can't tell a difference since my last fill..............

another day at the same weight. . . I ate less then 1000 calories and it still doesn't move! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!