Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting liquid diet again

Not to belabor the point, but sleevers who are relatively new can have a harder time knowing when to stop. It took me a long time. Your sleeve is a baby at this point. It's just a good habit to measure your food so you don't overdo it and eat more than 4 oz. We all want you to succeed.

I have to admit, hearing "eat anything I want" sounded bad to me, too. Maybe it's "eat anything I want that is on my plan..." :)

This becoming a big deal. Most of you knew what I meant. The point of this was to 1. Get advise for someone who is in my shoes 2. Help someone who's going through the same thing. I am 176 today and that's because of the liquid diet. So for those who asked, I would suggest you start liquid diet if you want to break your stall :) ... Just because I had surgery does not mean my food cravings went away. I still crave pizza and I had and so what? I am happy now and by eating whatever I want means I have a 5oz yogurt where as people here say they can barely have few spoons. I can drink Water normally, I can eat fish, chicken-dry and again no problem. Have a good night and good luck!

D

It is very normal to have slow weight loss and plateaus the first couple of months. It's not advisable to go back on a liquid diet without your surgeons support. Stick to your program, it will work. Be patient. I only lost 4 pounds in all of January and it was way discouraging but I stuck to my plan and lost about 14 lbs in February. Don't assume you know better than your surgeon. Trust the process

Ummm... You're maybe not losing Bc you're "eating whatever you want". Anyway, try less than 50 carbs a day. You'll start losing again.

"Ummmmm" I think people are always quick to judge :( how about a possibility while eating what we are required to but maybe have a lot lower metabolism than others that's a Huge possibility! Maybe have your metabolism tested I did and found out mine is lower than most meaning I will lose slower!

"Ummmmm" I think people are always quick to judge :( how about a possibility while eating what we are required to but maybe have a lot lower metabolism than others that's a Huge possibility! Maybe have your metabolism tested I did and found out mine is lower than most meaning I will lose slower!

Maybe you're right. But when u post on a forum it's open to discussion. Meaning you're going to get advice from different angles. One takes what one needs from the answers and chooses to ignore what they don't.

This is my second account on this forum, as I was locked out of my old one. I've been on these boards for 3 years total. More often than not slow weight loss is from too many carbs. If it doesn't work, cutting carbs, then try someone else's suggestion. You eventually find what works for you.

FYI I don't eat more than 50 carbs a day and that's the most. Usually it's been 30-40. So yea ummmm thanks ;)

Losing about 35 or so pounds in 2 months is an average of about 4 pounds a week which I consider a decent weight loss. That's about my average which I like because it's slow and steady. I too have stalled but I actually eat more, instead of less and it jump starts my stalls within a day or two. Of course, what I eat more of makes a difference since it's lean Protein or the shakes, salads, etc but I eat 5 times a day instead of three, but to each his own.

FYI I don't eat more than 50 carbs a day and that's the most. Usually it's been 30-40. So yea ummmm thanks ;)

wow Donaboss! i cant believe what this conversation turned into. being in the same boat as you, i understood completely what you were trying to say and why you started with the liquids again. i read your food diary on mfp. hang in there. we will get through this! im not going to take offense to what anyone else said b/c people dont know the full story and i dont want that to sound snotty b/c its hard to convey tone in a post!

when we stall, we try different things to jump start the wieght loss again, whether it be supplementing with shakes, upping/lowering calories/carbs. etc...

Thanks to you all for sharing!

I was sleeved on December 11 and have lost (only!) 30 pounds, but 24% of my body fat which my Dr. says is great! I am 5'11 and currently 225 pounds. I'm down from a size 18 to a 14/15, but I feel like I am sliding backwards in my weight loss goal! I, too, have allowed myself to eat most everything, and I know I drink way to often! I never thought about going back to the liquid phase, but I am going to start that today!

I am excited to continue reading the posts for suggestions and updates from my fellow sleevers!!