Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Mischievous1...

Thank you so much for the kinda words. Sometimes I do get a little down... wishing I could see some higher numbers..but then I remember.. I didnt gain overnight... so I cant expect to lose overnight.

Went to my uncles for his annual Daytona 500 party... ate like a pig with a tape worm... but oh well... that was yesterday... today is a new day (and hopefully full of better choices!)

Here is a pic from yesterday...

th_IMG_1615.jpg

Manatee - I understand how you must feel about thinking about all the foods that you can eat now. It has been so long since I have eaten a sandwhich or a peice of pizza and experienced what it feels like to be really full. I miss it. I can't eat bread at all anymore. Melissa, I dream of a sub or a hamburger! Those days are over for me. I live on Soup and mushies. It can get really old at times. Sometimes I can get away with eating crackers if I eat them real slow but it's just not the same as a sandwhich..or did I say hambuger. O.k. I need to stop. I seem to be plateaued in the low 180's..I feel like I am sacrificing so much in the food dept but the wght loss is slowing down. I am not really sure if I will ever reach goal. I may have to settle for this wght..it is allot better than 50 pds ago.

I am a downer today. Sorry,

Weazer

Weazer...

Are you sure you're eating enough, I worry about you? Have you tracked calories? You don't want to put your body into starvation mode. I need 1000 calories of good food to keep the scales moving. If I'm eating more or less for any length of time, or if I'm not getting good protien and keeping fats down, then I'll be STUCK.

Sometimes your body just decides to hold tight and you've got to keep up the hard work and ride it out. Don't fotget to measure, sometimes the scale stops, but the body is "adjusting" and the inches are still dropping.

Sue

The last time I went snowboarding I cried for 2 reasons:

1) I was so embarrassed about my lack of ability because of my weight and....

2) I knew then that I was scheduled for my surgery and would never have to feel that shame again well..............

I went snowboarding with the family yesterday and it was awesome. My kids were saying things like..."you did not even stop once" or " every time I looked back you were right with us". This is one of my biggest NSV's to date. It is so fun to do something as a family and not be the one lagging behind or having to quit early!!! I am so proud of myself and trust me that is not something I say often (maybe not ever)!!!!

I could also get up on my board from a sitting position....before I always had to flip over (resembling a beached whale on snow) and get up on my knees first, but now I can get up the normal way. My kids however did not think that was a bid deal because they could always do it and never realized that I couldn't! Oh well...I was proud!

Also, last time nothing fit. I had to wear my thin jacket with the bottom of the zipper half way up just to go around my butt...this time same jacket with another jacket underneath and still had plenty of room and a size large snow pants! I did not want to buy the new jacket until next year when I am at goal!!!!

Thanks for listening....can you hear the excitement????

Metal...

Thats AWESOME!!!

I've been skiing since I was 8... but tried snowboarding about 5 years ago... and broke my tailbone.. I had no skill at all...and like you I believe some of it had to do with my weight... I'd love to give it another try!!

Thanks Melissa....ouch with the tail bone, I only bruised mine and it was very painful!

You should give it another try...much easier 60+ lbs lighter! Have you been skiing since your weight loss?

Metal..

Nope..sure havent. My daughter went with her youth group a couple of weeks ago and loved it. We would like to make a family trip up to the mountains for the day....but it may have to wait until next year..

yeah, you would think with all that extra cushion my rear would have been well protected!! HAHA!! oh, I was a MESS! It happened up in Killington, VT... I had to drive 8 hours home laying on my side!

Weazer...

Are you sure you're eating enough, I worry about you? Have you tracked calories? You don't want to put your body into starvation mode. I need 1000 calories of good food to keep the scales moving. If I'm eating more or less for any length of time, or if I'm not getting good protien and keeping fats down, then I'll be STUCK.

Sometimes your body just decides to hold tight and you've got to keep up the hard work and ride it out. Don't fotget to measure, sometimes the scale stops, but the body is "adjusting" and the inches are still dropping.

Sue

Sue,

Thanks for caring. I don't really count calories...I don't know if I'm eating enough or not. But, I know for sure i am not getting the nutrician that I need to be getting. I can't eat most fruits or vegetables anymore..and I can't eat breads (ww) I am living off of whatever Soup they serve each day in the cafeteria..then when I go home for dinner, I'll usually open a can of soup..or if I have some frozen casserole in the freezer. I make them usually each weekend and freeze bowls of them. I have to make them really creamy so that they will go down. That means lots of cheese. I do try and drink, skim milk each day. But my skin is really taking a hit. It is drying out at a temendous rate. I am getting back on a candy track again too. chocolate melts so good in my mouth and goes down easy. This is not good nutrition. I know it and I've got to do something about it. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a green or red vegetable. I can't remember that last time I had fruit either..unless I count that cup of applesauce the other night.

Weazer

metalband - I know it's been forever since I've been on the boards but life has been busy! I just got back from a three day ski trip. i have been skiing all my life but I got a tell you, 74 pounds makes a world of difference!!! Last year my size 20 ski suit was so tight that I would need a crane to get back up if I fell. This year I couldn't even wear it cuz it was so big so I switched my sister for her size 18 but it was still so baggy that my husband was like . . .that looks silly. I pulled out some old snow pants that were my sons that hadn't fit me in several years and they looked like baggy snowboarding pants but that's what I ended up wearing. I have a one piece from eons ago that is size 14-16 and I can get it zipped but it was snug. What a treat to be able to walk in my boots without getting out of breath. I could bend over and buckle them without having to unzip my one piece. Getting up was a piece of cake and I could ski all day and not get tired. I remembered why I love skiing!!!

The best news is I came home and found that I had dropped another pound and a half. Yea! I am trying to eat more to lose more also. It sounds backwards but Sue is right about your body shutting down and not losing if you don't get enough calories. I am trying to be okay with 2-3 pounds a month. Heck, that's how it went on so it makes sense that it will come off the same way. ski happy!!

Weazer...

Do you drink protien shakes at all? These are not the Meal Replacement like slimfast, though that is an opion. These are shakes that you might get in a healthfood store like Super Supliments or GNC. Bodybuilders use them, they are high in pritien low in claories. I have one for Breakfast every morning. You can get flavors like icecream and blend friut (like berries) into them. My favorite is Champion Nutrition whey ini chocolate. My doc insists (infact he wants us to have 3 a day).

Sue

Sue - Funny you should say that...after I sent the post...I looked up at my tiny refridge I have in my office and I noticed my whey Protein Powder on top of it. So, I made one up and decided I should do that every morning. I admit. I havn't been eating Breakfast at all. Mostly because everything they have on the breakfast bar comes back up. So I pushed the powder to the front where I will see it every morning. I just got back from lunch...instead of getting the frozen yougert that goes down so easy...I made myself get some Soup (o.k.) it was creamy asparagus...but I also got a small bowl of soy Beans that I was able to nibble on and I forced myself to eat one half of a canned peach (yuk) and a big bite of watermelon. I used to like this stuff so much. but, boy have I become a picky eater since the band. I am determined to get the right amount of nutriction in. I am working on a big glass of Water right now. Thanks for the encouragement.

Wenjea - So glad that you are living a fabulouse life now!

Blessings, Weazer