Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

What a difference a Week makes!

I too was banded on 5/14 and after reading posts we are all doing the same thing. Hungry, less pain and slight cases of depression. I was completely ALONE this weekend. No visitors or any one to take me for even the shortest drive. Sooo, I got in the car, drove to the store bought some Soup and was exhausted when I got home. Since I am trying to wean myself off pain meds I didn't dose before bed (Sat nite) and didn't sleep as well.... which makes me MORE tired and I take a couple of steps back -- vicious cycle! Last night, after fighting the hungries ALL day I finally take Loratab and slept until 9am today. I feel better. Part of depression is my stupid ex-husband. Yesterday at 11am I phoned the boys and discovered that on Sunday at 9am, my ex and the wife left all 4 boys to go house hunting in another city an hours drive away! When I phoned they had been alone 2 hrs. I phoned back at 1pm and the adults were still gone! I urged the kids to make lunch and maybe play a game, they told me the toliet overflowed and they didn't know what to do. This is EXACTLY what I feared would happen if I took some time for myself and now I don't know what to do. Take the kids back and hinder my recovery or report the bastard for neglecting the children. Sorry, the need to vent apparently strong. Yes, I am feeling much better but to care for the 4 boys and not being able to wash, clean, cook and pick up is overwhelming! Hey, thanks for listening.

jsrico - take slip on shoes or slippers cuz you won't be able to bend over even a little. Also take a small firm pillow to hold against your tummy when you are in the car ride home or if you cough or even yawn. At home make sure you have a heating pad, it is a life saver on your tummy. The gas x is for home. Make sure you have a good supply of SF popsicles and some liquid tylenol for when you decide to stop the narcotics. Make sure everything is nextto you, TV remote, phone, Water, heating pad, etc. because getting up and down and reaching for things is very painful. I found it impossible to get up from a chair. it was much easier to prop on pillows and then roll to my side and drop my legs off the bed and sit up. My bed is much higher then any of my furniture. Think about where you want to hang for a couple of days. You have to get up often to use the bathroom because they put gallons of IV Fluid in you.

Monica - The pain is different for everybody. if you can tolerate pain meds w/o getting nauseous then it should never be above a 2-3 fo you. In my case I couldn't take anything stronger then liquid tylenol once I was home so my pain was more like a 5-6. It only hurts when you move! I did a lot of laying still. Today I took my second shower and dried my own hair. I'm wiped out now but am getting stronger everyday. Today is the first day that I feel like things are going to be fine. i had my surgery on Thursday the 17th. hope that helps.

Hello Everyone in May 2007. I am so happy to have all of you as a support system. I am soooo ready for the surgery. Decided to go on the pre-op diet on May 10, that's 2 weeks and 5 days before surgery. Lost 10 pounds. I see the problem I've always had. I get stuck and can't lose past a certain point. Will the lap-band push me through those stuck periods? Have I done right getting used to eating lightly in advance of them telling me to start pre-op diet tomorrow? Won't they be surprised to hear I've already done it now for 11 days already!

JSRico, good luck and congratulations! Remember to have something comfy to wear home from the hospital. You may want a heating pad. I didn't need one but alot have found great comfort from one. You'll want your pain meds (whatever they prescribe), drinks, SF popsicles, and just relax and walk when you feel up to it.

Write and let us know how you are when you feel able. Good Luck tomorrow, you'll do great. (And PS, my husband had to fly to Houston - we live in Mass. two days after my surgery) But I was fortunate to have my teenage daughter home from college to help if needed.

Cindy

Melissa.. glad to see I was not the only one who had to do the barium balance. :-)

My surgeon has a stand up xray that you just stand there and drink the stuff and watch the monitor.. but I guess the hospital wasn't as advanced :-(

Hi!! I am so sorry to hear about those of you that are having such bad pain. My doctor gave me a combination of Lortab and an anti-nausea. When I take them together, I can handle the discomfort. I just keep falling asleep very easily. I work from home and tried to not take the pain med so I could get a little work done and I had to go ahead and take it. I do feel much better today (day 3 ) then any other. It sounds like I should just continue to get better. I am a little concerned about 2 of my incisions. They are looking a little pink around the edges. I think I will call the doctors office tommorow. I had a total of 5 and the other three are not pink at all. Good Luck to all of those scheduled for tommorow. I am very hungry and looking forward to Friday when I can have full liquids, broth is not satisfying me today!!!

Welcome to jsrico (hello bandmate!) and Lori Ann!

Hope today's (May 21) group is doing well. Been thinking of you today.

And to tomorrow's group...

GinaKirwan, munchkin, ljuht115, jsrico and NimbleBean (hey, that's me!),

hope we all have successful surgeries and can catch up soon after.

Cheers,

Margaret (aka NimbleBean)

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN: auto auto auto -8.1pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Monday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Tuesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Wednesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Thursday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Friday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>Sat.</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>2

LauraP

lorilynn06

uniqueone

Slackaction

susansilver

lettice5

soon2bbanded

Kadrianmatthews

Willowwind

bhill@ensource.

