Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April chat for NJ!!!!!

Happy Easter!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day with their family and friends.

Yesterday DH and I colored eggs with DBIL, DSIL and DN. DS was working so we saved him a few to do. Wasn't sure if at 1 month less of 17 years old he'd wanna do some but, he did. I was happy he wanted to do a few. Going to be lots of egg salad this week haha

Today in-laws and mom are coming for Easter dinner. Son is working again until 6:30 so I'm going to put some aside for him and I'll sit with him when he gets home. He was upset that he wasn't going to be here but, he understands when you work it sometimes happens. DS was getting ready for work so I snuck in his room and left something for him. He got out of the shower and into his room and said AWWWWW MOM you didn't have to do that. I said Do what? lol Told him the Easter bunny left it. Since he just got a car I got him a wash bucket filled with a bucket pocket wrap, car wash, sponge, spray car polish, tire cleaner/shiner, tire brush and of course his favorites, Twix, Reeses easter eggs, War heads, Cadbury mini eggs and some other stuff. I still have fun doing that stuff :) For my nephew he's getting a soft bunny basket, A stuffed chick that churps and a sippy cup...his dad is getting a 1 lb chocolate bunny and his mom a chocolate cross and each a masa with an egg in it. Funny, I didn't get me or DH anything lol

So my Easter meal is in the oven...my mom spoiled us and bought most of the meal from the Honey Baked Ham company..she got spiral cut ham, turkey breast, cinnamon apples, cornbread stuffing and sweet potatoe casserole. All we had to do make mash potatoes and the veggies. Easy meal to do today that's to Mom :)

While it's all cooking....and in between me goofin here to say hello...I've been working with a program Professor Teaches Office, Windows, Web & Graphics. I'm learning the Excel program now. I've worked with Excel but I need alot more information and knowledge now that work has me learning the financial aspects and I have to report the financial status to the accounts we do business for. UGH. Can you say BORING! I have to say the programs are well thought out though. I need to get to Pivot Tables but I'm working my way through the entire Excel program so I'm familiar with it all and hopefully learn more formulas etc.

So...I better get going, I need to turn on the veggies, check the oven and lick the NEXT button of this very exciting Excel program. (trying to convince myself I like it hahahah)

Happy Easter everyone!

PS Cindy......oooo sooo close! You can do it. Maybe if I'm lucky....my body will follow yours soon into ONDERLAND. How Exciting!

Happy Easter to all of my Band friends....I am still on 203....go for a adjustment on wed. so i hope that will help.....back to work tomorrow...yea and boo at the same time.....we are having prime rib and veggies and yams....

Everyone have a Great Easter....talk to u all soon... Deb

Hey All... Back from Cabinland! It was WONDERFUL having indoor plumbing once again and this time I actually ventured into the whirlpool tub...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :) I think we are going to buy it... we really do love it there... the problem will be getting me to stay home... ever.

Sherry... Loved your angel! If you ever do them to sell I'll be putting my order in for a dragonfly. :(

Betty... Snow... WOW...lol... I actually thought of you when we watched the news and they told of snow in Texas...lol. Of course... we had snow Saturday but that is certainly more normal around these parts! So sorry about your Aunt... (((hugs)))

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

Here are some pics of the possible cabin upgrade.

post-203959-13813134819548_thumb.jpg

post-203959-13813134820144_thumb.jpg

post-203959-13813134820668_thumb.jpg

post-203959-13813134821163_thumb.jpg

Darc...I think I wouldn't want to leave either! Heck I don't even have a garage on my everyday home lol. It's beautiful!

Darcy, that is beautiful. I would buy that too. I think I would make as many reasons as possible to go there, and spend at least every weekend. My house would never be cleaned, I would spend all my free time at the cabin. How far is it from your house?

Today we had a late lunch at my sisters. I made a Turkey and a small roast, with gravy for each. I also made cream cheese Mashed Potatos ( a fave with my family) a cool whip pie (recipe at the bottom of this post) and a cheesecake ball that we dipped nilla wafers in. My sister made ham and green Beans and rolls. A request was made for my iced tea, and I made 4 gallons. It was all gone before dinner was over. I am exhausted, I was up at the crack of dawn to start cooking and I talked to a soon to be banded woman in my area until almost 2 this morning. I am tired, sore and my head is pounding. I took a sleeping pill and then the clock went off 4 hours later. I guess I should have reconsidered when I knew I didn't have 8 hours to sleep. I am going to take one tonight too, but I get to sleep in tomorrow. We are on spring break this week!!! WooHoo!

