Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hi Metalband,

I feel the same way. I did really weel the first few weeks. So far I have lost 30 lbs. and it's been 6 weeks, but 2 of those weeks I haven't lost anything. I exercise regularly and eat how I am supposed to, but nothing happens. I haven't had a fill either. I won't get one until the 25th of July. My dr. is out of town. I don't really feel like a need fill really. I don't get super hungry, most of it's mental hunger.

I am very frustrated at this point and feel like I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I am not that excited about the fill but if it moves the scale, I will be happy.

Hi Julie, Thanks for the encouraging words, we all need them. You are doing Awesome yourself. Yes my weight loss is showing in my face also. I'm looking to loosing the double double chins. LOL As for the rest of the body I hope it all follows suit. My doctors goal for me is is 170. but I'd like to go down to 140 with a 10# hi or lo so thus my 130 goal. We'll see how it goes. I know what you mean about un-proportioned. So numbers can always be changed I figure I'll know when I get there. LOL. Good Luck and God Speed.

Sheila

I'm a May bandster without a fill too...:think And I know that I NEED one! I am scheduled to see my surgeon on Thursday, but it's not a guarantee for a fill according to his Nurse Practioner. I can EAT, and then EAT some more! I haven't put any weight on, however I am not losing as I had been. And dammit, I am hungry--not just the mental kind, but the deep tummy growls kind. :hungry:

Metal--you are not alone! And it's my TOM too, double the curses!! MPatrizzi--good for you not to feel like you need the restriction.

My nutrition clinic did say that sometimes you need to "up" your intake to lose...so maybe taking in a few more calories will boost the metabolism & make that scale MOVE!

I guess we just have to hang in there! I don't want to ruin the hard work that I have accomplished so far! Keep on trying!

I am with you on the deep hunger pains, but I have not given in. I am scared to up the calories because it is a slippery slope. I do not want my old habits back. Once TOM is gone (sorry Tom) maybe the scale will move. I am going on vacation this week and I do not want to undo everything I have worked hard for!! I guess not gaining on vacation would be a plus because pre-band I would most definitely gain!!!

Good luck and thanks for the response.

Am I the only one banded in May that does not have a fill yet??? I go on July 19th and I cannot wait. I have not lost a pound in 3 weeks. (it is my tom and I hope the scale moves when tom is gone) I am not eating anything bad....I have only cheated once with pizza, other than that it has been healthy foods. I am exercising pretty regularly but not doing good on the Water. I do get hungry, especially in the evening but I have not had one morsel after dinner. I thought with the amount of food I used to eat vs what I am eating now, I would be losing something!!!!

Should I go back to shakes for a few days??? I was really losing during the liquid stage. I feel like I am losing, my clothes are bigger and some people have noticed but the darn scale is stuck!

Sorry for the rant....I will blame it on TOM!!!

GRRR... TOM...... its knocking on my door too!!! ;)

Hi Mellissa , Nope your not alone I was banded May 29, And my fill is on May 17. I'm in band purgatory, and so are you. LOL I have't lost any weight since a week afyer surgery so your in good company. Hang in there, And keep writing it helps some how . talk soon, Sheila

Julie!

You are doing great!!!! YEA JULIE!! I am sooooo excited about having a JAW line!!! I have lost most of my weight in my face and in my boobs! My bra doesnt work anymore....so I had to get new ones. I was wearing a tight 46 DD, and I bought a new one about two weeks ago, because my boobs were looking sooooo sad, they needed some kind of lift. I bought a 40 D. and I can already tell this will be too big too in a month or so. I really would like to loose more of it in my belly, I know I am smaller around the middle because of the way my pants fit, but I still would like to loose more in the middle!LOL I also love the fact that my thighs dont rub as much as they used too!!! Now I am not saying there is a space now down there...just a little more room!!!LOL!!

Sandra

High 255

surgery 242

current 220

goal under 200

I got my second fill today. I hope it lasts longer than the first one did. The Water (saline I guess) dissappeared out of it. I had 1.5 cc. for the first fill but the nurse said there was only .08 left in it. Now I have 2 cc. in a 4 cc band.

I got my second fill today too. I am down 22lbs total. It will be two months tomorrow. My first fill didn't last a week. I am worried about being too tight this time. I think all the "talk" (from the nurse & doctor, not you all!) about being too tight may just have me worried. I don't do very well during a fill. I hate drinking the Water and then being asked all those questions. I am not a good decision maker and I am afraid of making the wrong one! Maybe this fill will last longer. So far, the past two months I have been going on willpower A LOT! I am ready for a little help from the band!!!

We'll see how I feel in the morning!

Thanks for the reply. I am not that excited about the fill but if it moves the scale, I will be happy.

