Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there with Crohn's Disease?

I was just sleeved on 2/11 and I know I am on soft/puree stage still but I have had no issues with the Crohns so far...wondering if anyone else out there is further along and how they are doing. I made this choice more to control the bathroom habits of Crohns the weight loss is just a big GIANT Plus!!!!!

I have had it since 1980- all has been blissfully quiet since vsg in October - feeling normal for the first time in years

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2004 had the lap band surgery May 20, 2014. No problems with My Crohn's since. Knock on wood. Lol

OMG, I have Crohn's as well. 80% of my 150 weight gain has been from 11 years of being on and off prednisone, and I'm in my 6 th week sleeve post op and wow, I feel normal. A bm once or maybe every other day vs at a min 7 , my terminal ileum pain has been non existent, no bloating, normalcy. I had no idea thus would be a positive for my Crohn's but so happy it is.

I have had crohns for 23rd and too have had weight gain from the years off and on prednisone. I hope to have less pain,less bowel movements and urgency, my energy back and my sense if feeling normal again. Knock on wood I have the same positive outcome.

I see my surgeon Nov 13 and he will give me my date, here's to hoping everything goes smooth with my insurance approval. I'm excited and nervous.

I was diagnosed with crohn's last year shortly after I was approved for VSG. I ended up having a bowel resection due to blockage and will be having my vsg surgery 6 months from that surgery. I am happy that I found this thread and hear that other people who have crohn's have been able to have the gastric sleeve and have positive results!

I hope I also have positive results and will decrease my bathroom trips

My last post here was in July, and here it is January 2015 and my Crohns is still behaving, and my bm's are actually once a week. I never thought this would have such a positive outcome for Crohns I still have the related enthesitis and spondylarthropy hence still on Humira but my insides are feeling wonderful and Humira hasn't made me gain weight so it's a win win. This is a great thread and I hope to keep seeing Crohns related postings here.

I went for a colonoscopy and have confirmed crohn's- colorist and will be starting Humira in a few weeks and hopefully my joint pain will decrease. I hope I will have a similar positive change with my crohn's after my surgery, but if I just can get relief from joint pain I will be pleased

Of course having the gastric sleeve will help with weight loss so less pressure on the joints as well.

Edited by proverbs131

@@proverbs131 the weight loss has improved my joint pain, and the humira will help you with any joint pain due to the Crohns. Good luck with your sleeve!

I was never diagnosed with Crohns but I have had IBS for the last 11 years and since I was sleeved 4 months ago I have not had one single issue and I used to have them throughout the week regardless what I ate. I was self pay so I have to say I would have done this just to not have the IBS anymore so it's like a 2 for 1 deal :)

~LA