Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bluepoint Surgical Group

I have BCBS Fed I hope I get approved trying my best to do every thing, I done my blood work /EKG since I had a doctor appt last week most likely I will have to repeat it. I have a lot of appointments schedule in April I hope I am not making this appt to early. Also did you have to pay for your wellness class ? I did it was $250.00 plus $57.oo per class

. Oh one more thing: I have read BCBS Fed pays 100 percent and approvals were fast. There are several threads about it! Lucky u. I have Aetna and threads are 50/50 good/bad. I hope my situation is positive! It's a lot of time/money and emotional commitment to be denied.

Thanks

All this info was very helpful

I schedule the sleep study for a Friday night

My PC Doc gave me referrals to all doctors except the Pysh - I will try and stay in network so that my insurance will cover it

Yes when I called I was told they cover 100% however I wasn't expecting to pay all these class fees it caught me by shock

Online that would be nice - Already I have to miss half of day out of work a month not including other Dr appt lets keep in touch : I tend to have so many questions

Yes I was speaking to one of the ladies in the Dr office I told her its a shame to invest in that money all to be denied they need to find another way

Yes I was speaking to one of the ladies in the Dr office I told her its a shame to invest in that money all to be denied they need to find another way

. The pre op diet is 300 so prepare for that and 86 per month in Vitamins for after surgery- however I'm going to price outside of bluepoint. I saw Amazon sells the pre op diet brand so I need to find out how much we are required to drink a day cause if I'm right amazon will be 75 dollars cheaper. Def lets keep in touch!!

. The pre op diet is 300 so prepare for that and 86 per month in Vitamins for after surgery- however I'm going to price outside of bluepoint. I saw Amazon sells the pre op diet brand so I need to find out how much we are required to drink a day cause if I'm right amazon will be 75 dollars cheaper. Def lets keep in touch!!

Yes I notice that I ask if it was ok if we purchase our own Vitamins etc I was told no the Dr prefer you to by there because they want to make sure that it has the right ingredients (I just laughed) I will be asking that question again

You will have 4 shakes, 1 Soup & 1 Bar daily for two weeks, I wasn't given a choice upfront, but they said we are more than welcome to come back and exchange if we didn't like something...the vitamins I was required to buy from them, it's for the first 3 months post op, then you can buy your own! If you can get out of it great I have a ton I'd give either of you they made me nauseas lol! They really aren't that bad but I am not into fruity stuff...

You will have 4 shakes, 1 Soup & 1 Bar daily for two weeks, I wasn't given a choice upfront, but they said we are more than welcome to come back and exchange if we didn't like something...the Vitamins I was required to buy from them, it's for the first 3 months post op, then you can buy your own! If you can get out of it great I have a ton I'd give either of you they made me nauseas lol! They really aren't that bad but I am not into fruity stuff...

. That's more than I thought. So many people have said pre op diet is brutal? What was your experience?

I think the idea of not being able to chew is what frightens me I rather chew my fruits and veggie then puree them

I started as a Woodbridge patient(long story) but changed to Fairfax about 6 weeks ago and I am way happier there! Plus I live west of Manassas so that was way too far! Have you guys gone to any of the support groups yet!? I've not tried Fairfax but from what I hear ours in Woodbridge is better and smaller! Sadly the dietitian who ran it just moved so the new lady is just taking over but we welcome anyone to come to the meetings, lots of preoppers there! Dr Halmi is usually there to open up the discussion and we have had some cool guest speakers! The Unjury folks came one time and a plastic surgeon! It's always the last Thursday night of the month at Sentara Hospital in Woodbridge I think it's the education building but call the office to get the actual info! My hubby and I will be there next week as we always are!!! If y'all want I can bring my stuff I don't use if you want it!

I started as a Woodbridge patient(long story) but changed to Fairfax about 6 weeks ago and I am way happier there! Plus I live west of Manassas so that was way too far! Have you guys gone to any of the support groups yet!? I've not tried Fairfax but from what I hear ours in Woodbridge is better and smaller! Sadly the dietitian who ran it just moved so the new lady is just taking over but we welcome anyone to come to the meetings, lots of preoppers there! Dr Halmi is usually there to open up the discussion and we have had some cool guest speakers! The Unjury folks came one time and a plastic surgeon! It's always the last Thursday night of the month at Sentara Hospital in Woodbridge I think it's the education building but call the office to get the actual info! My hubby and I will be there next week as we always are!!! If y'all want I can bring my stuff I don't use if you want it!

. I was approved!! I have a 2 hr education meeting on Thursday afternoon so I wouldn't be able to make the meeting in Woodbridge. My surgery is April 8th, PA appt tomm am- do you remember what that appt is for? Also have appt on the 2nd with doctor and dietician. What other pre op years are left? I'm so nervous and so excited!

. I was approved!! I have a 2 hr education meeting on Thursday afternoon so I wouldn't be able to make the meeting in Woodbridge. My surgery is April 8th, PA appt tomm am- do you remember what that appt is for? Also have appt on the 2nd with doctor and dietician. What other pre op years are left? I'm so nervous and so excited!

. Pre op tests- not years- sorry.

OMG I am so confused it is the FIRST Thursday of the month! So NOT this week, next week! Sorry Y'all! Hmmm all my preop stuff was super fast bc I was self pay so I can't really remember and I was Woodbridge at that point so I met with Dr. Halmi each time! Are you meeting with Tiffany? If so she is WONDERFUL! I usually dread seeing PAs would rather just see my doctor, but she is really so sweet and kind and I always feel great when I leave an appt with her! Super positive and supportive! I had EGD, Ultrasound, Bloodwork, Chest X-ray and I think that's it!!! They gave me a sheet that I had to complete I think within two weeks of the surgery which for me was I had two weeks to do it all bc I booked one month from my first appt! Craziness! Have you met with the psychologist yet? That's another preop appt. Also nutritionist and John the Exercise dude! All are super nice! I'd love to help out in anyway I can bc I was blessed to meet a gentleman at support group who was super supportive through my surgery (he had his a couple months before me) He and his wife even came to see me in the hospital! It was so nice to have someone who had been through it all! I'm here for anything so ask away! I hope you guys can make it to group next week! I really look forward to it!

. Pre op tests- not years- sorry.

PS CONGRATS ON BEGINNING YOUR JOURNEY!!!!!! Wuhoooooo!

PS CONGRATS ON BEGINNING YOUR JOURNEY!!!!!! Wuhoooooo!

. CrissyRing77. I met Tiffany today and your right she is wonderful!!! I start the pre op diet tomm! I have a 2 hr education class on Thursday and my primary doctor appt Friday am for bloodworm and EKG. I have to fit in a chest X-ray too as I meet with Dr Moaazez and dietician on the 2 nd and Tiffany said to have it all done so he has the results. My surgery is on the 8th at 1230. Feeling so overwhelmed! Also have the preop hospital interview and something else with the hospital ? Whew!! Thanks for the offer of asking questions!! I hope you don't mind I will probably have a ton!!

How is everyone doing so far?

I had my sleep study done over the weekend :-)

How is everyone doing so far? I had my sleep study done over the weekend :-)

. I was sleeved on April 8th! 6 days post op. The surgery went great- in the recovery room I was miserable. The has is really really bad!! But each day I'm getting better and better! What did u think of the sleep study?

. I was sleeved on April 8th! 6 days post op. The surgery went great- in the recovery room I was miserable. The has is really really bad!! But each day I'm getting better and better! What did u think of the sleep study?

. Gas not has.