Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I had my band on May 17 and so far I have lost 60 lbs and I have 3 fills however the last I had problems the band was to tight and had to go the hospital to have one cc removed so as of now I have had 6cc in put in my band. I did have to buy new cloths because I am starting a new job in a week and don't want to walk in looking frumpy once they get to know me they will realize that I am loosing and will understand the state of my loose cloths

Hi Linda...welcome!

Manatee, I think the liquid diet might be just the thing. I've decided that's exactly what I'll do if/when I hit a plateau. If you try it, be sure to let us know the results!

Welcome Linda!

Manatee....are you losing inches??? I know that when the scale is not moving fast enough I still feel like I am losing. Did you take any measurements??

Okay, I had my second fill Monday. I went from 1.6cc's with little restriction to 1.8cc's and can not eat much at all. Yesterday I had 4oz. yogurt, 1 slice of turkey lunchmeat, 1 slice cheese, 5 sunchips. What is the difference in a sweet spot and starvation? On the flip side I have lost 4 lbs. since Monday.

Do you all remember this list? I thought it might be fun to look at how much of this we have accomplished already. Or at least how much has gotten better so far. We are all doing great.

One of the songs I listen to while I am at the gym is "unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield (I think). It is a great motivator! As well as "SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake.

A list of all the reasons I would like to lose 100 lbs.

1. to be able to bend over and tie my shoes and breathe at the same time

2. to lose my apron (if you know what I mean, say Amen)

3. to stop giving Lane Bryant so much money

4. to be active with my kids

5. to feel like being more "active" with my husband

6. to set a better example for my kids

7. to not always be the largest person in the room

8. so all of my pant will no longer have those lovely worn spots where my thighs rub

9. To wear a skirt and not get a rash on my thighs

10. to be able to cross my legs

11. to be able to pass by someone and not feel like my huge @ss is gonna knock them over

12. to wear "cute" undies again... shop at Victoria's Secret again! (no more granny panties)

13. so I don't have to suck my stomach in all the time.

14. So I won't have to constantly be re-arranging my clothes to make sure all of my lumps and bumps are covered appropriately.ponder.gif

15. so I can fit comfortably in an airplane seat

16. So I won't have to wear a full-length trench coat to the beach

(exaggeration, but you get what I mean)

17. So when I want to walk at lunch with the girls, I can keep up with

them and not feel self-conscsious because I'm breathing heavier than

they are.

18. So I can give myself a pedicure!

19. not be ashamed to be in a FULL LENGTH picture!

20. So I can ride roller coasters.

21. To maybe be able to wear a sexy nightie for my hubbie and look good in it.....

22. To be able to wear a pair of jeans that zip and not be pull-ons

23. So I will be willing to have my picture taken again.

24. Dance again, it wears me out right now.

25. Play with my children till I can't play anymore.

26. Scuba Dive, waterski, volleyball, hiking

27. Look cute in clothes.

28. Be more outgoing and confident.

29. Be comfortable with this body to show it off a little.

30. Have a glamour shots session.

31. Lay out on the boat in a bikini while cruising the lake.

32. I want to be able to tuck in a shirt again....I know its not the style but I still would like to have the option.

33. I want to walk up stairs and be able to talk when I get to the top.

34. I want to live long enough to drive my kids crazy and spoil the grandkids!

35. Enjoying snowboarding, wakeboarding and hiking without it feeling like a chore.

36. To be in pictures and not hide behind someone (like that helps).

37. I want to get out of bed without the feeling of rolling out of bed.

38. Dance at parties.....in a dress!!! OMG

39. I would like to be able to hug my husband real close without my big belly getting in the way.

40. I want to be able to buy a 'girlie' souvenier t-shirt when I go to theme parks, carnivals, shows, etc... instead of boxy tee shirts because those are the only ones that fit.

41. Shopping in "normal" stores. Avenue gets OLD!

42. Having normal looking backs of my knees (odd I know)

43. Doing things with my kids without guilt or worry that I will injure myself or get too tired.

44. Feeling good about myself

45. riding dirt bikes and my dh's motorcycle

46. being able to go go more than 2 minutes on a stairmaster without stopping

47. being able to use step stools and chairs without worrying they will break

48. In case of emergency, I want to be able to go into a normal sized clothing store and buy whatever I need. And one more -

49. When I go on vacation and forget to pack something, again to be able to go into a store and not have to worry if they will have something in my size!

50. I want to be able to go clothes shopping without getting depressed.

I want to be able to ride Roller Coasters with my family.

