Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Thanks you guys!!! I am soooo nervous this time....after having two already and having easy pregnancies. Not to mention I was broke and didnt have a pot to piss in I still had my other kids...now life is different, or shall I say better and I am so worried. Well I have been more hungry but I dont think has anything to do w/ the pregnancy more nerves I think. Just afraid of the animal(hunger)that will be unleased when I get unfilled. I have had a lot of people tell me that I should just stay filled and eat more small meals a day. What do you guys think???

Sandra-

What is your current fill? And do you feel like you could take in 1500-1800 cal per day? If you can eat healthy without any problems with PB'ing you should be able to keep some fill in... maybe have a little taken out... I would def. talk to your OB about it....

Sandra...

It's time to concentrate on healthy eating. You can do this. It's about being healthy and the way you make your baby healthy is by making yourself healthy. Healthy means not gaining too much or too little. I'm not sure what your restriction is like, but the good food has got to go down. Small meals sound really wise to me, but nutritious food, not Snacks. 9 months is such a short time to give for the blessing of a child, there will be time for weight loss later.

CONGRATS!!!

Sue

Well the bad news is that I am soooo tight I probably throw up everyday atleast twice. food get stuck and there I run off to the bathroom to induce the vomting because it hurst sooooo bad that I can even talk or breathe. I dont think I can get even 1000 calories a day without barfing!!! So I will schedule a unfill in about two weeks. We will get to see the heartbeat by then and now that the baby is growing. You guys are right...I would much rather gain 50 lbs and have a healthy baby than worry about gaining and baby not be healthy.

Sandra

255h/242s/170c/165g

Thanks to all of you who responded to my story. I think the hardest part of this all has been feeling so alone. In a way, I feel cheated. I mean, we go into this thinking it's a long term commitment, right? **sigh** It's not getting me down, though. I may have lost my band, but not my determination. I'm still going to my support group meetings and I've set up a schedule to meet w/ my dietician every other week and weigh in. I need to keep this weight off and I appreciate all of your support!

Sandra-- Congrats on your new little miracle! :tongue:

SElaine, feel free to check in anytime you need to. This is just a temporary setback if you want it to be. Keep strong.

As for me, I'm finally back in the 170s and dropping, starting to transition to solid foods. If it ain't one thing it's another, though -- a CAT scan for something else shows that I have huge gallstones, and now the docs are debating whether I need yet another session on the table to remove the gallbladder. Apparently this is a common side effect of weight loss. Who knew?

Manatee,

Thanks band buddy!

When I went to the ER this last trip w/ my band complications, the ER doc automatically assumed it was my gallbladder, also. (Not this time!) Apparently, it's fairly common. That doesn't matter much when it's you going through it, though, does it?

By the way.... You are looking good.:tongue:

Whew.

I thought I was going great guns, and then I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather. 30 minutes up on a ladder trimming tree branches just beat the bejeepers out of me. Looks like this is going to be a 2-day process :thumbup:

SElaine...

Good for you. No it's not fair and you have every right to feel cheated. More power to you for rising above!!! My son always seems to get the raw end too, he's 17 yrs old and has Diabetes (type 1), epilepsy and ADD. Soemtimes he gets down (mostly because he can't drive), but I'm so proud of him for his possitive spirit. I see that in you too. Go ahead and get mad, but direct it...make it work for you. Stay in those support groups and keep working. I'm praying for your sucess!

Sue

Metalband -

I still here! Reading the post most everday. Thanks for noticing. This month has been a time of turmoil for me and my family. My precious brother Mark passed away on Feb 29th. I was down in Houston at his bedside. My daughter is getting married this Sat and you can only imagine the planning and details that are keeping me occupied! Next Monday I have my bladder surgery so I'll be off work for three weeks. Just trying to stay focused on the wedding and being caught up at work. I admit, I'll be glad when this month is over and life can get back to normal!

Sandra - Congrads on the new baby!!! How absolutly wonderful! Really! And with your new eating skills you will do just fine. I bet you don't need the entire fill taken out...just most of it and it will still help! I pray you only crave healthy foods!!!

SElaine - I read your post and so wanted you to know that I feel for you and am sorry for the problems with your band, and the money part. Wow, I know that's tuff. But, I like Sue I am so impressed with your determination to succeed. That is exactly what it will take. I always have believed that everything happens for a reason so just go with it and embrace it. I can't imagine what great things your future holds if you look that way!

Manatee - way to encourage SElaine!!! Also, my daughter had wght loss surg and had to have her gallbladder out within 6 months. They say when you loose wght fast that can happen. I am so glad it didn't happen to me. Just what I need is another scar on my tummy. I think that for my surg monday they will be cutting me there again too! Yuk!

Well, I've missed talking to you all. But, it is so good to be able to come here every day and read your posts. This site is crucial to me now. I think I will be posting when I am 80!

blessings all, Weazer

Mini...sorry for your loss. You have had enough to keep you busy with the wedding and all that goes into the planning. I hope you enjoy every minute of it and good luck with the upcoming surgery, you will be in our thoughts.

Warm Regards,

Maureen

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement! I really do appreciate you all.:smile2:

Mini,

So sorry for your loss. ((Hugs)) Good luck with the wedding and the surgery. Be sure to get lots of rest while you are off of work.

Sue,

Thanks for sharing the story of your son. He really sounds like an inspiration.

Manatee,

Have they decided yet whether or not you need surgery for your gallbladder? Take it easy, guy. You are still recovering!

Thanks you all,

I appreciate you guys! I am checking out now and don't know if I'll get to come back on the board for a few weeks. If I get near a computer I will!

I'll being thinking of you all and anxiously awaiting getting back on line.

Blessings, Weazy