Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April chat for NJ!!!!!

The boob is ok! He said it was Fluid and that he could just stick a needle in it and drain the fluid, or my body would absorb it. So I'm going to let my body do the work!

I didn't go to the MIL meeting cause they wanted to see me at my Dr's. Everything went well. She is going to be moving into assisted living this weekend. DH is going to take her to the storage unit to she what she wants moved in there. I plan on avoiding all that crap! I think I'll color eggs while they do all that!

I did really well with eating today! I totally let myself eat guilt free last night and today I was so into being careful. It really worked! I went for a walk with DH, Lucy and Sandy. Lucy is doing great on the leash! I told her we were going to go on a lot of walks!

Cindy MIL and FIL's dog is still here and still barking and pooping and throwing up all over my house! I am totally frustrated with her. Soon she ill be moving in with FIL, I just feel bad cause I have no idea how he's going to be able to take care of her!

Beanie-Thanks! That would be great but don't worry about it I'd hate to get your allergies in an uproar. I missed the whole Spanish thing. If you don't mind fill me in, is it something with work?

Deb-Sorry the little one isn't feeling good. I hate the scale. I go on it seldom. My brain and heart doesn't need to see the fluctuating! Are you eating slow enough and chewing good? I try to take 20-30 minutes per meal when I don't urgh!

Well I'm off to put PJ's on and watch some TV and go to bed early night night

well i made beef stew tonite with rice..had two teaspoons and got sick.....

but made a banana bread and was able to eat a piece of that....lol

is there a im or chat room where we can all be on at the same time to talk to each other that would be fun to do....

I can't do rice at all, not even in Soup. When I make stew or anything that should have rice with it, I make the rice as a side. For myself I make mashed potatos (I hide a little Protein powder in them). When we go to Popeye's I get red Beans, with mashed potatos in place of rice. They look at me funny but they do it.

I also can't do bread. If I am really craving bread/starch I have wheat crackers. I can't even look at banana bread, or zuchini bread. I have pretty much cleared bread off my list all together. I don't do tortillas either, unless they are fried. (chips)

There is a chat room but we are never on here at the same time. There is a list of who is on here and when and it's usually just 2 or 3 of us. It would be nice if we could all do lunch, or something but we are all so far apart. I am lucky I have a local group here in Chicago that I go to lunch with every month. That is the only face to face support group that I have. My family is great, they support me and my banded lifestyle, but they don't always understand what it's all about. That is what I have my NJ sisters for. ~Mandy

Hi all,

This is Lorraine, Pat's wife. I'm writing to say that Pat is home and feeling ok. His surgery went well and aside from the terrible gas pains, he is feeling better than expected.

Good luck to those who were banded today and to those getting it done tomorrow.

We are hoping this is the start of a healthy new lifestyle change for our family.

He's officially in band-land.

Lorraine

Hey you Texas gals, are you all ok? I think the worst is behind us now, but it was hairy for a while! It was bad up where I work at, thank goodness I am not there right now!

Check in and let us know you are ok.

Hi Betty...we got nothing up here north of Denton...what happened in your parts? I know there was really bad weather down there...

Writing from South Jersey.....

It's Rain, Rain, Rain.....I have a class today and I hate going out when its raining.

...BUT...I do love this website and the people here. I find motivation everytime I come on here and all the advice is amazing. I learn so much--more that what my doc can ever tell me (if he had the time..lol).

Wishing everyone nothing but success as we continue our journey of our new lives.

Yenken, welcome!!! Just to let you know most of us are not really from Jersey, but we all play well together. You will find love and support here, but no fighting or drama. We are a group of girls that support each other with banding and life stuff too.

We had/have high winds in Chicago today...yuck! Here is my forecast for today: Today: Gusty winds. Snow flurries developing this afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph

Yep, it's spring to Chicago, we had the air on a few days ago and are expecting snow flurries today....LOL. Anyone wanna come and play in my Easter snow? It's hard to hide brightly colored eggs in White snow....LOL I laugh of I will cry I swear.