Cool Whip pie:

1 small tub cool-whip (I use lite)

1 container of Jello (sugar free is fine)

1 Graham cracker pie crust

Make the Jello according to the box directions.

Allow it to set 80% of the way. Blend the jello and cool whip until smooth.

Pour into the pie crust and refrigerate 3 hours.

The mixture will be thin when you pour it in the crust, but will become like Twinkie filling texture as it sets.

I love it when I say "I'll bring a watermelon pie" people look at me sooooo strange. They are easy, cheap, lite, and really tasty. I make regular ones and sugar free ones. Today I made strawberry daiquiri pie, it was the first dessert gone. I have also made raspberry and topped it with real fruit. I make a red, white and blue one for the 4th of July (strawberry, blue rasberry, and lemon or pineapple). Abi's favorite is strawberry banana. Dave likes the lemon lime. (I make the jello with sprite)

~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

I wish I could just crawl back under the covers! My bed is calling me to come back in and just stay!:):( :eek: :)

Darcy - Oh, I just love that cabin! I would be so happy there in the woods with that view! By the way, you look great! You look skinny minnie!:):D

Mandy - Thanks for the recipe. It all sounds yummy!

Sherry - What a cool idea you did your for son! I wouldn't have thought of that one!

Cindy - How did you do yesterday? Is that scale going to give you the magic numbers today?

Good morning to all of the rest of you, I can't remember what everyone else said they were doing. I have one of those CRS days I guess! Like I said, I just want to crawl back in bed!

I ate way too much junk yesterday! It was all really good though, especially when for a change I didn't have to cook it. We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes/gravy, corn, salad, sweet potatoes, squash, spinich, rolls, and fruit salad, I know I am forgetting some stuff, but right now I just can't remember. Then we had 3 birthdays, and she had the favorite of each person, so we had an ice-cream cake for one, a berry pie for the other one, and a peach cobbler for my DH. It was really a nice day spending it with the family.

LOLOL... Thanks Betty... but that is my daughter. :)

Morning all,

It's Spring Break!!!! And did I get to sleep in?? Noooooo! I have already

dropped off the High School kids and come home to feed the other 2, but still glad not to have to work -- yeah!

Easter was fun, Garrett was told to stand up during service and everyone sang to him. Later we did a huge egg hunt, and he got cool gifts and we cut into the Giant pizza size cookie that I made him, instead of the cake. He was a very happy camper! Today I promised to take Garrett out so that he could spend his Birthday money. He wants a wrist watch and a pocket radio. Then we have dishes and laundry to contend with.

While reading posts my eyes flipped open to see our own Cindy on yet another milestone. Retirement and onderland so close together --

that makes ones heart aflutter! Very proud of your accomplishment.

And Darcy...... the cabin-girl. Simply adorable. That table that holds the quilts -- what a marvelous idea. Where did you get that??! The kids and I are the blanket crew. We sit around the TV all wrapped in quilts and such on movie nights -- crazy! We live in Southern California where it's warm.... uh, we're babies and fear the cold of 68 degrees! OK, you can stop laughing already. Hugs,

Hiya Patty... Glad you had such a great Easter! I had to go back and look at the pictures to see what you were talking about...lol. That is all of my sister's stuff and unfortunately she will be taking most of it when she sells the cabin. That cabinet is actually some type of food bin I think... the has anohter one down in the basement with toys in it. SHe is great with home decor and has the best ideas for using old items in new ways.

CIndy... Congratulations... hope Onederland is all you dreamed it would be! (((hugs)))

Hey All!

I hope everybody had a fabulous holiday and a wonderful weekend!

Another glorious day in Mtg Lending... *sigh* I guess continued employment is the best option - but DANG it's boring here every day!

I am now the proud owner of a new freezer - and all the food from our fridge-freezer is now relocated into it. Now, all we need is for the repairman to fix the fridge tomorrow and my life can resume as per normal. Living out of an ice chest leaves a bit to be desired. I will be so glad to get my fridge back!

