Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I have 9cc's in a 10cc band. Definently feel restriction but can eat more the cup of food my Dr had hoped for. I cannot overeat though like I used to. A binge may last 3 minutes where before it lasted 3 hours.

I think it is the help I need...

Just wanted to stop in and say congrats to all the recent posts. Sounds like we are living up to our A-Mazing names!!

Congrats on your NSV. twinmommy! You are so right about men not noticing. Or if they do they don't speak out. I know that had to make you feel really good and it probably translated into resolve to lose more!

I had another NSV yesterday that had been happening for a while, but it just wasn't registering. My skinny hubby always leaves the steering wheel tilted down when he gets out of the family vehicle because it's no problem for him to get out with it that way. I used to silently curse him :-) every time I got into the car. Now I can get in with it tilted down! Wooohoo!

Your right NSV's do give me more resolve to stay the course! It is when the scale does not move that I get discouraged.

One thing I have figured oout about my body is that for about two weeks my weight will stay the same and then the next two weeks I will lose about 10 lbs. That has happened to me the last two months. I am not sur if it is because I do the eliptical for an hour each day and lift weights everyday. I was looking on my paper and my trainer said to only lift twice a week. I am so scared of being flabby and having loose skin everywhere that I lift weights all the time. Even when I am not losing weight I can tell my clothes are changing on my body.

Another question............what are all of you doing with the clothes you can't wear anymore? I wish there was some way we could form a swap or something. I thought about ebay, but I have not done it yet.

I'm bundling all my outsized clothes and dumping them in the clothing bins outside of Lowes. I figure someone needs them far more than I need the garage sale money.

I go out and buy 3 pairs of slacks on sale, and when they get too baggy I repeat the process.

One thing I have noticed is that my shirts are so baggy that my bra straps show sometimes. I was thinking I could wear my shirts longer. Not that I am complaining. I am just not use to this problem, usually it is the other way around.

Hi all..

So, my 3rd fill had to be canceled due to a major flood in the office.. not sure what happened.... so they told me to call back later this week or next week... I called.. they are still not taking calls for appointments! UGH! I feel restriction.. but not enough..I'm thinking just a tad bit more and I'll be at this sweet spot everyone talks about!

I was out of town visiting the future in laws.. did ALOT of walking and now my future brother in law, who is 15 is visiting for a week and we're planning alot of day trips.. MORE WALKING. At least I'm able to get the exercise in!

I had an interview today... I'm really hoping to get this job.. its working with credit card fraud.. something I did for 4+ years and loved. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME!!

Funny you should mention the clothes, the back of my minivan is full to the brim with all the clothes I cleaned out of my closet last week. I haven't cleaned out my closet in YEARS...too depressing to get rid of clothes I was too big to wear. It's certainly alot easier to get rid of clothes that are too BIG!!! I'm in my smallest sized clothes now, so when I've shrunk out of them I get to by some new clothes!!! I've already decided not to buy anything expensive, as I figure I'm "just passing through" right!?!

You can't see me, but I'm doing a little "happy dance" in my chair at work...hope no one walks in...LOL

And yes, I'm surprised at the shirts that don't fit. The T-shirts that I used to stretch before I put them on are too big!!!

It's so cool to have someone to share these things with, you just can't understand unless you're living it too...Yippee for us all!!! :)

I saw my Primary care Doc. today.....I had blood work a couple of days ago....she was pleased that my cholesterol had dropped from 255 to 220 and that I had lost 33 pounds. She was totally against me having lap band.....so she had no clue that I had it done. So I had to tell her...she always examines my tummy!!!! She said to make sure and follow "the lap band diet" so I dont have complications later on. She is sure that if I loose another 20 pounds my cholesterol will be normal and I will be able to get off my blood pressure medicine. YEA!!! I have been taked BP medicine for 5 yrs now!!!! I lost another pound...weighed in at 209!!

Sandra

255h/242s/209c/165g

Sandra, I'm glad she didn't give you any grief over it. Maybe you can change her mind on the subject! :-) Congrats on the pound! They add up, as I am seeing!

Goodmorning, I have posted a few times, I am a Junie bander, but like to read your thread as well, we are all so close and it helps to read your experiences.

sue11 I understand your feelings of willpower and not feeling restriction. I finally had my first fill on Tuesday after 7 weeks, 5cc in my 10cc band. I feel hardly any difference. I can feel some things moving through, but they go right through, no issues. I did not want to pbing or slime every bite, but I wanted to feel something and be restricted from some foods!

4re4me you are almost all full, what did the doctor say, can you have 10cc in a 10cc band? How are you feeling now? I was hoping not to have to have more than 2 fills, but I might have to get this much too.

twinmommy WOW great weight loss, you are doing a great job. One of the hospitals here that has a weight loss clinic( not the one I went to) has a clothes exchange one time a month. Maybe that would be something available near you. I will suggest this at my support group this month.

I have been buying clothes on clearance, so I don't feel like I am investing in clothes I won't be wearing long. I bought two shirts,I think to big to begin with and now I will have to give them away, like you they hang and my bra shows... a good feeling!

thanks for listening.

Hey guys- I need a little bit of sense talked into me. I am pretty sure that I need to have a slight unfil, but my vanity is getting in the way of my senses. I had my 3rd fill about a month ago. I knew within the first week that I was way too tight. I could not keep anything down. I could barely even get a Protein Drink down- it was too thick. I have managed to stick to liquids and thin mushies. I have tried to introduce solids, and sometimes I can get them down, but sometimes I just can't. I know that I am not eating enough and that I should get some fill removed, but I can't bring myself to get it out. For the first time in years I am finally seeing my weight drop and I am afraid that if I unfil any amount that the loss will stop. I have convinced myself that vomiting once in a while is better than not losing weight or even worse- gaining. I am supposed to go back on the 16th. Anyone else out there having problems with too much of a fill?

Tami,

I think you need to go get an unfill. It's not healthy to be vomiting.

Yes, I had a similar problem. 3 1/2 weeks after surgery I had to go in for an unfill. I could barely get liquids down, much less move on to mushies or solids. It was a relief. After the unfill, I felt better and could eat normally. It has not slowed my weight loss. I was banded 5-21 and have lost around 56 pounds.

Hey guys- I need a little bit of sense talked into me. I am pretty sure that I need to have a slight unfil, but my vanity is getting in the way of my senses. I had my 3rd fill about a month ago. I knew within the first week that I was way too tight. I could not keep anything down. I could barely even get a Protein drink down- it was too thick. I have managed to stick to liquids and thin mushies. I have tried to introduce solids, and sometimes I can get them down, but sometimes I just can't. I know that I am not eating enough and that I should get some fill removed, but I can't bring myself to get it out. For the first time in years I am finally seeing my weight drop and I am afraid that if I unfil any amount that the loss will stop. I have convinced myself that vomiting once in a while is better than not losing weight or even worse- gaining. I am supposed to go back on the 16th. Anyone else out there having problems with too much of a fill?

Do you realize that excessive vomiting can cause your band to slip? Then it's back to surgery...

It really does sound to me like you need an unfill. I had to do that right after my first fill. Went back 2 weeks later and had some taken out. I felt much better. You'll still lose weight, but you'll be doing it the right way.

Best of luck!