51. To not freak out when the waiter wants to put you in a booth. Am I gonna fit?!?

52. All the good clearance clothes are in small sizes

53. To not be the fat one in all family pictures.

54. To not be so stinkin tired and achy all of the time.

55. To have a lap for my daughter to sit in again!

56. To get into and out of a canoe or kayak gracefully and without fear of sinking the vessel!

57. To sit in a chair with arms and not fear it will come with when you stand up!nervous.gif

58. To quit having to stretch my shirt over my knees while squatting, just so it hangs a little looser (and then have trouble getting back up!)

59. So the top of my pants stop flipping over, because my belly is so big and lops over the top.

60. So the bed will stop making noise when I get in.

61. So I can stop putting powder under my "apron" everyday.

62. To be "active" with my hubby during the day or with the lights on and not freak out about it the whole time.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->63. I want my WHOLE BODY to stop moving when I stop moving (not 2-3 seconds later when I stop j i g g l i n g)..

64. I want to be able to shower without having to *ahem* 'lift' any body parts for cleaning. :-)

65. to have more hot Water & my honey in the bath (less of me), really tired of sloshing water out when I get in

66.<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> I want to be able to shave and not have any missed spots because I couldnt reach or see it.....<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

67. I'd like to be able to garden again w/out my back killing me!

68. I'd like to have room in a booth to put my napkin in my lap.

69. I'd like to be able to enter a room and not have to scope it out see all exits and paths with enough room for me to go through.

Hey there! I got banded on 05/10/07 and had a fill about a month ago. He only put in 1cc and between now and then, i actually feel like I ate more then before and don't feel like i lost anything at all. I have an appointment later today for my 3 month eval. and he said possibly another fill, which i think i will beg him for, but i have only lost like 30 lbs or so...is that bad? i really feel like i need to lose more, i am sick of being stuck at this non-significant weight lose...Oh well, only time will tell, right? Anyway...just thought i would get other peoples thoughts on this one...

Later...:)

Mantee,

I got stuck too....around 25 lbs. I pumped up the Protein Shakes and made sure I had 64 oz of Water. Eat everything that has Protein....tuna w/ egg, chicken salad w/ egg. Fish is high in protein!!! Try not to do a lot of carbs. I finally go the scale to move.....so I cancelled my fill and I am steady loosing!!!! You can do it.....just focus on Protein and water!!!! Make sure you do some kind of excercise....a walk is just fine!!! Keep us informed!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Sandra

255h/242s/206c/165g

Lady Lana,

You are doing great!!! 39 lbs is a lot in 3 months!!! Remember just because we got the band....we are not gonna be thin tommorrow!!! I feel that way too......I eat less, move more....The weight should be melting off!! I took us years to get big.....it will take time to get small again. Dont get discouraged......just do what your suppost to. Eat your protein......eat regualar meals.....drink, drink water......and move your body!!! You can do it!! 30 pounds is A LOT!!!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT GIRL!!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/206c/165g

Linda!

Wow!! Congrats on the 60 lbs gone for ever!!!! YEA Linda!! I bet you feel wonderfull!!! Inches, pounds I will take either one!!! LOL!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Sandra

255h/242s/206c/165g

Twinn Mommy,

Are you still hungry after you eat???? Your not suppost feel hungry after you eat. Is it head hunger???? Are you drinking 64 oz of water....eating Protein? ??

Sandra

255h/242s/206c/165g

I went through the same thing. I went from 2 cc to 2.5 cc and could barely eat anything for almost 2 weeks. Just yesterday I have been able to eat w/o any problems.

Thanks! That's what everyone says, it takes time! I know i don't drink enough Water, i am not thirsty so i feel like i am forcing it and I walk a lot...But you are right! I just need to step up my game again...get more focused and motivated...Thanks!!!

Hello all.

I had my fill just yesterday but am still feeling a bit discouraged today. I think it is because a friend emailed me the pictures that she had taken on our vacation a week or so ago with all of my friends. All I could focus on was how fat my face looks. I am trying to pull out of this slump. I know I will lose the weight but am just having a bummed out moment. But, my body looked much better in the photos. I think when I smile so big for the pictures..it makes a big double chin. That's the answer! No more big smiles!!!!!! See, I am making myself lol.

Lana, 39 pds is fantastic! You should be proud! I am still at the 24 pds loss. I had a fill yesterday so hope I will start to lose soon.

Agchick, I noticed from my first fill that it didn't kick in for about a week. I have heard that some of the saline stays in the tubing so it takes awhile to shake it all down into the port area. I ate a whole steak last night. I took tiny bites and chewed really really good. But, I bet by next week I will be eating alot less.

Sandra, thanks for your positive posts. They are up lifting.

Weazer