Saturday was freezer shopping. Sunday we did grocery shopping. Both days I played my latest video game... The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind. It's not a new game, but it's new to me. I just joined the Mages Guild and I am trying to become a Journeyman... :]

So that's all the excitement for this weekend. I can tell you that while I am not big into the Easter Celebration, some speckled Malted Milk eggs found their way into my cart, yesterday. My scale is acting up - but if it is to be beleived at all, I am still hovering at 282/283. (adjusted to match doc's scale is 286/287)

I have only clocked 4 miles for April so far - a pretty weak showing considering the date today... but I will try to do better for the rest of the month. My only consolation is that I have already clocked more in April than I did for the whole month of March! LOL!

I started out my day today with a little zing... we have had a big ol' red wasp in the house that we could not catch and throw outside. First he was up at the ceiling behind the curtains, then he was down in the windowsills behind the furniture - and I had pretty much forgotten all about him... until I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my forearm this morning! The little &*(I^%$&( crawled up onto the arm of my chair and I set my arm right down on him. He did not survive the encounter - as I immediately got up and smacked him with DH's size 13 tennis shoe! So, I have one more red welt to add the rest.

We have decided that we must have some stealth poison oak or poison ivy out front - since I have the classic symptoms of that. I am going to have to check the shrubs & vines in my front yard!

Otherwise, there is nothing new to report...

Mr. Pat - that liquid burp should be less of a problem as the swelling goes down from surgery. I think you must just be really tight from that. Sorry about the breath... eventually, that will calm down too.

Mandy - Hi! WDW in September sounds like fun! So, were your local girls Bandsters? Or just gal pals? Are you guys doing anything special for Spring Break?

Chris - Whew! Sounds like you are busy! Hope you and TatBoy can leave the baggage behind and deal with each other from the now. Hugs! So, am I the only one on this thread who ISN'T planning a Disney Trip? LOL! Have fun! Oh - and be sure to post the bunny picture. I want to see that!

Eileenie - I PM'd you back... :] If that boss man doesn't tone it down, I will have to catch a plane... Hugs!

Patty - Hi Hon! Glad to hear you have some breathing room on the finances. Can't wait to hear the unemployment tale of your DexH. He never fails to astound me... Hugs! So, is Garrett not a big fan of Cake? Or is he just a little Cookie Monster? Any big plans for Spring Break at your house?

Sherry - Wow! That's pretty awesome for your first project! Is that opal/rainbow glass in the wings? She's beautiful! And, of course your DS wanted to color eggs. I am 42 yrs old, and I still want to... I think Christmas and Easter both, you are allowed to be a kid, no matter how old you are. Did you get your excell program from that guy on TV who gives you the first lesson for free? I have thought about doing that excell thing, myself. You will have to let me know if you convince yourself that you like it - or at least if you learn anything. :]

Kat - Friday afternoon was a pretty laid back affair... my phantom signal was working great, so I surfed some renfair clothing sites. I am always looking for ideas - and I figure one of these times I am going to see something I can't live without. If I weren't on the verge of unemployment, I would have grabbed up a sword and baldric for DH. The price was pretty doable and the baldric was big enough for him. But, alas, I dare not spend my coin at this time... The freezer was a life neccessity. The Baldric and sword purely frivolous. Maybe for Christmas.... Hopefully by then, I will either know this job will last, or have a new one.

Betty - you got snow? If we did, it was only for a minute - cause I missed it. It was plenty cold - but I didn't see any snow. Sorry about your Aunt. Hugs!

Cindy - I am holding my breath for you - have you hit the magic number, yet? I am so excited for you. My scale got me all excited yesterday - first it said 280 - but when I went for the verification weigh, it wouldn't give me any numbers at all. Then it went to 283. It's all messed up. Hope your scale is functioning normally! I may have to invest in one of those medical scales - the old fashioned kind with the weight slider at the top. They are never persnickety....

Deb - you are doing great! Hope the adjustment gives you the push into Onderland! Did you have a great day at work? :]

Darcy - OOOOOOOOO - if there were any way, I would get that beautiful cabin! Wow... So, will your DS take that cool sled out of the rafters? That place looks awesome! Maybe you should cut a deal for fully furnished. :] That table IS pretty cool...

Well - I am thinking I am going to blast out of here a bit early today, too. I just can't see any purpose in hanging around when there is nothing to do... besides, I have 3 whole days of vacation time, left... At an hour a day, that will get me through til May... LOL!

