Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how is everyone feeling?

Has anyone already had surgery? If so how are you managing.....

I had my surgery on the 3rd and I feel overwhelmed about how to properly manage my diet. I thought the liquid diet would become easier after surgery because I wouldn't be as hungry but I was wrong. Im still hungry and getting tired of eating the same things. Is it just me?

omg i was just complaining about the same thing. I have my list on my fridge and i feel like i have 4 options for all the meals and Snacks of the day. i had chicken noodle Soup today strained all the good stuff out lol.... blah. I dont think i can eat another yogurt or pudding.... they just make me gag

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery on Tuesday. I just started the full liquid diet today. I previously had a LapBand so I know what I'm in for! It sure does get boring. If anyone finds something good we can all have please please share!

Hello everyone, I had my surgery on March 5th, I'm on the pureed stage. I have a lap band.

I was March 11th, still feeling yucky. I don't food, the smell makes me sick....

I was March 11th, still feeling yucky. I don't food, the smell makes me sick....

Awwww im sorry.... feel better keep us updated!! just push the fluids as much as you can....

GSV on March 3. Came home from the hospital with Thrush and had a horrendous reaction to Protein Shake later in the week. Not a great start :blink:

It's all good now. Having trouble getting enough liquids down and went up a few pounds then stayed stalled there for a few days now ... but I know it was all the Water weight lost in the bad Protein shake experience . So I forgive myself and my sleeve and we are moving forward.

I don't know if anyone else thinks in terms of the old-fashioned scales in the doctor's office but I really looking forward to getting (and staying ) under 250 so that the nurse has to start at 200. Simple pleasures I know, but I will take them as I get them.

yea I am having trouble getting all the fluids and Proteins in. When we can start eating solid foods and exercise things will get so much better!!!

Did anyone else notice we have all lost about the same amount of weight?

LOL i did just notice that!!! look at us go.... except i gained a pound back. I have no idea how .... LOL doesnt seem possible with the amount of food im NOT eating

I got down to 248 quickly after the surgery what was not taking in enough fluids. When i brought fluids where they are supposed to be went up to 252 and have been stuck there for a few days. Really reallylooking forward to getting under 250 - the right way.

In 18 years together , my husband has bought clothing for me once. Many years ago I tried on two outfits and came out of the dressing room with each. When I told him which I selected he said he really likely the other one and would buy that one for me. I outgrew it within a few months and finally he figured out why I wasn't wearing it and stopped suggesting it for various occasions. I weighed about 230 when we bought it.

Last night I was packing for a two-week road trip knowing it would be cooler than expected so would need jackets. I pulled down the jacket from this suit thinking if it wasn't too bad, I could wear it open.

And it fit!

Buttons closed and all.

So did the skirt!

I'd been frustrated with a stall for the last several days, but the fact that this outfit is packed is positive proof that things are changing.

I thought the only place I was losing weight was my hands! Going to have to store my rings shortly until I get close to goal and can have then resized.

Good things are happening to all of us. Just have to keep our heads in the game. :D