Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey ladies (and guys...not sure if we have any guys.. but anyway..)

Get this one... I got a call today for an interview.. you'll never guess who.. Haha...yup.. the SAME fraud position I interviewed for a few days ago... When I interviewed for it before it was via a temp placement agency (the position is temp to perm)... this interview is directly with the bank!! Ugh.. wish me LUCK.. LOTS OF LUCK!!! I NEED IT DESPERATELY!!! The interview is this Friday!

Yes, Seven Jeans (also known as Seven for all mankind) are wonderful.. but are a little pricey..they are made with women who have curves.. they range from small to plus sizes..and LB does carry them.

Melissa,

WISH YOU LUCK....WISH YOU LUCK.....WISH YOU LOTS OF LUCK!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you on Friday!!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/204c/165g

Thank you Sandra!

I finally picked up my wedding gown today.

Another NSV... I have to go to the jewelery store in the next couple of days to have my engagement ring and my wedding band resized.. I can now fit my ring on my thumb!! haha..

I've made the yummiest lunch ... cup of FF refried Beans, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, couple squirts of hot sauce and a dab of sour cream! mmm...and about 20g of protein!

Go Melissa! See what I mean?? *thinks good thoughts*

ragdoll said:

I went to a support group last night that had the potential to be a really good thing but one loud mouthed know it all ruined it for everyone else. I have never been so irritated in all my life. I wont say much more for fear of her seeing this!

ragdoll, amazingly i had an almost identical experience at my local support group last night! The only difference is that there were at least FOUR loud mouths. I mean, while I can appreciate their enthusiasm, how can they be so rude and apparently not even realize it! I came home from the group and hubby asked how it went and I just said TERRIBLE! The group leader just kind of sat with her mouth hanging open. Not that I blame her. She couldn't exactly tell them to shut up, and anything less...they didn't even hear! I don't even know if I'll go back until I've graduated to the "banded for over 6 months" group.

I am going to e-mail the people in charge of the support group and tell them they need to be able to take more control of the group when there is someone like that in it. We didnt even make it around the room introducing our selves and our band date because of this downer chic! I will probably give it one more chance but I wont sit through the whole meeting if this girl runs everyone else!

Sorry yours had 4 people like that, I cannot even imagine!

I have not had this happen to me in a while!!! I gained 2 pounds!!! I am not happy today........its not time for TOM. I did everything I usually do.....drink Water, protein!!!! I know I shouldnt get discouraged......but it still does not make me happy....I can deal with not loosing....but gaining is a whole other mental issue!!!

Sandra

255h

242s

206c....was 204 yesterday

165 goal

Sandra,

This happens to me a lot. No matter what the scale says I only put my lowest recent weight on my weight charts. I will stay one steady weight for a while, and some times go up a pound or two and then over a few days drop 5 pounds at once.

Dont get discouraged. Its normal for everyones weights to fluctuate a few pounds. Just remember its not going to keep going up and up like it did before :confused: I bet you are weighing every day too (I know because I do)!

jsrico!!!

im like that! I am a 'supergainer'...i can gain ten lbs in a week without realizing if im not vigilant. But listen..the two lbs...I dont know how to say this delicately but...i had this happen to me last week, and it turns out id been....im just gonna say it..constipated ...and didnt realize it.

Metimuscil!!!!

It really helps. Once i got that out of the way, i found id not only gotten down to the wieght i was before but had lost two more lbs.

that..and i upped my workout routine a bit. (thirty on the treadmill is a tried and true and i can do it even when i dont feel like doing the rest)

I KNOW the frustration you feel. I am losing SO slowly, and im keeping track and exercising.

Sandra, maybe you haven't been doing this, but my tip for scale trauma is...don't weigh very often! Sorry, I just had to say it.

Ragdoll, it sounds like your one person in the group was as bad as my 4 put together. It really was insane and I've thought about making a call. The first person with a question hadn't had surgery yet and asked about insurance. Well, by the time those 4 or 5 got done with the subject the woman who asked it actually APOLOGIZED for asking it! Oh and I forgot to mention there was also another woman who was new in town and to the group and really thought she should be leading it! Wehn we were in rows and she had something to say, she would turn completely around and address everyone, in a stern manner I might add. She knew everything! Then after the break when the leader had placed the chairs in a circle, sure enough, there she was right next to her facing the group from the front.

