Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I say "Thanks Hernia"?

I have fought the battle of the bulge all of my life with fad diets and I have had the yo-yo effects of my weight for as long as I can remember. This year is the year that I'm determined to change my life forever. I consulted with True Results for the first time yesterday and was told that my insurance has an exclusion for bariatric surgery, however, I can still be approved to have my Lap-Band placed because I have a hiatal hernia and this is a pathway for placement. I had an EGD that confirmed diagnosis of my new best friend "hernia" and I am super excited. My surgery date is not yet confirmed but I was told that we are aiming for April. I thought this to be a very speedy process, but they like to move at this pace because I'm willing to move at the same pace and it will not allow me to have second thoughts. I begin the pre-op diet next week and look forward to the next steps. I live in Humble-Atascocita and I would like to know if there are any support groups in my area? Please let me know and I look forward to more posts soon, by for now.

CMF

Congratulations! Such an ironic thing but way to go on having an additional health problem to address at the same time as getting your band placed and winning the insurance battle. Here's to choosing yourself and the renewal of health. You are making it all happen!

I had a hiatal hernia, too, and I have a feeling that getting that fixed was really important in the overall scheme of things. And of course I love my band. Hope you get your date soon!

I am in Manvel and also going to True Results off of Travis.

I am in Manvel and also going to True Results off of Travis.

Way to go. Is your surgeon Dr. Hollis as well? Good luck and much success!

Well, how ironic that you have a hernia and so now your wls gets paid for. Okay! Congrats to your hernia ;) . Best wishes on your speedy recovery! Welcome to our site. Karen

Karen very good news.. You sound determined to take control of your weight and health. I wish you the very best success and keep us posted. There are a lot of experienced bandsters on here who are happy to answer questions.

Karen very good news.. You sound determined to take control of your weight and health. I wish you the very best success and keep us posted. There are a lot of experienced bandsters on here who are happy to answer questions.

Not me Sharpie, Chrisseyisbetterin2014 had her doctor tell her she has a hernia!