Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bluepoint Surgical Group

I'm still in the pre-op phase, planning to have the sleeve procedure with Dr. Halmi. Hope to have the surgery by May.

I'm still in the pre-op phase, planning to have the sleeve procedure with Dr. Halmi. Hope to have the surgery by May.

Hi!! I finished my 6 month program march 4th. Did my psych eval on Monday - last piece needed before they can submit to insurance for approval, I'm using Dr Moazzez. The psych eval was supposed to have been sent to the coordinator yesterday. Have no idea when surgery might be? How about you?

They haven't mentioned a date, and when I was there this week they didn't have me setup a future appt. I have my EGD on Monday and one more nutrition class on April 8th. I figure I'll start calling to check on the submission to insurance next week. I'm hoping May is reasonable to get scheduled.

They haven't mentioned a date, and when I was there this week they didn't have me setup a future appt. I have my EGD on Monday and one more nutrition class on April 8th. I figure I'll start calling to check on the submission to insurance next week. I'm hoping May is reasonable to get scheduled.

May sounds reasonable!! The egd was a breeze. If your having it done at fair oaks- they were awesome!!! Goodluck!!

Anyone using Bluepoint Surgical Group,Fairfax Va?

I had my surgery with Dr Hami at the fairfax location, well Fair Oaks Inova! In my opinion he is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Seriously I could just hug him! He is the head of the whole group, mostly oaks out of Woodbridge or Stafford but does appts Monday in Fairfax! I had a wonderful experience with him and would trust him with my care agin 1000 times over! Please feel free to PM any questions!

Hi Ladies

I am using Bluepoint surgical group my surgeon is Dr. Halmi how ever I am in the beginning process:

So far

Seminar

Consultation

Blood work, EKG etc

sleep Study ( in April )

Wellness appt (in April)

Trying to schedule multiple appt in a day to refrain from taking so many days off seems a bit hard

Hi Ladies I am using Bluepoint surgical group my surgeon is Dr. Halmi how ever I am in the beginning process: So far Seminar Consultation Blood work, EKG etc sleep Study ( in April ) Wellness appt (in April) Trying to schedule multiple appt in a day to refrain from taking so many days off seems a bit hard

. Are you self pay? I am using Dr Moazzez but have heard great things about Dr. Halmi.

Hi Ladies I am using Bluepoint surgical group my surgeon is Dr. Halmi how ever I am in the beginning process: So far Seminar Consultation Blood work, EKG etc sleep Study ( in April ) Wellness appt (in April) Trying to schedule multiple appt in a day to refrain from taking so many days off seems a bit hard

. Are you self pay? I am using Dr Moazzez but have heard great things about Dr. Halmi.

No my insurance covers it lets just hope I get approved. Do you have a date yet? Did you go thru the 6 month wait ?

No my insurance covers it lets just hope I get approved. Do you have a date yet? Did you go thru the 6 month wait ?

. I did the seminar in sept, oct thru March 4th was my 6 month nutrition required by my insurance. I have done the sleep study and endoscopy. Did the psych eval last Tuesday. The psych eval was my last thing needed before they can submit to insurance for approval. No word if they have rec'd the psych report. I have 2 appts on Friday am there with the nutritionist and then the exercise trainer. So I will check on things then. So no date yet. I know once/if approved will need to get EKG/blood work and clearance from primary doctor and then will be required to do the 2 week pre op diet. been a long process but not bad. Just started the nervous feeling of - what if I don't get approved? I have coresource/Aetna. How about you?

. Seminar in Sept. Consultation and started my 6 month in Oct. My last class was march 4th. I have completed the sleep study, endoscopy and had the psych eval last Tuesday. I do have 2 appts on Friday with the nutritionist and exercise trainer. So I will check on the status then. I will tell you I'm getting very nervous about the approval and it's really messing with my head. I know once/if I get approved I will be required to see regular doctor for medical clearance/blood work/EKG. Then the 2 week pre op diet starts. I guess u then see the nutritionist and surgeon again right before the surgery. So no date. How about you?

. I did the seminar in sept, oct thru March 4th was my 6 month nutrition required by my insurance. I have done the sleep study and endoscopy. Did the psych eval last Tuesday. The psych eval was my last thing needed before they can submit to insurance for approval. No word if they have rec'd the psych report. I have 2 appts on Friday am there with the nutritionist and then the exercise trainer. So I will check on things then. So no date yet. I know once/if approved will need to get EKG/blood work and clearance from primary doctor and then will be required to do the 2 week pre op diet. been a long process but not bad. Just started the nervous feeling of - what if I don't get approved? I have coresource/Aetna. How about you?

I have BCBS Fed I hope I get approved trying my best to do every thing, I done my blood work /EKG since I had a doctor

appt last week most likely I will have to repeat it. I have a lot of appointments schedule in April I hope I am not making this appt to early. Also did you have to pay for your wellness class ? I did it was $250.00 plus $57.oo per class

I have BCBS Fed I hope I get approved trying my best to do every thing, I done my blood work /EKG since I had a doctor appt last week most likely I will have to repeat it. I have a lot of appointments schedule in April I hope I am not making this appt to early. Also did you have to pay for your wellness class ? I did it was $250.00 plus $57.oo per class

. Yes I paid the 250 and yes each class I had to pay 57.00. Other than the blood work/EKG it's fine you have the others scheduled. The coordinator had told me best to get them all done sooner rather than later. You will have to repeat the doc visit- I too scheduled that and when I got to the appt my doc said it's too early that bluepoint will

Ask me to come within 30 days of surgery with a medical clearance form indicating what they needed. So schedule the endoscopy, it was easy. I used dr shaw/fair oaks hospital. Psych Eval- I used Vivian Shelton in McClean. It was 390 up front but if your insurance policy covers out of doctor network you can get some reimbursed. Bluepoint does for 250 but does not work with insurance. Schedule the sleep study: The sleep study was ok. I had a hard time sleeping there despite it feeling like a hotel. My suggestion is do on a Friday night so u can sleep on sat- lol! I did get diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. let me know if you have any other questions!! I heard they are starting online classes but u just need to stop in for a weigh in. That would have been easier for me and not having to miss work!

I have BCBS Fed I hope I get approved trying my best to do every thing, I done my blood work /EKG since I had a doctor appt last week most likely I will have to repeat it. I have a lot of appointments schedule in April I hope I am not making this appt to early. Also did you have to pay for your wellness class ? I did it was $250.00 plus $57.oo per class

. Oh one more thing: I have read BCBS Fed pays 100 percent and approvals were fast. There are several threads about it! Lucky u. I have Aetna and threads are 50/50 good/bad. I hope my situation is positive! It's a lot of time/money and emotional commitment to be denied.

. Oh one more thing: I have read BCBS Fed pays 100 percent and approvals were fast. There are several threads about it! Lucky u. I have Aetna and threads are 50/50 good/bad. I hope my situation is positive! It's a lot of time/money and emotional commitment to be denied.

Thanks

All this info was very helpful

I schedule the sleep study for a Friday night

My PC Doc gave me referrals to all doctors except the Pysh - I will try and stay in network so that my insurance will cover it

Yes when I called I was told they cover 100% however I wasn't expecting to pay all these class fees it caught me by shock

Online that would be nice - Already I have to miss half of day out of work a month not including other Dr appt lets keep in touch : I tend to have so many questions