Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bluepoint Surgical Group

Hello all,

I am so happy that I found this site. Just reading your comments in this thread have been helpful. I just finished my 3 months of required weight management classes. Pam submitted my paperwork to my insurance company (Aetna via CoreSource) on Monday, 8/4. I really hope that I get an approval soon. I originally saw Dr. Pourshojae, but I think that I may have my surgery(RNY) with Dr. Moazzez @ Fair Oaks.

I would love to have a WLS buddy, so please feel free to message me.

Question: I need a pych eval done did any of you ladies have to pay for it out of pockets, I went in today for one but the Dr told me he charges 250.00 to type up the required info however my insurance covers the visit. I am not trying to pay 250 if I don't have to please help

Question: I need a pych eval done did any of you ladies have to pay for it out of pockets, I went in today for one but the Dr told me he charges 250.00 to type up the required info however my insurance covers the visit. I am not trying to pay 250 if I don't have to please help

Hello Tiffany4fit - I used Dr Jacqueline Jacobson. She is also on the Fair Oaks campus. I did not have to pay up front and she was covered by my insurance (Aetna Signature). She was very nice and easy to talk to. I think her turnaround time is about 2 to 3 weeks to submit the completed evaluation to BluePoint.

Hello Tiffany4fit - I used Dr Jacqueline Jacobson. She is also on the Fair Oaks campus. I did not have to pay up front and she was covered by my insurance (Aetna Signature). She was very nice and easy to talk to. I think her turnaround time is about 2 to 3 weeks to submit the completed evaluation to BluePoint.

Did you have to pay any out of pocket fees, the Dr that I went to today was trying to charge me $250.00 out of pocket

Thanks so much for the information I was starting to get a little stress

Some of this might depend on your insurance. I have my psych consultation scheduled for 8/25 with Jacqueline Jacobson, and she works with my insurance so I won't owe anything.

My insurance doesn't cover any of the surgeon-required nutritional appointments or the cost of the shakes. And I had to pay a 20% co-pay for the EGD. So there are some definite out of pocket costs but nothing has been too exorbitant.

Thanks Krimrod

What insurance do you have?

I have BCBS Carefirst. I believe it's the MD plan even though I live in VA. It's kind of confusing.

I ended up paying nothing for the psych eval. The total of all pre-surgery and post-surgery requirements will be $700 something according to the sheet I was given by Bluepoint. That is not counting any copay I have for the surgery itself.

Thanks

I have a psych eval scheduled next week I just hope its not to much out of pocket I also have BCBS

Hello All: I'm a newbie. I had my first appt. 2 weeks ago with Dr. Halmi. They gave me a sheet with a list of tests I need done. I have another appt. with Dr. Elariny tomorrow 10/22/14. I am seeing another Dr. because I want to have a choice and will figure out which is a better fit for me. BluePoint has out of pocket costs of approximately $1300 once all is done. One thing I do like about them is that they have online Dietician classes on Tuesdays. Once I take the Wellness class, I can then take the 3 Dietician classes online which will result in less time from work. That was one of the things that concerned me...taking a lot of time away from work. With the list, do you guys recommend I do the tests now or wait until towards the end of the 3 months. I was afraid I may have to repeat something if I do it too early. I have AETNA and am doing the 3 month cycle instead of 6 months. One of the things I dislike about BluePoint is that I have to use their shakes and Vitamins. Any tips, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciately! I will repost after I have my appt. with Dr. Elariny tomorrow about whether I decide to go with him or Dr. Halmi.

Edited by Ladiec2

Hello All: I'm a newbie. I had my first appt. 2 weeks ago with Dr. Halmi. They gave me a sheet with a list of tests I need done. I have another appt. with Dr. Elariny tomorrow 10/22/14. I am seeing another Dr. because I want to have a choice and will figure out which is a better fit for me. BluePoint has out of pocket costs of approximately $1300 once all is done. One thing I do like about them is that they have online Dietician classes on Tuesdays. Once I take the Wellness class, I can then take the 3 Dietician classes online which will result in less time from work. That was one of the things that concerned me...taking a lot of time away from work. With the list, do you guys recommend I do the tests now or wait until towards the end of the 3 months. I was afraid I may have to repeat something if I do it too early. I have AETNA and am doing the 3 month cycle instead of 6 months. One of the things I dislike about BluePoint is that I have to use their shakes and Vitamins. Any tips, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciately! I will repost after I have my appt. with Dr. Elariny tomorrow about whether I decide to go with him or Dr. Halmi.

Hi Ladiec2

That the only thing that I dislike is buying there shakes & Vitamins which is way to expensive I thought about calling the nut and asking if I can purchase my own , however I just finish my 6 weeks all test completed just waiting for them to submit to insurance and I will be on my way to a new journey

Using Bluepoint. Dr. Moazzez on 11/4. Sitting in cardiologist office right now to get my cardiac clearance. I need it because I'm 50. This is the last test thank goodness. An earlier poster mentioned getting tests done too early. If your using the faifax office call Pam she will tell you which tests to have pre approval and then post insurance approval.

Hi Ladiec2

That the only thing that I dislike is buying there shakes & Vitamins which is way to expensive I thought about calling the nut and asking if I can purchase my own , however I just finish my 6 weeks all test completed just waiting for them to submit to insurance and I will be on my way to a new journey

Yes...that was one of the other things I didn't like. Seems way too expensive. That was included in the $1300 out of pocket costs..but still way too expensive. After speaking with Leslie today, I decided to go ahead and go with BluePoint. I have my Wellness class tomorrow and then 2 Dietician classes online and all the other tests, classes, etc. I will update after tomorrow. I am also scheduled to get the bloodwork done tomorrow since I'm off and am also trying to schedule my EKG.

If all goes well I'll be having my surgery in February 2015. Im doing the 3 month multidisciplinary weigh in. I had my surgeon appt with Dr. Halmi at Blue Point on 10/9/14 and my Wellness Consult, blood work, chest X-ray, abdominal ultrasound on 10/22/14. I have my psych eval scheduled for 11/8/14 for 3 sessions. So that'll take 3 weeks. I have AETNA and hope I won't have a problem getting approved. Did anyone have to get an EGD? If so who did you use and also who did you use for your psych eval?

I posted before I was ready to send so anyway I was saying an EGD is customary for pretty much anyone having bypass surgery. They want to make sure you don't have any hernias. And they take a look at your esophagus and stomach to make sure you don't have any ulcer s and test for H pylori. I went through Blue Point which doctor moazzez. I used a woman named Susan Hayes for my psych eval. It was one of the two that Blue Point Recommended. The psych eval is very involved. Quite a bit of paperwork to write out your history and 300 question computer test. Took a while to do it. Then there's a second visit to follow up to go over your results. so it took me 2 weeks from the time I got the eval to my follow up result appointment. As far as who did my EGD, I used a local gastroenterologist because I live an hour and 20 minutes from Fair Oaks. But they have some gastro docs that they use regularly they could recommend one. Good luck to you as your journey begins. I'm almost at the end of mine my surgery is 11 /4. I should say I'm almost at the end of the first phase of my journey and then I have the rest of my journey forever after.