Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Post Op Today with Pics

Hiii everyone, i just wanted to take the time to do an update i just realized that i am 6 months post op today i was sleeved on September 10th 2013 and what can i say other than i am so thankful at the opportunity life has given me its like being reborn again. Back in July 2013 my health took a toll for the worst, that is when my doctor recommended i get Bariatric Surgery because loosing weight would be the only way 2 control my PCOS symptoms i finally decided to do something about it and went ahead and started my WL journey i was then 250 lbs my highest weight ever being 5'1 it wasn't good at all for me along with my PCOS i started having back problems, knee problems, achillis tendons problems, ankles were always swollen, my BP had started to get out of control, along with a few other things. Today at 6 months i couldn't be happier with the way i feel, today i no longer use any medications, i am still in shock when i see myself in the mirror in my head i still think of myself sometimes as being heavy even though i know i am not and peoples reaction when they see me is priceless =) words will never describe how Amazing this journey has been and how i feel i thank God first and for most and my awesome doctor Scott Shikora and Team for giving me this second chance in life my highest weight was 250, today at 6 months post op i am 147 lbs and still counting even my doctor was amazed when i saw him last month he said and i quote (remember we spoke that people who are sleeved loose about 50-60% of their excess weight well you have lost already 75% of your excess weight) he was sooo happy my goal is 135 i am very close i went from size 22 or 2x 3x to my now size 6 and that size is now fitting loose so am i Happy? Heck yeaaah i am Extreeeeemely Happyyyyy! 88 lbs since September 10th (day of surgery i was 235lbs) total weight loss 103 lbs from when i was 250 lbs till now i'll take it! =)))

post-178537-0-99552200-1394508286_thumb.png

[ATTACH]42358[/ATTACH]

post-178537-0-75365100-1394508295_thumb.png

[ATTACH]42359[/ATTACH]

Wow Bethzy, what a transformation. You were beautiful before but now you are beautiful and tiny. Congratulations on a job well done. Did you have problems with Hair loss?

Wow Bethzy, what a transformation. You were beautiful before but now you are beautiful and tiny. Congratulations on a job well done. Did you have problems with hair loss?

Thank you 1Day1Life4Now =) i did/do have Hair loss problems but i have to say at 6 months it has slowed down alooot i started taking my Vitamins without missing a dose and it has made a huge difference along with 1 5000mcg Biotin pill once a week my NUT said to take it just once a week because usually 500mcg's is what is needed and since 5000 is much more 1 a week will do i also use Biotin Shampoo and conditioner every time i wash my hair sooo idk if its a mixture of it all or just my body adjusting but it sure has slowed down a significant amount i used to run my fingers through at 2 months and get a fist full of hair out now i run my fingers through and i might get a strand or 2 but most of the time its nothing, so i am happy about that, i was very self concious about my hair i always had thick long healthy looking hair and i'm a hairstylist soo i always had my hair looking its best then i started worrying when i saw how much was falling of i kept telling my husband if i go bald i am not leaving the house lol i cried every time i saw my hair thinning more and more and i could already see my scalp and some areas were pretty bad =) but yeah there is light at the end of the tunnel i wanna say Vitamins are big key it does slown down eventually

Edited by Bethzy143

You look incredible!!!!!!! Wowweeeeee!!!!

Shel

You look incredible!!!!!!! Wowweeeeee!!!!

Shel

Thank you Shel =)

You look fabulous!!! ???????????? I was sleeved the same day as you. ???? this journey was well worth out cause it definitely improves your health,gives you the energy we were lacking, and overall it boost your esteem and the way you view life. I was 303lbs and I'm now down to 219lbs. If you don't mind me asking... Do you have a lot of loose skin?

Wow, you look great! Congrats on your success!

You look fabulous!!! ?dc4c?dc4f?dc83 I was sleeved the same day as you. ?de0a this journey was well worth out cause it definitely improves your health,gives you the energy we were lacking, and overall it boost your esteem and the way you view life. I was 303lbs and I'm now down to 219lbs. If you don't mind me asking... Do you have a lot of loose skin?

Hi jamill527 thank you and Congrats 2 you thats is Amazing =) i definately have way 2 much energy now but i wouldn't change it for the world, my loose skin is mostly on my under arms and a bit on my belly i have to say though i expected it to be much much worse. My surgeon suggested that if i wanted i could keep a log of anything that happens around the loose skin on my belly like rashes, open skin which happens to some people he says i can get my insurance to pay for a Tummy Tuck when i am a year out if i want but honestly i dont find it necessary because like i said its not as bad as i though thank God but its an option to keep in mind =)

Wow, you look great! Congrats on your success!

Thank you losin_it =)

Beautiful !!!!!!

Thank you missdixie2000 =)

Wow! You look amazing! I'm 5'1" also and hoping for my surgery in June or July. Love seeing such success! Good for you.

Hi jamill527 thank you and Congrats 2 you thats is Amazing =) i definately have way 2 much energy now but i wouldn't change it for the world, my loose skin is mostly on my under arms and a bit on my belly i have to say though i expected it to be much much worse. My surgeon suggested that if i wanted i could keep a log of anything that happens around the loose skin on my belly like rashes, open skin which happens to some people he says i can get my insurance to pay for a Tummy Tuck when i am a year out if i want but honestly i dont find it necessary because like i said its not as bad as i though thank God but its an option to keep in mind =)

Yeah that's where my loose skin is too, but I

Don't think that I'm going to get the tummy tuck either. I happen to be very happy with the way things are progressing, and thank you! ☺️

Wow! You look amazing! I'm 5'1" also and hoping for my surgery in June or July. Love seeing such success! Good for you.

Thank you Pkdvm i wish you the very Best in your journey good for you, and as my husband told me all along when i came to any tuff times like the hairloss or thrush that i got pretty bad after surgery his words were just remember this too shall pass and it will all be worth it when you look back and that is exactly how it has been =)

Edited by Bethzy143

Yeah that's where my loose skin is too, but I

Don't think that I'm going to get the Tummy Tuck either. I happen to be very happy with the way things are progressing, and thank you! ☺️

Jamill527 thats how i feel as well ;) and ur very welcome =)