The leader is such a kind person, I hate to say anything, but seriously, if it keeps me from going back it needs to be addressed. I couldn't have been the only one. One woman who has been going since April and is there every week let out a big sigh just before we got on the elevator. I asked if she was all right and she said she was just tired, but I think I know why!

Sorry to go on about this, but did I mention it was terrible? :-)

Hey Everyone!

It has been a few day since I logged on. Work has been crazy. I have had a few weeks of crazy head hunger. This has sure taught me that I am a BIG stress eater. I have good restriction and cannot eat very much, which is great. I am able to get in all of my Protein, and that is without using shakes. I just miss my comfort food. Does anyone else feel this way? I am finding other things to replace food. I do not sit in front of the TV much, find that is when I want to snack the most. It has been so hot here (over 100 some days) which makes walking not fun. I know I need to find a gym.

Oh, and my scales have not moved in over a week. BOOO HOOO

Sandra I understand gaining, I will put on a few pounds, then drop five. Water gain I guess.

Hello all,

I am catching up from last friday.

Melissa - About that Hair loss. I have heard that it is pretty common to lose allot of hair up to six months after surg. It is the anesthsia that is the problem. It dosn't happen to everyone. Also if you are not getting enough Protein. Also, good luck on the job interview and I must say those refried Beans sound so good! I want some for lunch!

Raysbabe - 38 pds without a fill is fantastic. The statistics are that 10% of us won't even need a fill to lose the weight. I am on the other side (the 90% that need a fill)! You are a babe! I bet your haircut is adorable.

Leg - Congrads on the two pds..isn't it great to see the scale move down!

Sandra - My sister went from 175 to 125 (she is only 5'3) and her best friends (both skinny) abandoned her. I guess they liked to be around her fat and felt threatened or didn't like not being the center of attention anymore. It hurt my sister so bad. After all, they had been friends since teenagers (25 yrs or so). So people can be like that. Also, Sandra, I hope you don't mind my advice...don't weigh everyday. It will really discourage you. Trust me on that. I was doing the same thing for awhile and it would really get me depressed. Weekly will be good.

Cindy - I'm with you. I am dreading my last child going off to college. Thank the Lord I still have 5 yrs left with her. I love every moment that she is at home driving me crazy! Course, I had my last kid at 36, so I know how fast it really goes. My oldest is 25!

Well, Y'all have a wonderful day. I am afraid to get on the scale. I have been very bad for a couple of days. Having some stress's like broken car...etc. Trying to learn not to eat emotionally. Today, I intend to get back on track. Two eggs for Breakfast.< /p>

Blessings, Weazer

Laura,

Lastnight I had an argument with someone on the phone, as soon as I hung up my thoughts were... what can I go get to eat?? Sheesh! It made me sick to be thinking that way. I looked in the fridge and there was cake... I just didnt want to take the chance of getting sick. So I went to the store and got a Lemonade Propel (yumm!!!).

So yes I must confess to being an emotional eater as well. I am finding other ways of treating myself when I am feeling emotional - bubble gum, a good beverage, stuff like that.

TO ALL,

You are all right!!! I am a obsessive weigher!!!! LOL!!! I weigh in the morning.....I weigh after work....I weigh before bed!!! I wish I could say I would only weigh ONCE a week....but I would be lying to you guys!!! LOL!!!

Lizrbit, I would blame it on that....but I have been sooooo regular that I have a hard time believing it. I usually am not.....so I always blame weight gain on that but this week I deserve a prize for that!!! LOL

Laura,

I am prepared for Water gain....I take a diuretic every night to take care of all that water that I drink!!!

Legster and Mini,

I know I shouldnt weigh every day but I am crazy and obsessive about everything!!! Maybe I should throw my scales away!! I hav 3 in the house!!! See I told ya I was a little crazy!!! LOL!!! If I did that then I would be at the Walgreens at 8 am weighing on there scales....and at 9 pm!! LOL

Sandra

255h/242s/206c/165g

Thank you, Mini!

Well, I went in for my first fill yesterday (8-14-07). I drove an hour and a half to get there and my doc was so happy with my progress that he decided not to give me a fill......so here I am still fill-less :confused: His exact words were, "I don't want to rock the boat". I'm okay with it since I already have so much restriction anyway. It would actually be great if I NEVER had to get a fill.....not getting my hopes up though!

About the loud mouths at support.....I had the same thing actually happen at the seminar I went to.....it was sooooooo annoying. I couldn't wait to get out of there! I don't even go to my groups now since I have this forum.....so grateful for you all and your support!!!!!

good luck on your interview melissa o!