Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week from today I will be having a fleur de lis Tummy Tuck. I have waited so long for this to happen..but now its getting close and panic is setting in. My worst worst fear is to wake up in complete agony and feel out of control. I know this is the right thing to do..I know ive earned this..but good god i need some reassurance right now! :(

I wish I could say I've been there, done that so I could tell you it's a piece of cake. But, I haven't been there. You are right that you earned this and you will feel fabulous after you recover. You've been through worse, and this is the result you've been waiting for! Best of luck!

I have not even gotten close to this point yet, but I think about it all the time and I can totally understand your nervous feelings about it.

I'll tell you a little story though and hopefully that will make you feel a bit better. I have a cousin who at a very young age was extremely overweight and borderline morbidly obese. She was about 12 years old when she sat on a glass coffee table and it shattered with her stuck in the frame. They had to call and ambulance and have her removed and taken to the hospital to remove the glass from a sensitive area.

This was enough to wake her and my cousin (her mother) up. When she was all healed up she started taking weight loss seriously, she changed her life style and started eating right and working out. Over the years she lost all that excess weight she did not have WLS, but once all the weight was gone she had a full body lift.

I was in major shock seeing this girl with all the stitches and drains etc. after the surgery, but in a couple of days the swelling went down and finally all the drains were out and today she is amazing, and I am so happy for her!

When I think about it being my turn some day I think about that little girl and how she braved that at such a young age and it makes me feel better and confidant that I can do it too.

I hope it gives the same confidence to you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thank you both for your words of encouragement. Lisa, I appreciate you sharing the story of your cousin. :-)

Yes - the Tummy Tuck process is a tough one. But it is totally doable. Just one day at a time and before you know it, you get to enjoy your new svelte figure! All the work for your weight loss will be shown to its best advantage. I had a harder than average recovery yet never regretted it for one moment. You just look down and know - those difficult days will soon be behind you and will mean nothing in the context of a lifetime of enjoying your new look! Just relax, make sure you have the support you need for afterwards, and stay calm.

One week from today I will be having a fleur de lis Tummy Tuck. I have waited so long for this to happen..but now its getting close and panic is setting in. My worst worst fear is to wake up in complete agony and feel out of control. I know this is the right thing to do..I know ive earned this..but good god i need some reassurance right now! :(

I think you'll be so pleased with the outcome! I'm excited for you.

Nerves are normal.

The anesthesiologist will juice you up :)

Pain was completely managed after the first hour. In that first hour, you're actually so out of it that it's not really the kind of pain you're imagining. They're just trying to get a handle on it. So they're pushing narcotics at the same time they're getting you to wake up and breathe on your own, so it's a delicate balance.

If information helps you, ask the anesthesiologist about that first hour and how they will make you comfortable.

I was walking an hour post op.

The first 72 hours are kind of a blur for me.

I walked a couple times within 12 hours.

I think this next week you want to hydrate, eat really well (high protein) and get healthy doses of exercise. Maybe prepare easy post op food. Focus your nervous energy there.

Eeeeeaaaak! Yay!

I think you'll be so pleased with the outcome! I'm excited for you.

Nerves are normal.

The anesthesiologist will juice you up :)

Pain was completely managed after the first hour. In that first hour, you're actually so out of it that it's not really the kind of pain you're imagining. They're just trying to get a handle on it. So they're pushing narcotics at the same time they're getting you to wake up and breathe on your own, so it's a delicate balance.

If information helps you, ask the anesthesiologist about that first hour and how they will make you comfortable.

I was walking an hour post op.

The first 72 hours are kind of a blur for me.

I walked a couple times within 12 hours.

I think this next week you want to hydrate, eat really well (high protein) and get healthy doses of exercise. Maybe prepare easy post op food. Focus your nervous energy there.

Eeeeeaaaak! Yay!

Seriously, walking an hour post op? Wow, lol..that amazing..I am fine with narcotics..bring em on..infact bring me a six pack of them Im good with that! I just dont want to feel out of control..doped up I can handle ;-) My doc already wants me eating 100g protien a day to give me a boost preop. Between that and the Iron three times a day (anemia) im taking double stool softners. Oh the things we do to ourselves. Crazy! Thanks for your post CBT..I feels better now. :-)

I remember how nervous I was too! Things are going to go very well for you!!!

I am having a lower body lift on March 17th and I have been feeling the exact same things! Hope everything goes well for you.

Someone who used to be on this forum a long time ago said to me just before my first surgery - ''Eyes on the prize''

I took those words with me - And I told my son to repeat them to me if ever I was 'having a wobble' - Which he did.

So many times on the journey I though 'Am I crazy' but I can safely say now - Years afterwards - That I was NOT crazy - Some ops were harder than others, but - In the end I am a new woman. someone I don't think I would have been able to become whilst carrying the burden of all that skin around with me. I shall always be grateful for those few words - As they (the words) Held my hand through it all.

I know you will do great - And can't wait to see your transformation :)

Edited by Scamp

Got it Scamp…eye on the prize..I will be repeating that as I get shuffled onto the operating table.. thank you x Always loved Scotland, although being from Southern England It was always a bit cold for this Sassenach ;-)

I am having a lower body lift on March 17th and I have been feeling the exact same things! Hope everything goes well for you.

A lower body lift..wow…thats huge! I will be thinking of you on St. Paddy's Day. Best of luck :)