Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 1st sleevers?

Well.. Here. It guys.. The day we've been waiting for.. In less then 12 hours some of us will begin our journey. Good luck and many blessing to all..

It's exciting isn't it. Good luck everyone :)

Ok, April firsters, it is the April 4th. How is everyone doing? My procedure went great and I have little pain. Feeling very tired today. Had to force myself to get up and moving today. Planning on going to work on Monday???

Hope the rest of you are doing well.

Edited by GemmaLicious

I just got home from the hospital yesterday. Stayed an extra night because of nausea but I'm feeling great now. Little discomfort and pain but overall really good. Getting Water in is crazy hard. Anything specific you guys are doing?

I was able to go home the following day and with Gods many blessings I doing pretty well. Other then the teaching nurse at the hospital stay was great. I still have some cramping but a sip of Water makes it go away.. I have a drain tube in until the 9th, the area around the inlet is a bit tender. They want me to at least 60 grams of Protein in per day, in liquid form. the best i can do is 54... I think once I find the right combo of powder, and pre mixed I be able to it 60 with put issue.. Today is big day.. my granddaughter turns 6, instead of cake I'm going to try Jello.

Checking in with you all...

Surgery was last Tuesday,,, due to internal bleeding and low blood counts i stayed until Friday. I feel magnificent since being home.

Since I have been home...

Friday night I walked one of dogs and felt soo good to get outstide. While I was only able to get one 4 oz CIB down I was able to get about 8 oz of Vitamin Water drank.

Friday sleeping was a little uncomfortable as I tried to manage on just one pain med and once I took 2 in the wee morning I was able to get a few hours sleep.

Saturday morning it felt like a normal Saturday. I took both dogs out for a 20 min walk, drove my son to his baseball practice. While there I walked my normal 2 mile walk that I had been doing before surgery and happy it took me about the normal 40 min. I didn't want to push myself so went home and put my feet up for a bit.

By 2 pm my son had been missing the gym so I checked in at Weight Watchers for my weekly check-in happy to have lost almost 4 pounds in the week. While at the gym I did the moderate workout on the treadmill and discussed with my trainer on how i can work out daily with 15 - 20 lb weight program that will begin this Thursday.

Saturday intake was only 6 CIB so i need to manage my time away from the house better and ensure I get the 8 servings.

Other thing I had hard time remembering is I can't guzzle Water like I used to ... DAMN that hurt.... now I know to be more conscious.

Sunday it is beautiful out my son wants to play some ball so I might try to go see if I can play a little first base or at least get a walk in for about 3 miles.

One concern was the HUGE bruise on right side I was hoping it didn't have to do with the low blood counts which were possible internal bleeding.

So happy with this decision and the direction I see for my new life... I hope everyone else is doing as well as I am.

Two weeks out and so far so good. I am finding it is very easy to overdo things... No pain but can get really tired and weak. The scale is moving in the right direction and I am so happy I did this! Hope my fellow April 1s are doing well!

Went for my two week visit.. Down 33 lbs, can now have puréed meat and cottage cheese but most of all for the first time in 34 years I no longer have to take blood pressure meds... Today is a good day...

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site . I had surgery on April 2nd. I'm in Fort Worth, TX. Would love to have some fellow members to go through this journey with. I started at 271 lbs and am now 241 so I am down 30 lbs since preop. I am getting a little impatient. I just want to be at my goal weight already. How much are you all eating at this point? How many calories a day? My goal is about 800 calories a day. But I am starting to get tired of eating the same stuff. I need some new food ideas. Also how much exercising is everyone getting in?

Anewme44 I was sleeved April 7 . I try to walk on treadmill but not as much as I should . I plan on starting the couch to 5 k today . My meals today is a premiere Protein Shake for Breakfast ., an egg snack, 1/2 c Wendy's chili, mini bell lite cheese , yoplait Greek 100 calorie yogurt, baked Parmesan garlic crusted toilapia 3oz

I wish I could start training for a 5 k. I just don't have the time to do it. How is the chili at Wendy's? Does it have a lot of fat, carbs and Protein? I pretty much only eat scrambled eggs, yogurt, cheese, chicken, and my Protein Drink. I need to try the chili. I never want to cook anything because of the small amount I eat, but I'm going to have to try some new stuff.

Small chili has 13 Protein 180 calories 20 carbs from the Beans but u will not be able to eat it all so divide it by 2 and I have added some shredded chicken for more protein. If your not using it , use the my fitness app . I get the tilapia from SAMs club it's really good

Ok. That sounds good. I may stop and get some on my way to work tonight. I do use the myfitnesspal app. I just started this week. And it really helps me to be accountable for what I eat. I love it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello Fellow April and April Fools Sleever's,

Glad I found this site, Wish I would have earlier. I had my surgery on April 1st. It has not been smooth, look forward to talk with all of you as we continue this journey.