I started planning my DISNEY VACATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! last night. I didn't think it was going to happen and then a friend told me about a package deal that is going to be released in the next 2 weeks that includes food, lodging and tickets for my family, 9 nights 10 park days, $1600 WoooHooo!!! I just have to figure out air travel. My whole family is going so we are going to book Southwest group rates, it's usually about $159 round trip per person. I am already making dining ressies, that's the former fat girl in me...... I am also going to attempt to buy a gasp.....bathing suit. For the past several years I have made excuses to shop, do laundry or take a nap while Dave and Abi swim, not this year. I am going to swim, and maybe even lay out and get some sun...ok so really I am going to get close to the egde of the pool, take off my coverup, and jump in quickly. But I will be in a real swimsuit.....no one piece with built in shorts, no skirt over the front, none of that for me. I might even be so brave as to let Dave take a pic. maybe not.

How is everyone else today? ~Mandy

Rescheduled my doc visit today to the 25th. It was too hard for DH to get out of work to bring me and I HATE going alone. Plus....I get to meet the new nutriontist and I'll make sure to have a food diary so they can help me out of this plateau. Is it considered a plateau when you're not staying the same but going up grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I do feel I need a slight fill but, like Betty has mentioned a band too tight will make it hard to lose as well. I'll let the doc and nutrionist help me decide on the 25th.

I didn't get any updates for a few days here hmmmm. Always happens to me when we start a new chat thread. I've put the thread on "instant notification" but, eh it works when it wants to.

So yesterday I had the day off and kept DS home from high school for the day. We had a day of running around getting his car on the road. Ohhhhh I just love the RMV....NOT! Anyway he's all set and has his own wheels now. Lord.....please ride with him.

Hopefully I'll get in here soon for personals. Tonight afterwork Crispy is coming over for a treatment and dinner and Thursday is the last stainedglass class so may just maybe Friday I'll have time :o Sorry my friends...I love ya and thank you for being here. Hugs and I hope you're all doing better than me on the shrinking :D

Welcome Yenken and Squale !!!!! Good to see you both posting here. Grab a cup of coffee and stick around :o

Hi girlies.... can't play, got ooodles of work and between that, TOM, and a few of my boss's wise remarks to me (basically calling me a low life but not in those words) I'm kinda down.... me thinks it TOM speaking more than anything else so I'm trying to let it blow over.

Love you all !!!!

Nothing happening here, today....

Cindy - Awww. They do grow up, don't they. I remember when my nephew was an adorable baby with a Cool Whip container on his head... now he's 25 yrs old! Congrats to your DD on her win. :]

Dianne - the Spanish thing is because I am trying to get certified as a Teacher in TX - and I want to teach Spanish. Once upon a very long time ago, I was fluent in the language... but, 18-20 yrs later, I have forgotten all of it. So, I am starting over at ground zero. Oh - on the plants - I have to yank the stuff out of the ground, whether I am alergic or not - so If I get a good piece, I will send it on. :] It will give more meaning to the all-over bumpy red rash that I get every time I get near the stuff.

Mandy - Good Luck with the suit shopping. I hear that it is miserable, even for skinny chicks. But I think if I was down to a size 12? like you, I might actually enjoy the experience! Have fun, you bathing beauty, you!

Pat & Lorraine - Hello! Welcome to our little chat. Pull up a keyboard and set a spell. The more, the merrier. Pat, we will want the full report on your surgery experience when you are feeling a little better. :]

Betty - nothing but rain in Allen. No worries. Everything OK at your house?

Yenken - Hello! Tell us all about you... what kind of classes are you taking? Are you a Genuine Jersey Girl? Lots of us are from other places... we just like it here. :] Hope to hear more about you in the near future.

Sherry - Thinking safe thoughts for your boy. Hugs! He will be ok, really. Did you get your stained glass project done in time? Can't wait to see pics.

Eileenie - HUGS!! Bosses are notorious for having *&**^$$^ communication skills. MAYBE there is another slant on whatever he said. I hope that it really is just your hormonally challenged perception, this time. xo

Well, Algebra is calling. Man, I feel old.

xo

Welcome to you new gals! As an intro to you, I live in Texas, in the Denton area.

Mandy, I'll be in the World June 15-20, then on the DCL from 21-24. When are you goin? Get a swimsuit girl...even I have a suit and am braving it by going to Blizzard Beach this trip! cellulite, flappy arms and all. Power to the people!

LOL! Or, as Eileen would say....WTF? No one's really lookin' anyways.

We are going Sept 15-24. We are doing a Grand Gathering, my mom and dad are going along with my sister her hubby and their 4 kids. ~Mandy

Phooey. Just hoping you were planning the trip for this summer...but any trip to the World is a great trip! I love planning them almost as much as going there!