Love you guys!

TTL

Well I got through my first day back to work....busy busy busy.....I have enough of work to last me a long time.....I hope everyone enjoyed there easter....we had a quiet one....which was nice....I hope the next fill gets me into onederland....talk to u all later...Deb

Wow Deb... you will be in Onderland with Cindy really soon!

Irene... BUMMER on that @%#$@^%@^ wasp! I hope you squished his little guts out! LMAO on the stealth poison ivy... sounds like you are having a tough time of it. I KNOW... isn't that sled pretty!!! I told her I would like to buy it... we'll see what the damages will be if she is willing.

I need to go back and read what everyone's miles are as I am slacking on the job for posting the totals for last month. Cindy needs to give us a swift kick in the kit and kaboodle and get us all building up the miles! I have a whomping 1.5 for April so far...lololol. Beat that Eileenie...lolol.

Well... I just ate a grapefruit... shouldn't I be skinny now???? :)

(((hugs)))

Our spring break is going to be very laid back. We are planning a day at the zoo, but that's about it. WDW in fall is always so relaxing and fun. My girls group is all bandsters. We have a great time, we laugh and just hang out. I invited them here, so you guys can see how great they are are vise/versa. ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

I am sitting here eating a piece of meatloaf for Breakfast. I am so sick of Breakfast food, so leftovers sounded better to me this morning. :hungry:

It's going to be nicer today, and really pretty tomorrow! Bring on the nice weather, I am past ready for it. :):(

Beanie - I am glad I didn't come and get your tickets! You would have been upset when you found out it was for a different weekend!:) :eek: :eek: :eek: We couldn't go that weekend either. Algebra! I don't remember a thing about it! Nothing at all! I got an A in the class, but that was moons ago! You definately don't want me helping you with that now!:eek: :eek: :eek: No Disney trip for me either Beanie! I am alergic to bees/wasps, so I am always on the lookout for them. Hope your bite isn't too bad!

Patty - Glad to see things are getting a little better for you! I know it has really be tough for you the last few months. Sometimes we just have to hit the bottom before we get to climb back up! Looks like you are starting your climb now, Goo Luck!

Darcy - Wow, your daughter sure looks like you! I could have sworn that was you! I would just ask your DS if she won't make you a package deal and just buy it set up the way it is. Gosh, it is so purty!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Cindy - Ms Cindy where are you? You don't have to wait till you hit that magic number to come on here, we know it was a holiday, boy, do we ever know!:eek: :eek:

Deb - Isn't it tough going back after being off for a while? Glad things went good for you!

Mr Pat - Sorry about the burping problems, some people can't ever burp and others like me can't quit! Of course there's the other end that works well too!

Kat - Everytime we go out and I see all the Bluebonnets I think about you. I wish you could see them all by me. People were everywhere on Easter taking pictures in the flowers.

Pat - Ms Pat where are you chickie? No long stay aways now!

Eileen - Send that boss man on his way! I say get rid of him asap! We can all come up there and kick him out for you!

Well, my clock says I should be dressed already and I'm not! So, I'll catch you all later!

Another day, another 25 cents...

Let's see. My scale is still tweaking - so I have no idea what I really weigh. That's scary...

There is literally nothing on the calendar for today... unless work miraculously appears, I will be studying the evil Algebra.

Tomorrow, I have my first counselling session with the teacher program people at Collin County Community College. We are going to review my transcripts to see what, exactly, I can qualify to teach. I may need to take remedial reading or something. :biggrin1:

Deb - glad to hear work was ok. I am thinking too much beats none, at least it does for me, right now.

Darcy - that little sucker died within minutes! I have always been that way about bugs. You leave me alone, you live. You mess with me, you are one dead insect.

Mandy - laid back is always my preference. I know people who plan every second of their "free" time. Sort of defeats the purpose, if you ask me. I hope we get to meet some of your local band buddies, here. :]

Betty - The bite is miraculously ok, today. I have had bad reactions to wasp stings in the past - but since I have had this lovely poison ivy, I happened to have some antihistamine cream standing by - so I put it right on the sting and today it's all ok. Just a tiny sore spot on my arm.

Well, I am off to eat a salmon cup and study some math.

Hugs & Love to All!