Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tried fish yesterday(salmon) and omg it was the worst choice I've made since surgery after a few bites I felt like I had just had a greasy hamburger and was full but then it seem like it was stuck in my throat and esophagus. I managed to drink a Lil Water and went to bed woke up this morning and I still feel like somethings in my throat. I'm just gone stick with my cottage cheese, scrambled eggs and cream of wheat. I'm scared to try anything else. I don't like this feeling at all.

I made the same mistake. I tried some baked salmon way to soon after my nut cleared me. That was a few months ago. Now, the only time I try a new food is on the weekend, and even then I try one ounce, and wait 1 hour to see if I can tolerate it.

If you don't try, you won't know, so I guess that is one way of learning specially if you were told it would be ok??? I know I am going to stick to egg's, cottage cheese, yogurt, and stuff like that for atleast 2 months after my surgery, I don't want to feel yucky!!! But I suppose if your scared to try new things too you won't ever lead a normal life after surgery. So eventually I will start trying. I am most concerned with the whole dairy thing? I hear alot of people don't take dairy very well after bypass? I would love to hear your experiences with diary?

Wish I would of read up on salmon before last night. So sick and won't stop until it was all gone.

I do not have any issues with dairy.

Good to know Kata!!! Thanks

I made the same mistake. I tried some baked salmon way to soon after my nut cleared me. That was a few months ago. Now, the only time I try a new food is on the weekend, and even then I try one ounce, and wait 1 hour to see if I can tolerate it.

Thanks Trevor that's a great idea

If you don't try, you won't know, so I guess that is one way of learning specially if you were told it would be ok??? I know I am going to stick to egg's, cottage cheese, yogurt, and stuff like that for atleast 2 months after my surgery, I don't want to feel yucky!!! But I suppose if your scared to try new things too you won't ever lead a normal life after surgery. So eventually I will start trying. I am most concerned with the whole dairy thing? I hear alot of people don't take dairy very well after bypass? I would love to hear your experiences with diary?

Hi Tina. So far I haven't had any problems with dairy. And you're right if you don't try u won't know.

Good to know Mrs. Harkness, I really hope that I don't, I love milk, and cottage cheese!!!

I didn't have dairy problems. In fact, it was the only things I could tolerate early out. especially cheese.

I'm 22 weeks out and still cant eat eggs. makes me upset because eggs and cheese go so well together.

Ugh, reinangel, I am so sorry to hear that, cause I love eggs, and I really hope that I don't have that issue!!! Well I hope you get past that. Thanks for letting me know about the dairy though!!!