Congrats on your fill and weight loss! :clap2:How are you doing? I have lost between 47 to 49 lbs since pre-op. On my ticker(if I actually get it done), it will show 45 lost because on my b-day, I lost 45lbs by my 45th b-day and I have been trying to do that for years. :whoo: I was excited of course. :cool:

Take care and good luck on your journey!

Peace,

Judy

p.s. I was supposed to have my fill on the 7th, but had to reschedule because of finances. :(

Boy, am I sorry I asked. Thought she was talking about me....

Tom

LMAO...:cool:

Well...I guess I am an official bandster. I had my first PB yesterday and I thought I was going to die. Evil chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-A! I had eaten half of it earlier in the day for Breakfast without problems (I was very cautious and ate very small bites and chewed very well. Well at lunch decided I was going to have some of the half that was left. I decided right away that the biscuit part was too dry to eat so I took the chicken off and took a bite. Without thinking about it, I chewed only a couple of times, and I involuntarily swallowed. Felt like a flaming golf ball was stuck in my chest. I felt like I was on fire, and had pain between my shoulder blades. I tried everything--walking around, holding my arms up, bending over. Then, I started slimming and after about 10 mins finally PB'd. Let me tell you...lesson learned!! I haven't had any problems since I was banded and wasn't paying attention so I guess that was my band's way of saying "hey...remember me...you can't eat that fast!" Good gravy...I will definitely be more careful in the future!

Congrats on your fill and weight loss! :clap2:How are you doing? I have lost between 47 to 49 lbs since pre-op. On my ticker(if I actually get it done), it will show 45 lost because on my b-day, I lost 45lbs by my 45th b-day and I have been trying to do that for years. :whoo: I was excited of course. :cool:

Take care and good luck on your journey!

Peace,

Judy

p.s. I was supposed to have my fill on the 7th, but had to reschedule because of finances. :(

Judy...its good to hear from you!! Happy 45th birthday and weight loss, that is terrific. You must feel great!! I get a fill in a couple of weeks and I think I really need it. I am not overeating, just not losing like in the beginning but I still feel much better than before, more energy etc.

Happy 4th and Peace2u2.

Hello EVERYONE!!! I haven't been on here since my surgery on May 8th! I've been entirely too busy. I am SO happy with my decision to go through with it. I am losing SLOWLY... 11 lbs in 8 weeks, but I am fine with it as long as the scale keeps going down! Plus, it's so suttle that I am not getting a lot of unwanted attention and questions from ppl. People closest to me at work - as well as other family and frineds know, but I don't think it's wise to tell everyone because some ppl still have a mentality that it is dangerous and "I know this new diet..." etc.... I have lost more inches than pounds. My doctor said that when he put the lap band on it was loose to he started it with 2 cc's (he usually doesn't put any in it because of swelling after surgery) I have had just one adjustment to far - total of 4.4 cc's - and I found out the other day that I can eat a whole 6 inch sub!!! I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to do that. *lol* I am also hungry everyday.....I don't think I'm supposed to experience so much hunger either....BUT I am losing weight and I know it is all coming off so that's what counts. Boy this is getting long. I'm trying to get everything in in one shot. *lol* I'll stop and let you catch your breath. :cool:)

Okay, I think I've given you enough time to catch your breath :cool:) So, I can also guzzle Water which supposedly shouldn't happen. I'm pretty sure I could be adjusted a LOT tighter. I haven't found a single thing I can't eat. My system seems to be doing fine on everything. The one uncomfortable side effect I have is pain in my left shoulder. I know that happens with gas after surgery, but I didn't expect it to last. I still get pain in my shoulder everyday. Anyone else have that ongoing problem?

NURSELAURELI - what is PB? It must be nurse terminology.... I haven't been to any support group because mine is in Nashville and I live about 50 minutes to an hour (depending on traffic) from there. I work in Nashville everyday and can't afford the time to stay until meetings in the evening (I get off work at 4 and the meetings are at 7 pm) So, this site will be a big help.

NaeNae- PB = productive burp- when you eat something that can't pass through the band and you "burp" it back up. It SUCKS. I had one with a piece of apple. It really hurt too. The Intro section of the board has FAQ with some bandster terminology :cool:

I'm undecided if I need another fill or not- I have restriction - I can't eat what I could before but at the same time I can eat more than I think I should be able to (about 6 oz meat and up to 1/2 cup veggies). If my weight continues to go off and I'm not starving between meals, I think I'm going to put it off.. dunno.

I'm finding that telling my head "I'M FULL!" is harder than I thought it would be- I'm still eating way too fast and must not be giving my body time to get the signal to my head..