Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how is everyone feeling?

My hubby gets sleeved March 28th...nervous!

Be prepared for frustration and "buyers remorse" on his part during the first few weeks. It's all normal and expected. You are not only going to have to be his cheerleader, but help make sure a variety of the foods he can have are in the house. He has to own his success, but you can be a big part of it.

Be prepared for frustration and "buyers remorse" on his part during the first few weeks. It's all normal and expected. You are not only going to have to be his cheerleader, but help make sure a variety of the foods he can have are in the house. He has to own his success, but you can be a big part of it.

Thank you so much!

Hi All,

I am Egyptian and had to travel to Germany for the surgery. I just had mine on March 13th. I miss chewing food ! its very hard for me coz i am staying in a hotel and have no access to prepare my own food, so i am stuck with yogurts and the potato Soup they offer at the restaurant near me. I still have to stay one more week here before i fly back home.

ps: I am so happy that i found you guys! the operation is not popular yet in my country and its great to find someone to share our experience with ! :)

Edited by dinasaad

Hi All,

I am Egyptian and had to travel to Germany for the surgery. I just had mine on March 13th. I miss chewing food ! its very hard for me coz i am staying in a hotel and have no access to prepare my own food, so i am stuck with yogurts and the potato Soup they offer at the restaurant near me. I still have to stay one more week here before i fly back home.

ps: I am so happy that i found you guys! the operation is not popular yet in my country and its great to find someone to share our experience with ! :)

Oh man that stinks!!! Well congrats on being about to get it and taking that leap!! yea I finally just got to soft foods. Well if you need to vent feel free!! being away from home has to be hard,

im on my first day liquid diet, I chose to drink Ensure. Its 3 oclock in the afternoon and I didnt sip a 8oz bottle yet. Im still on the food from my last supper.. so no biggie..

I am scared sh*%less of the clear liquid Fluid. Its disgusting. The week post surgery.

The first week has been hard. Each day has gotten easier until today when the fatigue is setting in. Weak as a kitten. And I think I have thrush too. I'm getting ready to call the doctor to see if they will call something in. My mouth is disgusting. Have dropped 10 pounds in a week. Just so tired. First day I've had any negative thoughts. Just need to keep at it I guess. I just keep visualizing 3-4 weeks from now. Life will get back to normal.

I have been trying to try more and more foods but I feel like most of them are getting stuck..... I feel like i have pain all the time because im always "seeing" if i can eat this or that. So far I tried to eat some tuna salad and it was good the first few bites and then it hurt. I think this whole relearning how to pace and eat is harder than it sounded. I need like a shock collar..... BIZZ your eating too fast.... BIZZ you didnt chew that well enough..... BIZZ too big of a gulp of drink.... LOL im sorry i just needed to vent.... old habits die hard....

I have been trying to try more and more foods but I feel like most of them are getting stuck..... I feel like i have pain all the time because im always "seeing" if i can eat this or that. So far I tried to eat some tuna salad and it was good the first few bites and then it hurt. I think this whole relearning how to pace and eat is harder than it sounded. I need like a shock collar..... BIZZ your eating too fast.... BIZZ you didnt chew that well enough..... BIZZ too big of a gulp of drink.... LOL im sorry i just needed to vent.... old habits die hard....

I agree!

NO MORE GREEK YOGURT!!!!! I swear if i have to look at another container of it ill be sick! BLAH. I cannot keep up with calories! I feel like I am eating all the time and if I am not eating im drinking.... but my dr said if i dont maintain at least 800 calories my body will go into starvation mode and I wont lose any weight. And I have notice this!!! Its so frustrating!!!

Please Ladies and Gents give me some good healthy high calorie Ideas..... I am getting very tired of cheese and Soup.

Just joined yesterday. It's good to see other people going through what I am.

Surgery was March 17th, and I am in the liquids and really struggling to take in enough Fluid without going crazy, and so over Protein Shakes. Bought Protein Powder today to try adding to juices instead. Here's hoping it goes better that way! If I have to taste milk again this week, I may scream.

I'm back to work today. Fatigued as all get out. Wish me luck. I think I've officially entered starvation mode. No weight loss today which is the first since surgery 11 days ago. How many calories a day is everyone managing?

I'm back to work today. Fatigued as all get out. Wish me luck. I think I've officially entered starvation mode. No weight loss today which is the first since surgery 11 days ago. How many calories a day is everyone managing?

I was back to work today also.... ugh I am draggin... I have only been able to do 450-600 a day. I havent lost a lb in like 5 days. And I know its because I am not getting enough calories. What are people eating to get these calories.... i feel like the Soups and cheeses are all so low.

I feel the same as most of you. My surgery was March 3rd. I am still having a hard time with liquids of any kind. Sometimes I can drink Water, other times, I cannot. I alternate throughout the day trying various things to drink. I also get tired very easily and I cannot exercise like I want to right now. I am able to eat about about 1/4 cup at a time. Proteing shakes are not working for me either right now, hopefully things will get better as time progresses.

I was just gonna post about average calories. I hit almost 700 today. I feel like that is too much???? I'm 11 days post op. Most days are 400-600. I do feel better today and had a surprisingly decent day at work. Not running a marathon but did ok!