Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I'm new here! My surgery date has not been set yet. Right now I have been cleared for surgery and I am excited and nervous at the same time! I am pending nutrition testing April 10 and then the big day will be set! It's great to see how so many people have been successful with the lapband and I am hoping that I too will succeed. I appreciate words of advice and encouragement!

Thanks!

Welcome aboard @@silverclipse !!

Having the lap band with plication has been a wonderful experience for me personally.

I've followed my doctors rules to ensure success…and so far things are going well.

I've learned to take things one day at a time and not beat myself up over things…I am human and therefore NOT perfect…and I cannot expect this journey to be perfect either.

I've learned that it took me 44 years to put on all of my weight and although it surely won't take 44 years to get it off, it isn't going to come off in 3 months either! That's where the one day at a time comes in!!!!

I love that I can eat ALL foods and that I am NO LONGER ON A DIET!!! Such nice words to say and hear. I eat healthier now than I ever had and I feel really good both physically and mentally. I often envision 80 pounds in terms of bags of 5 lb potatoes and cannot imagine going to the grocery store and trying to carry 16 - 5 lb bags to the register but that IS what I was carrying on my body before surgery!!!!

Wishing you ALL the best as you move onto the next steps of your journey…..keep us posted! and GOOD LUCK!!!

Edited by chasingadream

Welcome to the family! Congrats on making a life changing decision.

My advice is this...listen to your body, listen to your doctor and listen to other banders...in pretty much that order.

Your body will talk to you and let you know what it needs. Your doctor will let you know the right way to give your body what it needs. And we will all be here to give support and encouragement along the way.

The biggest trap you can fall into is the evil comparisons trap. No two journeys are the same. My doctors plans for me were very different than many others I met here. It can be frustrating at times, but remember your doc is your expert for a reason. Let him help you work that magic!

So, jump in...join the conversations...soak it all up. And prepare for the ride of your life....it's awesome.

Take your time. Absorb the information your doctor and nutritionist offer, and follow their program. Don't deviate. Don't be afraid to call your doctors office, don't be embarrassed about any question. Be NICE to YOU!

Best wishes

Nancy

Hi silverclipse--I will be following your journey, both on the website and quite literally. I haven't even attended my first seminar yet. The paperwork is done and I am anxious to get started. Obviously, I'm in no position to give you advice, but I will be cheering you on this journey. Stay strong!!

Thanks y'all! I'm sooo ready for this. I've done the research and I'm very impressed. I will take your advice to ❤️. I know that it will have its ups and downs, but atleast I will finally be in control of my weight, eating habits, and my health. I'm 35 years old and 275 lbs. I was at 240 for 3 years until I quit smoking in 2012. After, my weight just rose before my eyes. People tell me they can't tell I'm that heavy, but I definitely can. I love my family and myself too much to let myself go.

I will see you guys on the other side pretty soon!

Welcome aboard @@silverclipse !! Having the lap band with plication has been a wonderful experience for me personally. I've followed my doctors rules to ensure success…and so far things are going well. I've learned to take things one day at a time and not beat myself up over things…I am human and therefore NOT perfect…and I cannot expect this journey to be perfect either. I've learned that it took me 44 years to put on all of my weight and although it surely won't take 44 years to get it off, it isn't going to come off in 3 months either! That's where the one day at a time comes in!!!! I love that I can eat ALL foods and that I am NO LONGER ON A DIET!!! Such nice words to say and hear. I eat healthier now than I ever had and I feel really good both physically and mentally. I often envision 80 pounds in terms of bags of 5 lb potatoes and cannot imagine going to the grocery store and trying to carry 16 - 5 lb bags to the register but that IS what I was carrying on my body before surgery!!!! Wishing you ALL the best as you move onto the next steps of your journey…..keep us posted! and GOOD LUCK!!!

how long do you have to wait to eat normal foods after the lap band surgery

It varies. Every doctor is different and yours should tell ahead of time so that your able to prepare. My doctor and nut have a whole booklet made that walks you through each stage. It tells you what foods you can eat, how much Water you need, how much Protein you need, and exactly how many days you will be in each stage. I personally was banded 03/10/14 and can not attempt "regular" food for 5-6 weeks. This is just what my doctors plan is. Every doctor and every person will have variations.

Hi everyone! I'm new here! My surgery date has not been set yet. Right now I have been cleared for surgery and I am excited and nervous at the same time! I am pending nutrition testing April 10 and then the big day will be set! It's great to see how so many people have been successful with the lapband and I am hoping that I too will succeed. I appreciate words of advice and encouragement! Thanks!

Best of luck to you!

Welcome aboard @@silverclipse !! Having the lap band with plication has been a wonderful experience for me personally. I've followed my doctors rules to ensure success…and so far things are going well. I've learned to take things one day at a time and not beat myself up over things…I am human and therefore NOT perfect…and I cannot expect this journey to be perfect either. I've learned that it took me 44 years to put on all of my weight and although it surely won't take 44 years to get it off, it isn't going to come off in 3 months either! That's where the one day at a time comes in!!!! I love that I can eat ALL foods and that I am NO LONGER ON A DIET!!! Such nice words to say and hear. I eat healthier now than I ever had and I feel really good both physically and mentally. I often envision 80 pounds in terms of bags of 5 lb potatoes and cannot imagine going to the grocery store and trying to carry 16 - 5 lb bags to the register but that IS what I was carrying on my body before surgery!!!! Wishing you ALL the best as you move onto the next steps of your journey…..keep us posted! and GOOD LUCK!!!

how long do you have to wait to eat normal foods after the lap band surgery

My doctors protocol was a 2 week all liquid pre-op diet, then after the surgery it was 2-3 days of Clear liquids followed by 2 weeks of all liquids followed by 2 weeks of mushies and then onto solids….

So for me it was about 4 1/2 weeks post surgery before I had solids….

But like @@valarie kk has said every doctor is different….so please make sure to check with your surgeon and ask those questions. Please make sure you know all that is expected of you pre AND post surgery. This surgery, as any, is serious. Please make sure you are informed, understand, and have all of your questions asked before you undertake anything.

Best of luck to you!

My doctors protocol was a 2 week all liquid pre-op diet, then after the surgery it was 2-3 days of Clear Liquids followed by 2 weeks of all liquids followed by 2 weeks of mushies and then onto solids…. So for me it was about 4 1/2 weeks post surgery before I had solids…. But like @@valarie kk has said every doctor is different….so please make sure to check with your surgeon and ask those questions. Please make sure you know all that is expected of you pre AND post surgery. This surgery, as any, is serious. Please make sure you are informed, understand, and have all of your questions asked before you undertake anything. Best of luck to you!

Thank You.