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>3

Spa-chic

mommalee

Trinitys mom

chickatee

RAYSBABE

Maya1983

vscherer

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>4

robgoblin87

Mr. Yoda

ginger205

Bullwinkle

lodum

Susan3343

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>5</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>7

NVGirl

PghMomof3

Muse

Macysgranny

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>8

healthny

crabcake

NaeNae

lubterp

Shar

Roxie1951

Tamjpjb

CypressMom2007

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>9

<O:pJerseyDori

Mischievous1

ShayDee

katspaww

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>10<O:p

cindyluhu

<O:pcfred

Oilburner

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>11

buscove24

mommytokk

NicksWife22

dolphingirl

samiam

sjmimi

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>12</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>14

SoulfulGrandma

rubylyn

amandawv

melissa o

NurseLaureli

mannamay

legster

Dutchgrl59

phuber40

bandito31

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>15

JennyC724

<O:plosin’it

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>16

KYsunshine

SillyWillyMommy

keiko

Short01

LPfromDABx

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>17

twinmommy

Wenjea

eljmom

Wen

LisaM

Laurienj

PineNut

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>18

widabbut

michelle lowrey

Mal

rachelb123

Shell850

readytolose

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>19</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>21

susaninnkc

METALBAND

MPatrizzi

luv2bingo07

ontheway

SElaine

mcgreen

Manatte

LilMonkey

CAWalsh

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>22

NimbleBean

GinaKirwan

munchkin

ljuht115

jsrico

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>23

kacee

RKidder

ragdollx19

Tagger

AudreyG

smileygirl

almanorgirl

SC-Cindy

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>24

Kansassooner

cyndilou29

amy

Phyllis S

deb24

jojo

sue11

Lori Ann

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>25

Olivia3031

jobyone1

kaylali

weightingtolose

liberattor

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>26

JaneC

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>28

cutiepie77

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>29

SpecialK77

cmacinga

bun1

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>30

violeteyes37

Karamyl

Direct Hit

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>31

faithmd

Joyful1

pokerprincess

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>We hope to

be joined by:

<O:pAnnabelle12

<O:pFluffy

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dutchgrl... ARGHHH!!!! MEN!!!!! I cannot imagine how you feel. Is there someone who can help YOU at the house with the boys?? A relative/friend?? I saw your older boys are 14... so maybe they could step it up a bit so you wouldn't have to do cleaning.. and just order delivery??? I cannot imagine what it would be like not knowing that my children were in good care while I recovered. Best of luck with everything!

Did you have to pay the hospital 30%? The issue I am having is according to the hospital if I am outpatient I owe 30%. If I am inpatient I only pay $100.00. I have BCBS Federal Basic. What plan are you on? I am so upset and stressed out about this happening so soon to my surgery date I am sick to my stomach. There is no way I can come up with $5k by Wednesday! And I dont understand why if I was approved by the insurance to stay 2 days they wouldnt let me stay for one???

ragdoll - I have the same BCBS Federal Basic and I only had to pay $100 to the hospital and $30 to my surgeon for his copay. My surgery was at Presby Dallas which is one of the "approved" hospitals for the plan. My surgery was scheduled for 7:15AM. I arrived at the hospital at 5:15AM and was leaving by 2PM the same day.

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear that some of you have had some pain issues. I really hope you feel better soon!! It gets better, just keep hangin' on!!

As for me...I had my one week post op appt today. My doctor said everything looked great, my incisions are healing nicely, and he wasn't concerned about my car wreck on Saturday (I posted a thread about it on Saturday...I wrecked my truck...not real happy about that!)

Anyways, I am down 15 pounds since surgery. My doctor was impressed. I know the weight loss will slow down and I might even gain a little when I add solids back in but I'll take the 15 pounds lost! I thought I wouldn't lose as much as everyone else b/c he didn't require a pre-op diet....weird!

Thanks readytolose!!!

I also wanted to ask a question...have any of you gotten the hiccups? I don't get like a whole bunch at once or anything, just one every now and again...let me tell you....hiccups are evil! Ouch!!

ragdoll - I have the same BCBS Federal Basic and I only had to pay $100 to the hospital and $30 to my surgeon for his copay. My surgery was at Presby Dallas which is one of the "approved" hospitals for the plan. My surgery was scheduled for 7:15AM. I arrived at the hospital at 5:15AM and was leaving by 2PM the same day.

cfred- thanks! I called the insurance company today and had them re-verify my outpatient benefits. They said exactly what you said. I dont know how the hospital got the bad information to begin with but I made them call back and re-verify my benefits. I feel a lot better about but wish I could get something in writing. My Dr did agree to let me stay over night if I wanted to but I dont think I will need to now. My surgery is not until 3:30 so I think its going to be a long evening, plus the hour drive home. Oh well. I am just so thankful to have insurance paying for it. Thanks for your responses it takes a lot of stress off of me!