Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Sandra and Melissa, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Some people are only happy when their "friends" are miserable. I don't get it. It just must be jealousy. Oh well, as sad as this sounds, you're better off without them. You sound like great people and you don't need Mean so called "friends" to drag you down and make you feel bad.

Keep up the positive attitudes! We're rooting for you!

Cindy

wow- Melissa and Sandra- sorry that yall are getting negative feedback from your friends and family.

On the whole, I've been lucky- the only person who hasn't been complimentary is my older brother- he is heavy and I don't know why he isn't happy for me. It's his issue, not mine.

Oy- anyone go on vacation and have a hard time getting back on the band wagon? I was not as good on vacation as I usually am (too many evil yet wonderful carbs) and my head hunger this week is killing me.

agchick, isnt that strange?

I worry that i wont get a fill this next visit (here in about 11 days). I fly down from northern maine to south texas. I have a great surgeon and nutritionalist ive kept in contact with, but one week i'll be loose and have to struggle with losing or maintaining wieght...then i start my TOM and bingo! im snug as it can get.

My losing has been soooooo slooooowwww, and i EXCERCISE!!!

How did you find out you had a leak?

Ginger,

My surgeon found my leak by my third fill, three months after my initial banding. at the time, i had no restriction and he could not pull out any of the Fluid hed put in previously. id been keeping track of my intake via FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and there was no way i should have been able to eat the amounts of foods id been eating. My surgeon has a 'trick' he uses sometimes where he fills you up all the way, so that you can feel what restriciton feels like, then back you down from there (he has you drink Water quickly to see where your spot is)...and after three attempts, i still offered no restriction even after i was supposed to be all the way full. Most surgeons can also tell via flouriscope if you have a fill. If its a small fill around the port, which is more common, they can fix it with replacing your fill with omnipaque, a thicker liquid that is still saline based. its much more difficult to draw out though.

my leak was in the top of my band, and i was my surgeons first one out of over four thousand surgeries.

My daughter is slowly getting used to being away from home. Yesterday afternoon she called everyone in the family to try to get an OK to come home early (her grandparents foot the bill for her trip which was quite expensive)... and after talking to one of the advisors on the trip she has a whole new attitude... not sure what they said to her.. but she seems a whole lot better now! Makes me happy too..

I weighed in this morning at 204!!!! I am getting closer to ONEDERLAND!!!! God help me get there!!!

Melissa,

Things will work out.......your daughter will start having fun.....and you will be at ease with the whole situation. Just think that when she gets home she is gonna be so greatfull for having you and vice versa!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/204c/165g

Thank you Sandra.. you're right...

WOW.. 204!! You're SO close!! I bet in a week you'll be there!! I cant wait to be where you are now!

Ragdollx19,

Seven Jeans are just a brand...........Like Guess or Tommy Hilfiger, Polo, Levis......just more trendy and more expensive. They fit amazing....makes you look shapley in all the right areas!!! If you ever have a chance try a pair on.......you will sooooo want to buy them.

Sandra

255h/242s/204c/165g

NSV for me!! I managed to easily put on a NON-stretchy pair of NON-Lane Bryant pants in my closet. They look fabulous as long as I am standing up J Sitting in them is not pretty or bearable but it will come with time. I was just happy to be able to put them on without tugging or sucking my gut in!

I went to a support group last night that had the potential to be a really good thing but one loud mouthed know it all ruined it for everyone else. I have never been so irritated in all my life. I wont say much more for fear of her seeing this!

It's that time of year when all the college kids are heading back. I am sending my son and his new wife to Pittsburgh on Thursday for four years of Dental school. It's a long way across from here in Washington, the state. He is my third to get married and move away from home so I am actually looking forward to reducing the number of people in my house. I will miss them both but am excited for their new life to start.

I spent the last week of vacation with my sister-in-law and her family who are all very athletic and body normal and not once did she say anything about my weight loss. How could you not notice almost 50 pounds gone! Everyone else seems to be able to see it. She did ask me about the Protein Shakes but I just told her I was trying to be more healthy. I said something to my husband about it and he said maybe she didn't think I was that big to start with. Right! I notice if my friends gain 10 pounds . . . .I would notice if they lost 48 pounds!!!!

Some of the best support I've gotten is from people who don't have a weight problem but in this case I think it was something they could hold on to as 'I'm better then you' and make themselves feel better. If I lose my weight then they don't have that to hold over me which really means they are pretty insecure in the first place to need that. So what I'm saying is when people around you aren't supportive of your weight loss then it's their problem not yours, they are messed up not you, and we just need to show them a little grace. I'm sure glad she doesn't know about the surgery though!

I got my second fill yesterday, .5cc and I really mind the two days of liquid I have to do. Seems pretty minor though considering the weeks we had to do it after surgery. Can't wait for the fall schedule to kick in so I can get some order back in my life with the kids back in school. Yea school!!!

Wenjea,

You are doing awsome girl!!! 48 lbs lost since May 17th!!! You go girl!!! I bet you feel great!!!! Make sure you give yourself a treat for all your hard work. Once I hit 199 I am gonna start getting my nails done. I have clothes in all sizes so I havent shopped much....I did by a pair of jeans on sale size 16 and a top size 14.....oooohh and a dress size LARGE....no X in front of it!!! As soon as I hit 190 I will for some fun clothes!!

Sandra

255h/242s/204 c