Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bluepoint Surgical Group

How is everyone doing so far? I had my sleep study done over the weekend :-)

. I was sleeved on April 8th! 6 days post op. The surgery went great- in the recovery room I was miserable. The has is really really bad!! But each day I'm getting better and better! What did u think of the sleep study?

I hope you fell better soon Jennifer2575. The sleep study went well they didn't give me my result I was told I have to get them from the doctors.

Keep us posted on your recover

I'm playing the waiting game, hoping they'll submit to my insurance by the end of the month. No talk of a surgery date and no appointments scheduled. Trying to be patient, really wanted to have the surgery before summer.

Congrats Jennifer2575! Hope you are feeling better each day.

Hi Sadie

Will at least you didn't have to do the 6 month wait

Keep me posted .........

I'm playing the waiting game, hoping they'll submit to my insurance by the end of the month. No talk of a surgery date and no appointments scheduled. Trying to be patient, really wanted to have the surgery before summer. Congrats Jennifer2575! Hope you are feeling better each day.

. Why are you playing the waiting game?

They won't give u a date until your approved with insurance. The day I was approved they called me and I scheduled it within 2 weeks. Started the pre op diet the next day! Then it goes so quick! I'm 11 days post op! Bluepoint is fantastic and your going to all be happy with them. They know exactly what to do with getting things approved and my surgery went so well. First 2 days were bad with gas pains but I have felt fantastic since day 4. Back to work 5 days after surgery. I'm walking and cleaning and getting down all my fluids and 2 Protein Shakes. I have no incision pain and they are about 75 percent all healed up and down 34 pounds since started preop diet!! If you have any questions let me know!!

I just set my surgery date yesterday for May 13 with Dr Halmi. I have my 2 hour appt Monday. I am a little nervous I won't get everything done in time. Dr Halmi sent a note to my primary stating I need an h pylori test, but did not ask for endoscopy. She is refusing to give me the referral I need. Leslie said she will tal to Dr Halmi and get back to me. My referral for the surgery is only good till July 14. I am going out of the country from June 16 to July 3. Trying to get it done before the trip, with enough time to recoup.

I just set my surgery date yesterday for May 13 with Dr Halmi. I have my 2 hour appt Monday. I am a little nervous I won't get everything done in time. Dr Halmi sent a note to my primary stating I need an h pylori test, but did not ask for endoscopy. She is refusing to give me the referral I need. Leslie said she will tal to Dr Halmi and get back to me. My referral for the surgery is only good till July 14. I am going out of the country from June 16 to July 3. Trying to get it done before the trip, with enough time to recoup.

Hi Meg

Your PCP should be able to do the H Pylori test for you wonder why he/she is refusing to do so

hope everything works out and keep us posted also did you have to do the 6 month wait?

They won't give u a date until your approved with insurance. The day I was approved they called me and I scheduled it within 2 weeks. Started the pre op diet the next day! Then it goes so quick! I'm 11 days post op! Bluepoint is fantastic and your going to all be happy with them. They know exactly what to do with getting things approved and my surgery went so well. First 2 days were bad with gas pains but I have felt fantastic since day 4. Back to work 5 days after surgery. I'm walking and cleaning and getting down all my fluids and 2 Protein shakes. I have no incision pain and they are about 75 percent all healed up and down 34 pounds since started preop diet!! If you have any questions let me know!!

Hi Jennifer

I am glad that you are feeling great I can't wait until my turn how did your pre-op diet go

. A referral for the endoscopy. I just called the office at fair oaks hospital- dr Shaw. I has a consult that week and the procedure 2 days away.

Hi Jennifer I am glad that you are feeling great I can't wait until my turn how did your pre-op diet go

. First 3 days were hard. But after that I actually felt fine, had energy, my tummy did feel empty but I wasn't starving. You have 4 Protein Shakes, 1 Soup, 1 Protein Bar, Water. And can have a sugar free hello or Popsicle. You will do great!! It edgers you prepared for post op cause your on liquids 3 weeks.

I checked out the Fair Oaks support group last night. They had two plastic surgeons there talking about options after you reach goal weight. It was pretty informative and they had a bunch of before/after pictures that were motivating.

I also won a weight loss surgery cook book, they gave away three with the door raffle. There were close to 50 people in attendance. The plastic surgeons are only there once a year, so looking forward to seeing a non-presentation support group meeting.

My insurance paperwork for the sleeve should get submitted next week.

I checked out the Fair Oaks support group last night. They had two plastic surgeons there talking about options after you reach goal weight. It was pretty informative and they had a bunch of before/after pictures that were motivating. I also won a weight loss surgery cook book, they gave away three with the door raffle. There were close to 50 people in attendance. The plastic surgeons are only there once a year, so looking forward to seeing a non-presentation support group meeting. My insurance paperwork for the sleeve should get submitted next week.

. Great! I will be at the next one!!

Got the topic schedule for the Fair Oaks support group meetings, they also have a Facebook group to help people connect.

May 19 surgeons Q & A

Jun 16 food pushers

Jul 21 body acceptance

Aug 18 tolerating cravings

Sept 15 labs

Oct 20 patient/prof panel

Nov 17 holiday eating

Dec 15 new normal

Got the topic schedule for the Fair Oaks support group meetings, they also have a Facebook group to help people connect. May 19 surgeons Q & A Jun 16 food pushers Jul 21 body acceptance Aug 18 tolerating cravings Sept 15 labs Oct 20 patient/prof panel Nov 17 holiday eating Dec 15 new normal

. Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Got the topic schedule for the Fair Oaks support group meetings, they also have a Facebook group to help people connect. May 19 surgeons Q & A Jun 16 food pushers Jul 21 body acceptance Aug 18 tolerating cravings Sept 15 labs Oct 20 patient/prof panel Nov 17 holiday eating Dec 15 new normal

. What is the name of the FB support group?